• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

In the Navy ...

C

Charles

I've been playing/training for a few weeks now at the Tokyo Gaijin RFC, and this sunday we have an awesome friwndly against the

USS George Washington Rugby Team, from the Yokosuka naval base ! :eek: :D

I expect some massive marines coming hard on us all day ...

If I'm not dead I'll keep you guys updated .

Haha, you'll be fine. If its the George Washington then they'll be fish heads (what we call the Navy here)

Its the Airborne that you'll have to be worried about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 3 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Haha, you'll be fine. If its the George Washington then they'll be fish heads (what we call the Navy here)

Its the Airborne that you'll have to be worried about.[/b]

Fisheads with you but we also say BrickHeads about them

Beware my friend :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: they do not know worth of humor

i really don't know how good there gonna be but I do know the Naval Academy is one of the Best Teams in the States and the marines you never know what your gonna get. lol do me a favor and make sure they know there drinking games ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Feb 4 2009, 12:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i really don't know how good there gonna be but I do know the Naval Academy is one of the Best Teams in the States and the marines you never know what your gonna get. lol do me a favor and make sure they know there drinking games ;)[/b]

Marines you have amazing guys!!!!!!

And I think they know how to stand though

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Feb 4 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i really don't know how good there gonna be but I do know the Naval Academy is one of the Best Teams in the States and the marines you never know what your gonna get. lol do me a favor and make sure they know there drinking games ;)[/b]

We play the Naval Academy annually and they are very good... They play a hard running forward oriented game with big mobile forwards and backs that are built like forwards. When we played them we often found that what they lacked in rugby skill they more then made up for in sheer size and power. Everyone of there backs was built like a brick shithouse and was very hard to stop.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Feb 4 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Feb 4 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We play the Naval Academy annually and they are very good... They play a hard running forward oriented game with big mobile forwards and backs that are built like forwards. When we played them we often found that what they lacked in rugby skill they more then made up for in sheer size and power. Everyone of there backs was built like a brick shithouse and was very hard to stop.
[/b][/quote]

<_< Exactly what I was thinking...Pray for me if I have to stop a 100kg winger... :eek:

Hit them from the side HARD, Charles. Even the biggest players can be put off balance with a good hard shove from the side, just below the ribs.

Hmmm...the Navy eh...if you have to share showers with them, remember not to drop the soap!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Feb 4 2009, 05:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Feb 4 2009, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Frntline @ Feb 4 2009, 08:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

<_< Exactly what I was thinking...Pray for me if I have to stop a 100kg winger... :eek:
[/b][/quote]

yah don't expect much wide ball... a lot of kicking though. Most of their back play involved pop passes and switches between 12 and 13 and these were big lads... who would just get the ball and try and smash a hole through the defence.

We played another American school called Kutztown in a tournament and they had this one black prop who had to be about 350lbs and about 6'5... no joke. On a penalty he would back up about ten meters from the mark his scrummy would tap the ball and he would run onto a pop pass from the scrummy with everyone trailing him. He would go into contact and blow about 3 of us out of the way and usually it would end up they would maul about halfway down the goddamn field was very ridiculous.

here is a photo of my team (Royal Military College) facing off against United States Naval Academy

Looks like a well cultivated and lovingly cared for pitch you lads are playing on there...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Feb 6 2009, 06:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Looks like a well cultivated and lovingly cared for pitch you lads are playing on there...[/b]

Well there was a rugby tournament at navy that weekend

Teams were

United States Naval Academy
United States Air Force Academy
United States Military Academy
Royal Military College of Canada (my team)
Kutztown University
University of Delaware

A lot of rugby was played in wet conditions which explains the **** pitch

on another note my school has a wonderful and incredibly scenic location for a pitch

Military college playing rugby on the banks of the rideau canal with a fortress and military institute overlooking

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Canadian_Rugger @ Feb 5 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Military college playing rugby on the banks of the rideau canal with a fortress and military institute overlooking

[/b]

Who the hell arrived in a tank?!

Latest posts