Initiation rituals

Cruz_del_Sur

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Argentina
Club or Nation
CASI
Are initiation rituals still a thing where you live? Meaning when you make it to the 1s XV of your school, club, Uni, province, national team, you are forced to undergo a certain "procedure" that is most of the times not entirely pleasant.
I've heard stories (club, province, national) that go from mild binge drinking to getting a beating from the forwards pack to being left naked in a public park only to receive your clothes after you caught a chicken that was given a 10 sec head start (no joke).

Are these a thing of the past (or maybe they didnt even happen where you live)?
Odd stories welcomed.

well i know the case of shaving heads and drinking the "beberage" made of urine and saliva from the whole team

Uni's tend to have the worse initiation when it comes to Rugby in the UK.

But it got too extreme about 8-5 or so years ago and alot of Uni's are now stamping down on it hard in most places.

Uni, in the past, have had some crazy ones for the freshers. They seem to change each year depending on who was captain.

I've seem them having to walk through the river Taff one side to the other in very little clothing - I think someone broke their leg that year. I've heard that they've ate dog food and did shots, whilst running a 'circuit'. All subsequent vomit went on to a plastic sheet slipway, which is also covered in all kinds of bodily fluid, which at the end of the circuit you would slide heard first through.

Latest posts