• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting new screens

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Feb 19 2005, 07:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Feb 19 2005, 07:55 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 19 2005, 07:43 AM
That line took me by surprise and I snorted. 
Wrong sort of line!
<
[/b]
I am in Los Angeles . . .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
So the sight of a digitised john Smit didnt give anyone else a little mahogany?[/b]

What do you mean 'a little' . . . HEY OH!

Screens are looking impressive but I don't know if I like PC shots. Console looks more smooth.

Allright.... A huge manga-style throbber then. You know, ferocious purple monster, with pulsating blue veins...

Consoles are always the best still shots to go on, they always look the best compared to PC's

A monster PC will always look better than a console.

I installed Colin McRae 2.0 on my 3.4 PC the other day, and it looked every bit as good as Colin McRae 3 on my Xbox.

Originally posted by captainamerica+Feb 19 2005, 08:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Feb 19 2005, 08:05 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 19 2005, 07:55 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-captainamerica
@Feb 19 2005, 07:43 AM
That line took me by surprise and I snorted. 

Wrong sort of line!
<
I am in Los Angeles . . .

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
So the sight of a digitised john Smit didnt give anyone else a little mahogany?[/b]

What do you mean 'a little' . . . HEY OH!

Screens are looking impressive but I don't know if I like PC shots. Console looks more smooth. [/b]
I think you'll find it's a low resolution. I would have thought the PC would always look better.

Looking at that first screen, the guys on the radar looks waaaaaay out of place.
You see, in the radar, the tackled players look like they are inside the chiefs 22 an about 5 metres from the touchline, but they are nowhere near that. Also, most of the bunched up Waratahs are inside the 10m marj, but on the radar not one Tahs player are within the 10m mark.

And what the hell is that Chiefs player doing a million miles behind his own goal line?!?!?

Probably been fixed by now though.

Great spot, kaftka.

Holy cow! I certainly hope that's fixed but lets be honest, you can never know until it's in your paws.

I remember when they were putting out screens for EA's Rugby 2000/01 for the PC and they had a lineout with but they were lining up at the touchline and the hooker was somewhere -- it was a mess.

Originally posted by pip@Feb 18 2005, 08:41 PM
Oh sweet lord I just recognised John Smit. Ive got wood, im telling ya.
Looks more like Jaco van der Westhuyzen to me
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 19 2005, 08:19 AM
A monster PC will always look better than a console.

I installed Colin McRae 2.0 on my 3.4 PC the other day, and it looked every bit as good as Colin McRae 3 on my Xbox.
Yes a high end computer can match or beat the xbox graphics!

& a low end computer can match or beat the ps2 graphics!! (thats one for the xbox fans out there, u know who u are!)
<

Latest posts