• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Injuries!?! ...Rugby 08

A

AB10

I have injuries turned all the way down on Rugby 08. However, I've played games where I get an injured player once every 3-5 minutes or so, resulting in at least 3 injuries a game. Anyone have this problem and know of a fix?

I imagine that players have a flag which controls how likely they are to be injured. Find that and disable it.

the players are created ? because when we open created players with editor some attribute = 0

the players are created ? because when we open created players with editor some attribute = 0 [/b]

No, they are not created players. This happened in "Play Now" mode and I haven't played any tournaments or world league, so I don't know if its a global problem. I went throught the roster editor and didn't see anything regarding injuries I did max out Fitness and Stamina to 99 for all players and I still got the injuries. Maybe time to reinstall the game?

No, they are not created players. This happened in "Play Now" mode and I haven't played any tournaments or world league, so I don't know if its a global problem. I went throught the roster editor and didn't see anything regarding injuries I did max out Fitness and Stamina to 99 for all players and I still got the injuries. Maybe time to reinstall the game?[/b]

There are hidden flags usually inside the visible binary values for attributes such as leadership, injury free, temprement. If someone wants to e-mail me the exe I can take a look and work it out.

I normally play on play now and high tackles never get cards, but in Guinness Premiership yesterday, it happened!

I don't usually get injuries unless it is a tournament, in which case samoa loses 4 players in one game they lose by a drop goal. doh!

I normally play on play now and high tackles never get cards, but in Guinness Premiership yesterday, it happened!

I don't usually get injuries unless it is a tournament, in which case samoa loses 4 players in one game they lose by a drop goal. doh! [/b]

faatua - You didn't happen to be playing France when you suffered the injuries, did you?

I should have mentioned that I was playing France when this happened. I was NZ and SA and in both games, my guys were dropping like flies! I checked further into this forum and found this:

http://www.therugbyforum.com/index.php?sho...amp;hl=injuries

Hmmmm... I usually play Play Now with NZ against SA and Aus and the injuries never occur in those games. Last night I just happened to play France and the rest is history.

I played RWC with Samoa. I was beating SA until the last minute, when they scored a drop goal to win by a point. It was a very realistic game, apart from the fact i lost 4 players in the game to injury.

This NEVER happens in play now. I only usually play, play now because i am in a hurry.

It could be in the roster the aggression stat is set too high. Try different teams and see if it happens in a pattern.

When i play against France with Nyanga (sp?, star player) in the the team, he seems to make all the injuries is what i noticed. When that guy tackles my guy, my guy just about always loses the ball, then ends up injured! Avoid running into him or tackling him!!!

I don't get injuries when that guy is not in the french lineup

There must be a small roster glitch then with Nyanga. What roster are you using? Ozros?

If you are talking to me then, its a ps2 version so it aint one of the the modded rosters. Glitch in the game?

Oh right i see. From what i can tell the ps2 version of rugby 08 is utter ****.

I played with NZ v. France again last night and lost Carter and McCaw within the first 20 minutes. I quit that game and ran Ireland v. England and had zero injuries. So, as far as I can tell, this is a France problem.

When i play against France with Nyanga (sp?, star player) in the the team, he seems to make all the injuries is what i noticed. When that guy tackles my guy, my guy just about always loses the ball, then ends up injured! Avoid running into him or tackling him!!!

I don't get injuries when that guy is not in the french lineup [/b]

This is interesting, candybum. I will have to remove Nyanga from the French line-up and see what happens. If it fixes the injury bug, then I must say that is one hell of a find on your part.

I don't get injuries when that guy is not in the french lineup [/b]

Well done....you may have found the answer to the French problem!

Also try checking/unchecking the 3 unknown special ability fields in Woosah's editor.

i always get ijuries to my super stacked southern hemis tearm when i play my mates super stacked northern hemis team. he never gets injured. we have started subing all the players we want in the side right at kickoff so there is no reserves left. this seems to work.

yeah, I've tried teh super NH vs Super SH as well, and I picked Nyanga at 6, and the SH lost Carter, Giteau and Jerry Collins in the first half. Later on, played Scotland v France with Sunday's 6 Nations line ups (Nyanga hasn't been picked) no injuries at all.

Latest posts