• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

International rugby vs. Club rugby

Which are more important to you?

• Nov/June test matches

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've yet to see a player have tears in his eyes when he makes his club debut. I've seen it many times in internationals.
It just means so much more in every way.
The only thing that is keeping SA's best players in the country, is the chance to prolong their already borrowed time in the Bok jersey.
So for me it's a no brainer really.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 18 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've yet to see a player have tears in his eyes when he makes his club debut. I've seen it many times in internationals.
The only thing that is keeping SA's best players in the country, is the chance to prolong their already borrowed time in the Bok jersey.
So for me it's a no brainer really.[/b]

I can undestand your view but keep in mind that not this is not the same every where.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Dec 19 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 18 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can undestand your view but keep in mind that not this is not the same every where.
[/b][/quote]

Especially with the atrocious jersey of the SF...A lot of players cried on debut... :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Charles @ Dec 19 2008, 01:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DonBilly @ Dec 19 2008, 12:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Steve-o @ Dec 18 2008, 10:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

Especially with the atrocious jersey of the SF...A lot of players cried on debut... :D
[/b][/quote]

If shitty jersey was the issue it would be quite minor then.

From an italian point of view is an easy choice, since we have no competitive clubs in HCup and our TOP10 isn't so exciting.

Anyway I'm glad to see that international rugby is still ahead, even for you guys. I think that there's something more genuine playing for your country than playing for club's money, and the public can feel that. :lol:

i love this kinda debate. From one point you can see why international rugby can be more important what with a higher standard representing your country and so on. There's an attitude in this country i think however, certainly in munster and within the gaa that club or province comes first. Its the fact that you know you're representing your own town, with the town or parish and all the people you know actually giving a damn about how you do. i remember 3 years ago my club got into the wicklow senior final and the whole main street was covered in flags and a huge banner was put up on the town hall and bray isnt even a very sporting area. I think it just comes down what your goals are

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Dec 30 2008, 03:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i love this kinda debate. From one point you can see why international rugby can be more important what with a higher standard representing your country and so on. There's an attitude in this country i think however, certainly in munster and within the gaa that club or province comes first. Its the fact that you know you're representing your own town, with the town or parish and all the people you know actually giving a damn about how you do. i remember 3 years ago my club got into the wicklow senior final and the whole main street was covered in flags and a huge banner was put up on the town hall and bray isnt even a very sporting area. I think it just comes down what your goals are[/b]

The approach in this poll is binary, either country or club/province, but I think it depends a lot on the context. On one hand I consider the play-offs of the H-cup or Top14 more important than the Tours but less than the RWC and of the same importance as the 6N. So what am I suppose to vote?

Latest posts