• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Intilligence of footballers?

Seaton

First XV
Club or Nation
Sharks
Now, I myself like football, but here are some answers from an Aberdeen footballer, Darren Mackie. He was at a school doing something for promoting books or whatever.
There is an accompanying pic, but unfortunately adding pictures to posts on forums is not one of my abilities.

I don’t read books but I read a lot of magazines about cars, health and general interest. I feel excited about the new, up and coming things in the world.

If I did read books it would be autobiographies because I enjoy finding out about things that have happened in other peoples lives.

My favourite book is Lord of the Rings although I haven’t read the book I have watched the films.The book must be good because the films are so good.

J.R.R. Tolkien because he wrote the best story ever told,Lord of the Rings.

The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson was my favourite book as a child. It brings back good memories.

I think I am a Reading Champion because I enjoy the fact you learn things from reading.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Reading that actually gave me a stitch

Now, I myself like football, but here are some answers from an Aberdeen footballer, Darren Mackie. He was at a school doing something for promoting books or whatever.
There is an accompanying pic, but unfortunately adding pictures to posts on forums is not one of my abilities.

I don't read books but I read a lot of magazines about cars, health and general interest. I feel excited about the new, up and coming things in the world.

If I did read books it would be autobiographies because I enjoy finding out about things that have happened in other peoples lives.

My favourite book is Lord of the Rings although I haven't read the book I have watched the films.The book must be good because the films are so good.

J.R.R. Tolkien because he wrote the best story ever told,Lord of the Rings.

The Owl who was Afraid of the Dark by Jill Tomlinson was my favourite book as a child. It brings back good memories.

I think I am a Reading Champion because I enjoy the fact you learn things from reading.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Reading that actually gave me a stitch

Interestingly soccer players are generally more articulate in Australia. Though over here the players who speak English tend to be middle class... Rugby League and Australian Football are the working class games and where tend to find the dumbest quotes (though not as many in the AFL these days as they get public speaking training now).
But it is strange how sporting perceptions are different in different places. I know Dan generally doesn't like Rugby because of the class thing, while I don't like soccer because it's populated by middleclass wannabe Euro trash that think supporting Man U or Real Madrid some how makes them cultured... that and it's boring as batshit compared to the other football codes we play here :p .

Last edited:

Latest posts