Iran should be invited to become an affliate member of the IRB

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by aofm, Nov 26, 2007.

1. aofm

aofm Guest

http://www.petitiononline.com/mojabi/petition.html

This is a petition to allow Iran to become an affliate member of the IRB, sport should never become political and as long as Iran aren't a member of the IRB this is yet another non-political sanction which Iran is faced with, If you follow the link it will tell you more on this matter.

Iran has only played 4 IRB sanctioned matches and they have won all three easily, in order for Iran to grow as a rugby nation it requires IRB's assistance, therefore hopefully this petition will allow dialogue to begin between the IRB and Iran.

Thanks

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. DonBilly

DonBilly Guest

What is the issue? I am not sure to understand. Why can't they apply by themselves to the IRB?

As far as I know there's no boycott of Iran involvement in international sport like Serbia or South Africa in the 80's and 90's.

4. I see no reason why Iran cant be a affiliate member of IRB i shall sign this petition.

5. Cleaned up a load of shite from this thread. Cut the negative rubbish and keep it on topic please people.

6. melon

melon Guest

I read the article, but it never mentions why the IRB hasn't accepted them yet. Have they approached the IRB and asked for affiliation and been knocked back?

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!