• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting Finding

sackomania

Academy Player
Is it just me or does it seem that Rugby Challenges most recent screens are not as sharp as initially shown and that rugby world cup all of sudden is looking sharper than before.

It is very easy for gaming companies to release amazing pre release screens however actual versions with gameplay and inherent animations are harder to copy.

Just my opinion that Rugby world cup is gonna be unreal!

I'm sure your one of the un-lucky ones who didn't see the rugby challenge Gameplay video before it was removed...

I wasn't as impressed with the super rugby final shots as the earlier ones, mainly the ones that weren't close ups of particular players.
That said, the game looks very good in motion and those shots don't really do it justice imo, based on what was in the leaked video.
Dying for some RWC gameplay now. At least I can tell myself that I'll have at least one rugby game next month!

Is it just me or does it seem that Rugby Challenges most recent screens are not as sharp as initially shown and that rugby world cup all of sudden is looking sharper than before.

It is very easy for gaming companies to release amazing pre release screens however actual versions with gameplay and inherent animations are harder to copy.

Just my opinion that Rugby world cup is gonna be unreal!

We have predominently released Rugby Challenge screenshots of daytime and early evening lighting. Night time lighting tends to flatten out the players and detail a bit, which is what the latest screens were.

The game hasn't lost any quality, and has in no way taken a step backwards from the screens presented.

All screens are taken on PS3 BTW.

Ah, I wasn't even aware that those images existed :lol:

I agree that they don't look as good as previous ones, however this is how I'd expect it to look like on my tv, I'd never expect the first images to be what it'd look like (I know that they say it's all in game rendering etc. but I wouldn't expect the graphics to look like that)

Makes sense. The shots from both games with sunshine and relative shadow do look the best.

say the gameplay vid for rc looked great and featured toulouse and montpellier.

Having seen Rugby Challenge in motion, those screen shots don't reflect the graphical quality of the game.

We have predominently released Rugby Challenge screenshots of daytime and early evening lighting. Night time lighting tends to flatten out the players and detail a bit, which is what the latest screens were.The game hasn't lost any quality, and has in no way taken a step backwards from the screens presented.All screens are taken on PS3 BTW.
Aggree completely. Looks pooie but we have an explanation

If you were one of the few to have seen the leaked video it wasn't the final product and the reason it was taken down because of licensing issues etc. and it's a false representation of the product. Therefore, I'm sure it can only get better from there which I was impressed with originally.

The video that was leaked wasn't the finished product so i wouldn't read too much into it... In saying that the video looked pretty good and the gameplay was very smooth. I only managed to see the 360p version but others have seen it in 720p and said it was a massive improvement!

The video that was leaked wasn't the finished product so i wouldn't read too much into it... In saying that the video looked pretty good and the gameplay was very smooth. I only managed to see the 360p version but others have seen it in 720p and said it was a massive improvement!

It was pretty close to the finished product, but saying that there are a number of little things that will be a little different in the shipped version.

I hate myself for watching the State of Origin last night!!!......I really do now...!!!!!!!!!!!!Bloody Darren Lockyer, I blame you!!!

I hate myself for watching the State of Origin last night!!!......I really do now...!!!!!!!!!!!!Bloody Darren Lockyer, I blame you!!!

But what a great way to send the guy out!
Queenslander!!!

:)

<meta charset="utf-8">Having seen Rugby Challenge in motion, those screen shots don't reflect the graphical quality of the game.

was the leaked video taken off the web.. i cant seem to find it:(

Latest posts