• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Injury...Sub....Crashed?

D

Dream

I don't know if this is just my copy but 9 times out of 10 if i make a sub after an injury the game just crashes. really gets my goat!! :%#%#:

Does the sub happen when you score a try? if so then most people have that 'bug.' Its very annoying. Turn injuries off

It happens with normal subs as well on occasions. I've already taken injuries off. EA Sports gets on my goat, rides it around and leaves it for dead on the roadside!!!

I think it's just a bug with the injury system. It isn't player or team specific, just the game crashing I think. Doesn't happen to me 9 times out of 10, maybe more like 1 out of 5 for me if that. Can't do much about it other than turn off injuries altogether. Failing that, save after every game so you don't lose too much progress on the reset.

I have the same problem,but I've noticed that it happens expecially when I make the sobstitution quickly...
If I Select injured player,wait 4-5 second,then scroll to the sobstitute,wait other 4-5 second and select the sobstitute the game don't crash...

Probably is only a coincidence...

It's a random thing for sure been resigned to turning the injuries off but it still has happened with injuries off. It sucks having to take the realism out of the game but my mate and me have been burned too often by that damn injury bug, great comebacks have been squashed

I had an issue the other day where i had just subbed on all my players, then one of my players gets hurt very soon after. I tried to take him off and replace him with a player who i took off, but the game acted very strange for a few seconds, it froze and then crashed to desktop.

I had an issue the other day where i had just subbed on all my players, then one of my players gets hurt very soon after. I tried to take him off and replace him with a player who i took off
[/b]

Once it happened the same thing to me, but the game didn't crash.
The game doesn't allow to replace an injured player with another player already took off....so i wasn't able to replace him and to play in 14 men too, beacuse without a substitution i couldn't leave the team management menu and come back to game play. Then i close the game with the task manager.

I have tried something and it works 100% for me,just sub a player when you start the game but be sure not to score a try before the player comes on.So lets say you start the game with the kick off,just kick the ball directly out or when the opposition kicks off,just kick the ball into touch.
After the sub comes on you can then make subs whenever you like...Works 100% for me so I hope it can help you guys!

Cheers
Ross

this is my work around which seems to work pretty well.

start the game, then alt + tab out of the game and run task manager.

go to processes and find rugby08.exe

right click on it and a menu will show up

go to set priority and change the priority to high

since doing this I haven't had the game lock up when there is an injury

On the PS2 u can unplug the controller, use other controller to select your team and game resumes, annoying I kno but when u playing multiplayer and money is on the line, u dont want restarts, not sure if this method works with PC

There's an injury bug.

With mine, whenever I score a try with a player down injured, the game always freezes after making the substitution. So basically if I see someone injured then I kick it out. If I don't then I'm ******.

Also, occasionally someone comes off injured and his replacements keep getting injured. Just happened with me yesterday, Vickerman comes off for Aus and so did his replacement Harrison.

Another thing is an EAism not a bug - the irritating thing that if a player's out of position he can't catch a cold.

Also, created players are more injury prone than real ones.

if your on pc, do what i said and set the priority of rugby08.exe to high.

since i've been doing this, the game has never frozen or crashed

i was getting so frustrated, i'd be 20 point up at half time and BAM! injury ..crash ..game over

now, no more frustration

if your on pc, do what i said and set the priority of rugby08.exe to high.

since i've been doing this, the game has never frozen or crashed

i was getting so frustrated, i'd be 20 point up at half time and BAM! injury ..crash ..game over

now, no more frustration
[/b]

my game freezes when I minimise...

i have the same problem although it does not happen to me that often my ratio would about 3/10 injured subs freezing its annoying but not annoying enough to make me stop playing

this is my work around which seems to work pretty well.

start the game, then alt + tab out of the game and run task manager.

go to processes and find rugby08.exe

right click on it and a menu will show up

go to set priority and change the priority to high

since doing this I haven't had the game lock up when there is an injury
[/b]

Hmmm, I've been trying this out the past few days. It has been working... but just now while I had it at High Priority is just crashed.

It happened and came up just after I scored the try.
So that's probably it, when you score a try and there's a injury it must crash.

Damn its annoying :wall:

last night i set the priority to high and it crashed... so there goes my theory.

although, i did have a few other applications open which was different.

i think the problem is a memory leak in rugby08.exe

i've monitored the memory usage and there's a steady increase, the more games you play in a row the greater the memory usage.

Latest posts