• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

InFamous

S

St Helens RLFC

I downloaded the demo the other day and I'm not sure what to think. It does a lot of things well and some of the others are a bit odd... It is, for example, way too easy to die.

Visually though it looks outstanding.

Heard a bit about it. Can you do a summary on what its about? Too lazy to do any research...

Your character is caught in a massive explosion and goes into a coma. When he wakes up he can comandeer electricity. You basically shoot by firing bolts of electricity.

This is one which has had a lot of hype, and I think it does a lot of things well in terms of movement - it's the same 'superhero' feel that you get in Spiderman 2. Graphically it looks good, particularly lighting effects, but there are a few glitches even in the brief demo. If Prototype turns out to deliver on the hype, I think it could be two very similar games and whichever is better could cost the other one in terms of sales.

I like the demo, but definitely not blown away by it. There's a pretty heavy June release catalogue for PS3 and I'm not sure this is going to live up to its hype.

apparently you can die really easily in the beginning because you can only take 3 hits. I have heard its probably best to up the amount of damage you can take the first chance you can get makes the game a bit easier and enjoyable to play.

Well, I spend my first 4 hours with it last night. It's like the ******* son of Crackdown and the lightning powers from Force Unleashed, with a bit of free running thrown in for good measure. Not exactly a bad thing.

Visually it's lovely, especially when you're underground and only have the lighting effects from your electric arms flickering illumination over the scenery. The Free Running element is a bit stutter to begin with, but after a while it becomes second nature and you can put together some very fluid movements as you hop from one rooftop to the next. Gameplay is varied and intuitive, it keeps you in the "just one more mission" mindset. The Good/Evil choices will offer some sort of re-playability, (assuming the missions are different), but however it won't last you any longer then a couple of months.

O/A it's pretty good, but not a life changer. I recommend giving the full game a try, even if you were underwhelmed by the demo.

I have had a breif play with this, flatmate hired it out and i jumped on every now and again. It seams really good i enjoyed it. It was easy to pick up and play controls were good. Some of the upgraded skills that you can get are cool

I enjoyed riding around on the power lines and railway tracks like an electromagnetic train thing, good fun.

well worth looking at at least.