• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB 7s Circuit- Twickenham Leg

Man.. the crowd was huge when England played their games against USA and France... Then that last match against the Argies.. ****.. the crowd seemed to vanish..

Man.. Over 50K in the first.. Biggest crowd for the IRB 7s ever i think.. They were hoping to get 100K over the 2 days... Well.. after the failure to progress to the Cup finals by ENG.. we can only hope :(

I think a lot of the crowd will have dispersed to watch the Heineken Cup final as well (or just to try and get home for some dinner as the match was at 7.30ish I believe?)

Man.. the crowd was huge when England played their games against USA and France... Then that last match against the Argies.. ****.. the crowd seemed to vanish..

Man.. Over 50K in the first.. Biggest crowd for the IRB 7s ever i think.. They were hoping to get 100K over the 2 days... Well.. after the failure to progress to the Cup finals by ENG.. we can only hope :(

It certainly won't help that England are now playing in the Shield Semi's. Its a real pity, the only thing that made the Bowl of any significant importance to me after yesterday was that we could face England.

Oh yeah, and Englands failings mean that NZ have beeen crowned the World Series Champions, as they just beat Argentina to get to the Cup semis...

I see you a Glasgow Warrior now...fickle Support, Hey? Sharks were seriously KAK, but they still our team, no matter how bad they play. At Least we will win the Currie Cup Again; don't think we will be losing many players to the Boks this year...well the way we currently playing.

I think the Cheetahs may have a serious problem. a young talented squad.

England scrape past Canada by the skin of their teeth
I think picking Armitage was the wrong move, he plays it like a XVs game and directly contributed to at least one of Canadas tries in that match

so happy to see fiji thrash new zealand, but really disappointed the way we lost to south africa in the final, the tactics of south africa were really clever doing what they also did in las vegas, using players like frankie horne to just set up maul after maul and ruck after ruck, not what i enjoy watching in a game of sevens but oh well, imo fiji were still the best sevens team there, but south africa's tactics won it

Similar to 15 a side rugby how the SA Sevens played the 2nd half. Played the basics very well and then consolidated and managed the game with the tight play. Paul Treu did his homework, well done. If they played expansive against Fiji it would not have been a contest...Fiji's big fast guys running at Branco Du Preez and Cecil Afrika...not the ideal situation to find yourslef in. Fiji were allowed to do that in the first half and it worked for them; but playing a structured well planned game in the second half was great to see from SA. Great to see some in depth game plans and tactics in Sevens, in stead of the sometimes Crazy helter Skelter approach.

You never know could have been a bit different had Kristian Phillips gone closer in for Wales in that last try to make the drop kick easier. Would have meant going into extra time and anything could have happened then.

Had Wales won that game Fiji would already be given the Cup without playing the final...no need to waste all the energy if you already know the result.

Had Wales won that game Fiji would already be given the Cup without playing the final...no need to waste all the energy if you already know the result.

Wow cockyness at its highest. Would not have counted Wales out against Fiji.

Wales have already beaten Fiji this season also. It was something that might not have been impossible in the final.

Last edited:
Anything can happen in 7s, look at England, gone from winning/making the finals every tournament, to getting the Shield (and at home)

Was just Kidding...was expecting that reaction...Funny stuff; Wales always have a good competitive squad that plays with real heart; they can beat Fiji, i am just not sure they would have done it had they made the final, yesterday. Interesting to see what happens in Scotland; can never call who is going to win these tournaments. My Bet is on Samoa, Fiji, New Zealand or South Africa to Win Cup. Think i am pretty safe with that prediction.

I reckon England will bounce back, but probably go out in the semis
Would love Samoa to win it

Samoa Forwards...Frikkin Awesome. Treviranus and Faosiliva...Big, Strong and Fast. Just need a Fetcher in there in the mold of Kyle Brown or DJ Forbes.

Latest posts