• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ingoal depth and glubber-kick try attempts

sigesige00

Bench Player
In the coming World Cup, ingoal depth is 6m at all venues, because Football and Athletic stadiums in which 112m is the maximum length are used.
So all games are played in the pitches whose ingoal depth are the minimum standard 6m.
Is there any statistic research about the relationship between ingoal depth and number of glubber-kick try attempts (and its success probability)?:cool:

Sorry, I was misspelling "grubber". Administrators, could you correct the spelling of the thread ***le?

Last edited:
***Japanese guy spells Grubber "Glubber"***

Nyop7iN.gif

AFAIK these is no "standardising" of all RWC venues to 6m in-goals.

Some of the stadiums will be that way, especially Soccer stadiums, but AFAIK, at least Twickenham, Wembley and Millenium Stadiums will keep their standard in-goal sizes.

AFAIK these is no "standardising" of all RWC venues to 6m in-goals.

Some of the stadiums will be that way, especially Soccer stadiums, but AFAIK, at least Twickenham, Wembley and Millenium Stadiums will keep their standard in-goal sizes.

As far as I understand from the JRFU officials, the pitch size of all venues are same. So Japan's all preparation matches (World XV last weekend, Uruguay this and next weekends) are played in the 112m length pitches.

can you give a reference to that? cant see them changing the layout of existing rugby pitches

As far as I understand from the JRFU officials, the pitch size of all venues are same. So Japan's all preparation matches (World XV last weekend, Uruguay this and next weekends) are played in the 112m length pitches.

I cannot find any reference to this, but it would not surprise me since most Rugby grounds in Japan are Soccer grounds

e7e4c305bc0493c0734f2f45ca5aaf684d0eb951_Chichibunomiya_Rugby2.JPG

This one, however looks like it has full in-goals to me. Its Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium in Tokyo, home ground if the NTT Shining Arcs in the Japan Top League

I cannot find any reference to this, but it would not surprise me since most Rugby grounds in Japan are Soccer grounds

e7e4c305bc0493c0734f2f45ca5aaf684d0eb951_Chichibunomiya_Rugby2.JPG

This one, however looks like it has full in-goals to me. Its Prince Chichibu Memorial Stadium in Tokyo, home ground if the NTT Shining Arcs in the Japan Top League

That is also Japan's national Rugby stadium. The JRFU's office is also in that stadium.

Born/raised/live in Japan?

Yes born/raised in Japan. But I call for cancellation of the 2019 World Cup in Japan, because Japan is dangerous for players and supporters because of nuclear disaster.
Is it possible to have 2019 World Cup in Argentina or North America? Are there enough number of Rugby stadiums there?
I have an opinion about the length of Rugby pitch.

Under the current rule:

Width: 70m (68m minimum)
Length of field of play: 100m (94m minimum)
Length of ingoals: as close as 22m, at least 10m when possible (6m minimum)

If we change this to:

Width: 68m
Length of field of play: 94m
Length of ingoals: 9m

So the total length of the pitch is 112m. Since Soccer stadiums like Wembley and St James Park are used in this World Cup (length of the pitch is 112m), by this change we can have World Cup in most regions of the World.

- - - Updated - - -

can you give a reference to that? cant see them changing the layout of existing rugby pitches

It was my misunderstanding. JRFU officials were saying that ingoal depth is 6m at all venues of Japan's pool matches. At Twickenham ingoal depth is 10m.

Latest posts