• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

iRB reveal new ELV ball!

P

Prestwick

You've heard it here first!

I for one have my doubts, but agree that there were substantial problems with the rugby ball, such as its tendency to bounce in random directions which made it hard for teams, especially of the southern hemisphere variety to grab before sprinting for that all important try. This new ball should eliminate that and prove that man can indeed conquer unpredictability and any possibility of a match scoring less than 2000 points.

lol :D

in all seriousness though, i can't wait till the elv's come into the tri nations in a few weeks.

you northerners may scoff at my statements, but i honestly feel rugby is a much more exciting game under the elv's. just wait and see for yourself!!!

would it be fair to say that michael jordan will be signing for toulon soon? :p

Me too I kinda like the new laws. I watched Top 14 yesterday and the breakdowns were ****. Also liking the new law of collapsing the maul.

To my suprise the ELV's made rugby really good and I agree the Tri-nations are gonna be awesome to watch especially with the 2 new rules being put in too.

To my suprise the ELV's made rugby really good and I agree the Tri-nations are gonna be awesome to watch especially with the 2 new rules being put in too. [/b]

this weekend is going to be a good comparison. in australia, foxtel are showing the all blacks vs springboks tri nations match at 5:30pm followed by the wallabies vs france

it's going to be elv's followed directly by traditional rules.

can't wait!

The Top 14 final proved yesterday that teams willing to play positive rugby can produce one hell of a f**king show. Sadly, the fact that yesterdays game was the best in 2008 proves that not many teams are willing to do so. Credit goes to Toulouse and Clermont for playing some stunning rugby in a game where the stakes were enormous for both sides.

The Top 14 final proved yesterday that teams willing to play positive rugby can produce one hell of a f**king show. Sadly, the fact that yesterdays game was the best in 2008 proves that not many teams are willing to do so. Credit goes to Toulouse and Clermont for playing some stunning rugby in a game where the stakes were enormous for both sides. [/b]

Those were exactly my thoughts when I watched the Top14 final, you don't need ELVs to make Rugby attractive. Clermont and Toulouse showed the way.

I was not convinced by the Super14 this year, I mean I didn't find it more attractive than last year and definitively worse than two years ago.

Take any European club game with a pinch of salt guys. There are players from all ouer the world in those teams, who add different qualities to a team.
International rugby is where teams get exposed. Fact is the SANZAR nations showed how rugby should be played during the summer tours, and they made the gulf even wider thanks to the ELVs.
Lesson presented... Yes.
Lesson learnt... Apparently not

Take any European club game with a pinch of salt guys. There are players from all ouer the world in those teams, who add different qualities to a team.
International rugby is where teams get exposed. Fact is the SANZAR nations showed how rugby should be played during the summer tours, and they made the gulf even wider thanks to the ELVs.
Lesson presented... Yes.
Lesson learnt... Apparently not [/b]

I don't understand, the so-called summer tours were played according to the old rules, weren't they? The results achieved by the SANZAR teams are similar to those of last year, previous one, etc. I don't see the link with the ELVs. Maybe you could elaborate a bit your view.

It's quite simple. The SH guys love the ELVs because they have them. If they were NH only and the SH guys continued under the proper laws, most would be extremely vocal about what load of old cods wallop the ELVs are. Call it <strike>penis</strike> Law envy. Plus, most are so proud to state they never watch any NH rugby as it's such an inferior brand, they have no way of comparing the two styles side-by-side.

Their loss.

Also liking the new law of collapsing the maul. [/b]

May your cock fall off and may you rot in hell, sir.

I don't understand, the so-called summer tours were played according to the old rules, weren't they? The results achieved by the SANZAR teams are similar to those of last year, previous one, etc. I don't see the link with the ELVs. Maybe you could elaborate a bit your view.[/b]
ELV's endorse fitness, so we are, on the whole, much better conditioned then the NH teams...

Jamie Pandaram is an idiot.Or has an awesome sense of humour.

One of the two.

Edit: Actually, on a second read through, that's a proper "nothing to write about" article.

Edit: Actually, on a second read through, that's a proper "nothing to write about" article.[/b]
The SMH write a dozen every day, they are quite adept at it in fact.

<div class='quotemain'>
I don't understand, the so-called summer tours were played according to the old rules, weren't they? The results achieved by the SANZAR teams are similar to those of last year, previous one, etc. I don't see the link with the ELVs. Maybe you could elaborate a bit your view.[/b]
ELV's endorse fitness, so we are, on the whole, much better conditioned then the NH teams... [/b][/quote]

That's right that the season is better organized in the SH and allows more intensity on a shorter period. I am not sure the same fitness could be maintained if these the SH team played 11 months a year.

That's right that the season is better organized in the SH and allows more intensity on a shorter period. I am not sure the same fitness could be maintained if these the SH team played 11 months a year.[/b]
You should organise your seasons better, simple as that. ;)

As opposed to dragging out a competition over 13 weeks to establish that 4 out of Crusaders, Blues, Bulls, Sharks and Waratahs will be playing for the Super 14 crown, a fact which everyone knew 4 weeks in.

Latest posts