Ireland 'A' To Play Tonga And Argentina Jaguars

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Oct 2, 2009.

1. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Good decision by the IRFU to take a game out of the traditional heartlands. Hopefully playing A games in Tallaght will become a long term project for Ireland and Leinster. The Tallaght strategy is already bearing fruit with Tallaght RFC having been set up in 2002. The club has already provided an Ireland U20 international (Kris Greene a couple of years ago).

On another note, it appears Declan Kidney is being serious about trying to create a bigger pool of players capable of stepping up to international rugby. Add to these fixtures a probable game against the NZ Maori next June. Eddie O'Suliivan paid little more than lip service to A level rugby and it partially contributed to a small group of trusted players with those outside the loop struggling to get in. Just ask Jamie Heaslip and Luke Fitzgerald who weren't deemed good/experienced enough to go to the 2007 World Cup.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

Is Bradley in charge for these games?

4. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 2 2009, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nothing has been announced yet that I can see. Hopefully he's allowed concentrate on ruining Connacht and isn't allowed near Ireland A! Perhaps it might be a better idea to give Laurie Fisher, Jason Holland, Neil Doak, Jeremy Davidson, Reggie Corrigan or Jono Gibbes a chance to work with Ireland A. See what they can do in a head coaching role. Maybe get promising AIL coaches like Ian Costello and Emmett Farrell involved and see if can contribute at that level too. There are no Magners League games in November as far as I know which is why I suggest it.

5. monkeypigeon

monkeypigeon Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Oct 2 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Nothing has been announced yet that I can see. Hopefully he's allowed concentrate on ruining Connacht and isn't allowed near Ireland A! Perhaps it might be a better idea to give Laurie Fisher, Jason Holland, Neil Doak, Jeremy Davidson, Reggie Corrigan or Jono Gibbes a chance to work with Ireland A. See what they can do in a head coaching role. Maybe get promising AIL coaches like Ian Costello and Emmett Farrell involved and see if can contribute at that level too. There are no Magners League games in November as far as I know which is why I suggest it.
    [/b][/quote]

I'd think Eric Elwood could do the job too but of course he's doing the Under 20s job (and very well at that). Though it would be a way of seeing if he's good enough to displace Bradley and take the Connacht job.

I'm a bit annoyed that there's nothing coming to Musgrave Park. Cork is one of the biggist rugby counties in Ireland and produces it's fair share of players and where getting 3 Magners League matches and a couple of friendlies a year from Munster and nothing, not even an Ireland A match from the IRFU. But South Dublin gets something?

Edit: Went on a rant and forgot to mention more important things. Very happy with mr Kidney. making sure that there's plenty of A matches to help develop the plentifull talent! And he's currently off in Australia scouting ahead for the Summer Tour.

6. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Get a decent stadium first. For any sport for that matter

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!