• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Injured England quartet ruled out

Pitty about Strettle and Rees, couldn't care about the other two. Maybe this'll thrust Lund or the girly haired ponce from Saracens into the lineup?

Anyway, on a slightly different note, England break these players then the RFU cause the clubs to suffer the consiquences. Same old, same old...

Worsley isn't injured! He's fine, I was talking with him last night! Italy might be the best way to ease Lund back into international duty after his pair of rather deer-in-the-headlight performances last year.

As for the "Wimp" (who did a rather good job making the Northampton back row his *****es before consigning the Saints to the children's crèche of English rugby), I don't think I'd want to send him into this, I'm quite happy that not one player in Saracens has international duty or even 2nd team duty with the Saxons!

Whatever, same Seymour who made Saints his ***** and still with the team that mostly earned their wages in 06/07 ;)

Mike Tindall sustained bruising to his liver against Wales and is likely to miss the rest of the tournament. [/b]

Lies! Wales didn't injure them, they injured themselves!

Seymour is **** and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an England shirt. End of. Lund is only slightly better.

As for the centre - Tait, Hipkiss, Smith - anyone but Jamie Noone.

So Shaun wasn't joking...

"I asked Shaun a question on defensive formation and he said 'I don't care, just smash them'," said Jones.[/b]

On a serious note lets hope Tindall does not suffer any long term damage.

This is getting desperate.

I'm not a big fan of Lund. How long are Easter & Ward-Smith out?

I guess it'll be Cueto for Strettle, which isn't inspiring since the other wing is Sackey.

I'm struggling to come up with a centre pairing I'd be happy with, especially as Tait must surely be pencilled in at fullback.

Do we have a scrum-half other than Gomersall who is fit & worthy?

Seymour is **** and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an England shirt.[/b]

Oh man, biggest case of sour grapes ever! Seymour isn't **** and puts in decent performances week in week out for Saracens. If GOD* likes him, then I like him and so should Ashton too.

Both Easter and Ward-Smith are out with knee trouble. Problem with Lund is, as I've said before, he had a torrid time last year at Croke Park and elsewhere, total deer in the headlights. I hope Saint-Andre has worked with him to iron that out. With all due respect, Sale's home ground is hardly Old Trafford is it?

I don't have a problem with Cueto at wing, he does well at wing and unless anyone has any suggestions that doesn't involve chucking in an uncapped player in at the deep end then it should be Cueto.

The center pairing fiasco is the result of the fact that we've wasted the last few years in terms of introducing new players. We've got to take a good long hard look at how we bed in players. We need to have more tests against Italy, Argentina and the Pacific island teams. Teams which are pretty damn good and can provide the challenge that we want to bed in players at a level they can manage. Instead, we're endlessly battling the Southern Hemisphere, all of which will demand our first XV, hardly the ideal environment for introducing guys like Geraghty, (Chris) Ashton, Hartley, Lamb, etc.

Make the best of a poor situation, we're going to be facing Italy so why not use it to try and give the new guys game time. Pick up Geraghty or Allen from the Saxons and put them in with Flood against Italy and see what happens.

*(GOD = HRH Richard Hill)

I would advocate Jamie Noon in there somewhere. He is now the most experienced back England have to call on. He is solid and dependable, works well with Wilko and could help the backline falling apart as it did on saturday. I don't think he is a great player, but he is strong, reliable and great in defence. even if only on the bench he may be there to call on when England start to look clueless. Especially while Tait gets the option to try out the 15 jersey. While Tait, Smith or Hipkiss are all better centres imo, we need to replace what was lacking on saturday: experience and keeping a coll head under pressure.

<div class='quotemain'> Seymour is **** and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near an England shirt.[/b]
Oh man, biggest case of sour grapes ever! Seymour isn't **** and puts in decent performances week in week out for Saracens. If GOD* likes him, then I like him and so should Ashton too.
[/b][/quote]

He got destroyed by Worcester's back-row last season. Worcester's!

If he can't stand up to their flankers, what chance does he have against international class players?

I would advocate Jamie Noon in there somewhere. He is now the most experienced back England have to call on. He is solid and dependable, works well with Wilko and could help the backline falling apart as it did on saturday. I don't think he is a great player, but he is strong, reliable and great in defence. even if only on the bench he may be there to call on when England start to look clueless. Especially while Tait gets the option to try out the 15 jersey. While Tait, Smith or Hipkiss are all better centres imo, we need to replace what was lacking on saturday: experience and keeping a coll head under pressure.
[/b]

I agree. I would have picked Noon if I was picking the team if only for the club understanding with Flood (who I thought had a good game) and Wilkinson.

He got destroyed by Worcester's back-row last season. Worcester's!

If he can't stand up to their flankers, what chance does he have against international class players?
[/b]

Just because he had one off day does not mean he is the worst flanker ever. Guess what? GOD has had an off day once or twice in his international career up until 2003! Quick! Build a time capsule and go back in time, warn Sir Clive before its too late! :lol:

<div class='quotemain'> Do we have a scrum-half other than Gomersall who is fit & worthy? [/b]

Wigglesworth, <strike>Foden</strike>, Hodgson, Care, Dickson(wtf?!)
[/b][/quote]

Fixed, more on account of recent call ups and put at the back of the queue on order of ability and actual form.

Latest posts