• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Junior World Championship

So not exactly a golden genaration of Scots I take it?

Johnny Kennedy from Sale was on the bench. He's only getting game time/got offered a senior contract because his dad owns the club.
He's pretty poor, tbh

AH no ah couple of guys on tour with them and there extremely average players theres better players at my club and they were overlooked. its all about the private school u went to in Scotland.

Ah it used to be very much the same over here. Deeboxx, what part of Scotland are you from. Can I presume a rugby heartland if you have guys pushing for the national team?

Just to summarize the results from this round:

Wales 31-3 Fiji
New Zealand 77-7 Samoa
England 36-21 Ireland
Argentina 23-31 France
Australia 67-5 Tonga
South Africa 73-0 Scotland

There will therfore be three key games in the final round of pool play to determine the semi-finalists: NZ v Wales, England v France, and South Africa v Australia.

Get the feeling France have rotated less than us, so fingers crossed we'll be fresher and have the edge.

It was good to see Julian Savea get 4 tries for New Zealand, he used to go to my school. Hopefully, he can make the Wellington squad this year as he is a big hope for the future.

England 3 - 6 France at Halftime
England having defend hard for a long time,
Good job we've got such a solid scrum, as france got held up over the line, which resulted in us getting a penalty from a scrum to clear

NZ 31 - 10 Wales at Half Time.

Some good rugby from Wales but same thing as the senior squad. Not clinical and make silly errors that are allowing the opponents to score points.

French front row look like they're hating life, every time they get ready for a scrum

French 13 just got binned for tackling a guy off the ball, hopefully England capatalise on this

New Zealand forwards started fantasticly, Welsh forwards have started to get some sort of parity with them - just had a decent string of phases in teh New Zealand half. Struggling to score though, and now there's a yellow to the prop... Bugger...

New Zealand forwards started fantasticly, Welsh forwards have started to get some sort of parity with them - just had a decent string of phases in teh New Zealand half. Struggling to score though, and now there's a yellow to the prop... Bugger...

Which prop?

GHoptta say, this New Zealand no.10 is class! His goal kicking is superb and he's controlling the game really well.

43- 10 final score. Wales were juist completely outclassed :/ who scored the Welsh try btw? I missed it. From what I saw, Kristian Phillips and Dan Fish's kicking was superb! They'd find great distance in their touch finders every time they kicked it! Pity they weren't as promenant in open play as they usually are. It is pretty hard when your pack is getting out-muscled by their opponents. Ah well, 5th place play offs here we come...

England 17 - 9 France

Could've gone either way tbh, the teams were very evenly matched. England slightly better in the scrum, France in the maul.
The french yellow card is what cost them the game, as England got 8 points in those 10minutes

Also, Joe Marler is a beast.

Latest posts