• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

iPod Touch 4th generation?

jawmalawm24

Academy Player
Anyone own any sort of iPod Touch? I'd like to know what are your favourite applications and all the pros and cons of the iPod Touch because I've just ordered a iPod Touch 4th Generation and I've never owned any iPod Touch and don't really know much about them.

Nice one, Haysie. ;)

My iPod Touch is usually so full of music that I find myself deleting apps, but it's not at the moment. My favourite apps are the ESPN Scorecenter, the Eurosport app, Facebook (of course), Sporcle, FStream (for streaming radio, especially good for me at home because my radio service sucks), and the Big Buck Hunter game. Another must have for me, but definitely not a favourite because it just reminds me how destitute I am, is my bank's app. Being a uni student, I have wireless for at least 3 hours a day there, so I get more use out of the online-required apps than many people.

I really should go snooping around for more apps, though. There was a thread for a rugby game for the iPod Touch in the Gaming forum, if I remember correctly.

An app you definitely have to buy is the game Flick Fishing... wasted away many hours on that badboy :)

How much room do these apps take up? because I've got 24gb of music on my lappy so that leaves me with 8gb spare which I'll probably use up with movies, music videos etc.

I have 28GB of music on mine, and what I mentioned is not even half my apps, nor does it include my biggest one (Football Manager Handheld). Remember, though, that whilst it has a 32GB capacity, with the OS and built-in apps, you only have approximately 29.5GB to use for your own stuff. I would say the apps I mentioned would only take up about 150MB.

Thanks for all the info skittles :) Last iPod I had was a Classic 30gb video and I was very happy with that. Held all my music and about 50 music videos and a couple movies so I can't wait for my iPod Touch 4th Gen to arrive. I was gonna get a 3rd Gen iPod Touch but I didn't realise they never came with camera's and that was a big feature for me was to have a camera so I can go around videoing and taking pictures and stuff and upload it through wi-fi :)

An ipod touch isn't a phone right? If you don't really care about the apps you should get one of the Creative zen touch screen thingys. They're about half the price and do the same job. Also, I accidentaly left mine out in the rain one night and it worked again after about 2 days, which was awesome. Screen was still full of water though, which was less awesome.

I could have got a iPod Touch 8gb 3rd Gen from Harvey Norman for $320nz but it didn't have enough space for all my music not that I'll ever listen to 7000 songs but gettin a new iPod Touch 32gb 4th Gen for $489nz made more sense because I'll be able to fit all my music on it and and do alot more than what I would with the 3rd Gen.

The applications are a huge part of why I ordered it too because I've seen heaps of very useful ones I'll be able to use like weatherNZ, facebook, youtube, twitter, google earth etc. Things like that because I like to know what the weathers doing because I surf alot so it could help me find that secret wave where the weathers right :)

Last edited:
I was hoping that I could upload videos and pictures from my iPod Touch 4 where ever I am but it seems it only has Wi-Fi capabilities. I'm not too familiar with Wi-Fi but I assume I have to be in Wi-Fi range and even than most Wi-Fi have passwords. Iphone 4 have 3g or something like that and can go online anywhere.

Can someone please confirm this? because I've never used Wi-Fi and I don't live in a major city so I'm not really sure if I could get 3g anyway or can 3g work anywhere even if you live in a small town like I do?

Wifi is personal internet, so you can only connect to internet broadcast from a house/business that you have the password for or is unpassworded or free (i know mcdonalds have free wifi in most places)
3G is mobile internet, so can be used pretty much anywhere you have a phone signal.

iPods don't have the 3G as it's linked into phone systems (which is why, with the iPad you have to get a contract or pay as you go plan/simcard for it) - iPods only have wifi

Cheers Olyy thanks for explaining that to me I didn't have a real understanding of how Wi-Fi or 3g actually work but now I do :) greatly appreciated

interesting how the iPod touch 7th generation will look like :)
The way technology is going we could have touchable holograms by then :) sounds a little bit out there but nothings impossible these days. If someone told me 10 years ago the world would be dominated by devices that could store more than 20,000+ songs on them, make calls, take photos, txt, email etc. I would have thought they were crazy but now it just keeps getting better.

Latest posts