• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Injury

broony8023

Academy Player
Country Flag
UK
Club or Nation
Edinburgh
I have recently had a bad knee injury and im am having an operation at the beging of next month. Has anyone got any advice on how i can try and keep up with my training while i am off my feet. Perhaps somone has got some good advice on lifting weights Etc any advice would be much appreciated.

Best advice to give you is to speak to your doctors/physios about what you could/shouldn't do - Better than taking advice off of the internet and possibly aggravating it!

I know a lot of players, when coming back from knee injuries, get very well acquainted with the grinder:
physiocyclext.jpg

Weights wise, I'd imagine anything where you're off your feet/not using your legs at all would be ok, so basically just upper body work - maybe single leg extensions/leg press if you wanted to, but it'd probably be best leaving it so you can build both legs back into squats/deadlifts when your knee is fine

Having said all that, I go back to my first point though, and really recommend talking it through with your doctor and/or a physio

Latest posts