Interesting Figures

W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Here are comparative lists of the 125 biggest RL clubs vs 126 biggest RU clubs in terms of crowd averages for 2003.




Interesting wouldn't you agree?
 
S

St Helens RLFC

Guest
Great reading!

Can I have a source though please? It's kind of my job...
 
R

Ripper

Guest
funnily enough for some reason or another theres no NPC teams.
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 9 2004, 10:45 PM
funnily enough for some reason or another theres no NPC teams.
I can't tell you why.
 
W

Wally

Guest
Where are the Australian Super 12 teams? They'd wipe the floor clean compared with NRL crowd attendances. It says the Broncos have the highest average attendance, but the Waratahs (RU) would have beaten that easily. Also the South African Super 12 crowd attendances listed there don't look too accurate at all. There arn't any New Zealand Super 12 crowd figures either, doesn't seem too reliable. No Japanese rugby crowd figures either..
 
W

Wally

Guest
I didn't know it hadn't included Super 12 crowds. Still, if S12, NPC, Japanese Club and HC attendances were recorded league would have been embarrassed.
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Originally posted by Wally@Jul 10 2004, 12:39 AM
Where are the Australian Super 12 teams? They'd wipe the floor clean compared with NRL crowd attendances. It says the Broncos have the highest average attendance, but the Waratahs (RU) would have beaten that easily. Also the South African Super 12 crowd attendances listed there don't look too accurate at all. There arn't any New Zealand Super 12 crowd figures either, doesn't seem too reliable. No Japanese rugby crowd figures either..
 
A

All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan

Guest
Hurricanes average this year was like 26,000 let alone other franchises like the Blues Crusaders etc its quite funny how no New Zealand team is in the top 125 clubs far we must suck at rugby
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Originally posted by Wally@Jul 10 2004, 12:43 AM
I didn't know it hadn't included Super 12 crowds. Still, if S12, NPC, Japanese Club and HC attendances were recorded league would have been embarrassed.
Heiniken Cup? I'd doubt it.
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
The main reason for me posing this was for all the "only 2 Australian states and 3 English counties people".
 
W

Wally

Guest
Well it hasn't proved much more has it? The top rugby league crowd attendances were in fact from '2 Australian States and 3 English Counties'
 
A

All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan

Guest
Well the Warriors didnt do to bad 5th place
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Originally posted by Wally@Jul 10 2004, 12:56 AM
Well it hasn't proved much more has it? The top rugby league crowd attendances were in fact from '2 Australian States and 3 English Counties'
Incorrect again. 2 English counties actually. ACT? (but I suppose you'd count that as NSW) Victoria? New Zealand?
 
W

Wally

Guest
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 10 2004, 11:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 10 2004, 11:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jul 10 2004, 12:56 AM
Well it hasn't proved much more has it? The top rugby league crowd attendances were in fact from '2 Australian States and 3 English Counties'
Incorrect again. 2 English counties actually. ACT? (but I suppose you'd count that as NSW) Victoria? New Zealand? [/b]
Anything under 10 000 is barely worth noticing. We'll just say that Canberra is in the state of NSW.. Melbourne isn't up there. The Warriors only had decent crowds because they were winning, would you like to see where they sit now? Apart from that it's all NRL and some major Super League clubs. Not very impressive at all.
 
W

wigan_rlfc

Guest
Originally posted by Wally+Jul 10 2004, 01:04 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Jul 10 2004, 01:04 AM)</div>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 11:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jul 10 2004, 12:56 AM
Well it hasn't proved much more has it? The top rugby league crowd attendances were in fact from '2 Australian States and 3 English Counties'

Incorrect again. 2 English counties actually. ACT? (but I suppose you'd count that as NSW) Victoria? New Zealand?
Anything under 10 000 is barely worth noticing. We'll just say the Canberra is in the state of NSW.. Melbourne isn't up there. The Warriors only had decent crowds because they were winning, would you like to see where they sit now? Apart from that it's all NRL and some major Super League clubs. Not very impressive at all. [/b]
Why not take a look at the lower end of the table, many more RL teams with 1000+ than Union.
 
W

Wally

Guest
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 10 2004, 12:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 10 2004, 12:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 10 2004, 11:59 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jul 10 2004, 12:56 AM
Well it hasn't proved much more has it? The top rugby league crowd attendances were in fact from '2 Australian States and 3 English Counties'

Incorrect again. 2 English counties actually. ACT? (but I suppose you'd count that as NSW) Victoria? New Zealand?

Anything under 10 000 is barely worth noticing. We'll just say the Canberra is in the state of NSW.. Melbourne isn't up there. The Warriors only had decent crowds because they were winning, would you like to see where they sit now? Apart from that it's all NRL and some major Super League clubs. Not very impressive at all.
Why not take a look at the lower end of the table, many more RL teams with 1000+ than Union. [/b]
*Tumbleweed rolls past*
 
R

Ripper

Guest
Most Bartercards team struggle to 300 People, dont know how the f*** they got 1000
 
R

Ripper

Guest
Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Jul 10 2004, 11:59 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Jul 10 2004, 11:59 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jul 10 2004, 12:56 AM
Well it hasn't proved much more has it? The top rugby league crowd attendances were in fact from '2 Australian States and 3 English Counties'
Incorrect again. 2 English counties actually. ACT? (but I suppose you'd count that as NSW) Victoria? New Zealand? [/b]
Rugby League in NZ gets beaten by the netball, basketball, heck, even the soccer crowds get more then the Bartercard cup teams.

Victoria? Union Games have sold out the MCG on numerous occaisions.

The Melbourne storm struggle to get 6000 people at Olympic Park,

The ACT Brumbies Crowd Attendances have slaughtered the Raiders as of Late
 
Top