S

Sir Speedy

Look inside

Shane Williams (WAL)
Ryan Jones (WAL)
Sergio Parisse (ITA)
Mike Blair (SCO)
Dan Carter (NZL)

4 NH nominees and 1 SH player. Personally I think it should go Shane for his amazing form this season, and if not, it should go to Parisse for preventing Italy from looking worse than they are; a truly class player in a mediocre team.

Thoughts?

Oh also, to get it out of the way: NO AUSTRALIANS OR SOUTH AFRICANS! :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

awesome_med.png

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Sep 24 2008, 04:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Oh also, to get it out of the way: NO AUSTRALIANS OR SOUTH AFRICANS! :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:[/b]

So?South Africa had their year last year,winning the RWC,Bryan Habana was named player of the year,breaking how many records in the RWC...

But those 5 nominees deserve it,I feel it will be between Carter and Williams for player of the year

Yeah,would maybe have had McCaw on the list instead of Mike Blair,I didn't see much of Blair...did he really play that well to be nominated???

would've thought giteau and de villiers might get on it. Especially instead of Blair who hasn't had an outstanding year. Ryan Jones/ Parisse ... better year than Spies/ McCaw?? Seems to be a big NH bias in this.

Having said that, Williams should win it.

De Villiers and McCaw deserved to be in it for sure. But i think this is a fair list, Williams will and probably should win it. Its just a sort of normal year for Carter, he'll win many more no doubt. I doubt any SH'ers would have seen Blair because of who he plays for. You cant underestimate how good he is though, very quick,great vision. Whenever Scotland make a break its ALWAYS MB who creates it. A pack going backwards all the time is very difficult to deal with,but he does it better than most. All this and he does it whilst captaining both club and country. Fully deserved.

Hmm... A NH player hasn't won it since 2003, we witnessed the poorest 6N in years, they basically get whitewashed in the Summer internationals, and 4 of them get nominated... Hmm I'd rather keep my honest opinions to myself this time.

It'll probably be between Carter and Williams in the end.

Wups, good thing I re-read what you said before leaving my editing chance go to waste.

We can't help having more talented players, y'know. ;)

Does this mean that the NH really is four times as good as the Southern Hemishphere?

;)

I would vote for Shame Williams

He is amazing and outstanding in this nomenees

(But I don't mean others are weak candidiates)

_44129388_shane_williams_try416.jpg

I am surprised that Mac Caw didn't do it. I think he deserves to be nominated more than Carter. Otherwise if I had to decide who should be awarded I would say Parisse.

Nah Richie's had a bit of a quiet year to be honest. Daniel Carter for the win, ridiculous that 4 NH players are selected.

Yeah, i would have maybe added Jean de Villiers to the list. He has had one of his best seasons. But yeah, i reckon Carter will take it. Williams is the main competitor. I guess the NH guys have to get SOMETHING. If Carter wins, it's going to be one hell of a funny!

Didn't they say that players get nominated by accumulating points if they are the top 3 players of each test. Then its tallied up to get those nominees? i find it that its unfair because some teams will play more than others therefore some players will have more chances to gain points. So the likes of Fijians, tongans and Samoans might not get a chance even though they have fantastic players... imo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Sep 25 2008, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yeah, i would have maybe added Jean de Villiers to the list. He has had one of his best seasons. But yeah, i reckon Carter will take it. Williams is the main competitor. I guess the NH guys have to get SOMETHING. If Carter wins, it's going to be one hell of a funny![/b]

Why would it be funny? If he wins it is simply I presume because he is considered the best player and not because he's good at telling jokes.

I am happy to see that Parisse is among these players, he learnt his Rugby in Argentina where he has grown. You can consider he is a SH guy although he plays his club Rugby for a NH club and Test Rugby for Italy.

Eventually I don't really care wether a guy is from NH or SH for this kind of award.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Haysie @ Sep 25 2008, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nah Richie's had a bit of a quiet year to be honest. Daniel Carter for the win, ridiculous that 4 NH players are selected.[/b]

Agree that McCaw had been a bil silent this year, Dan and Shane I think will compete for the ***le

richi-mccaw-and-dan-carter-do-the-time-warp-image-1.jpg

Richies been quiet but when he came back after his injury, his performance had such a huge impact for the AB's

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (candybum @ Sep 25 2008, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Richies been quiet but when he came back after his injury, his performance had such a huge impact for the AB's[/b]

I am sure in that, I also know he was the real heart and soul of team against Ausses in 13 September battle

He is really great but traumas suffer not only him.......

Latest posts