• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland A v Scotland A

A

An Tarbh

The Ireland A match with Scotland A has been moved from Donnybrook to the RDS due to fears over the weather.

Here's hoping we actually get a match this weekend and as was the case last week a good chance for some players to stake a claim for the future.

What sort of side can we expect from the Scots?

I presume all the team announcements are tomorrow? (except the Wales one which has been put off untill Thursday to allow Jones, Henson and Williams time to recover fitness).

It was reported on RTE that teams will be announced on Wednesday.

Hopefully another pwnagefest from our lads this year. Robinson has got our A team on fine form, we demolished Geogria a few months back from what I rember. DOn't expect anything like the full team. Robinson will have them playing a fast running expansive game like we have done in the past and that Edinburgh have been using.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Feb 9 2009, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hopefully another pwnagefest from our lads this year. Robinson has got our A team on fine form, we demolished Geogria a few months back from what I rember. DOn't expect anything like the full team. Robinson will have them playing a fast running expansive game like we have done in the past and that Edinburgh have been using.[/b]

not too sure about that, we'll be fielding a pretty strong side on Friday.

So will Scotland though I imagine. Not sure exactly on what the state of play for injuries is but I could see us having a very tasty backline this weekend. Pack'll maybe not be that great. Should actually be a thoroughly entertaining match, I'm looking forward to this more than the France game!! Is it on telly anywhere?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (edinburgh_gunner @ Feb 9 2009, 09:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So will Scotland though I imagine. Not sure exactly on what the state of play for injuries is but I could see us having a very tasty backline this weekend. Pack'll maybe not be that great. Should actually be a thoroughly entertaining match, I'm looking forward to this more than the France game!! Is it on telly anywhere?[/b]

it's on tv over here but don't know if BBC Scotland will take the feed as well.

well if scotland were fielding their first team I'd still go for ireland IF paterson wasn't playing

yup well I mean I think ireland A scotland would be a closer game than ireland scotland...

and WHY was paterson not starting on sat?.. the guy is brilliant

sorry didn't get that.

Paterson has always been overrated for me but he did well when he came on on Sunday, don't think he'd get into the other sides bar Italy.

I think Paterson is class. I could see him making the English, Irish, Italian or Welsh team on his day. Not France though who have an embarrassment of riches in the back 3. He might be a bit old now so I can see why they don't play him but he is hardly overrated. He is a much more rounded player than people would have you think.

Depends on what mood he's in really. Some weeks he'll be cutting lines like a samlon on crack, other's he'll be getting knocked about. Has suffered for not havign a real position, but definatley one of our best players. Does bring more than goal kicking, but he does need to perhaps be a little more consistant. Would help if he got a regular run of games at 10 or 15....He's not a winger!

well given how he folded under the pressure in the Gloucester Munster match last season I'm not buying it. Way too hit and miss for me, and as for his goalkicking he rarely goes for anything outside the 10m line. I certainly can't see him in the Irish backline at any stage in the last 10 years, certainly not at flyhalf, wing or full back.

many is the time O'Gara has folded too under pressure at international level.

But mostly at international level .. Paterson is the best place kicker in europe..who's better?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 9 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But mostly at international level .. Paterson is the best place kicker in europe..who's better?[/b]

no doubts he's played poorly for Ireland but folding under the pressure a la Paterson, nothing springs to mind.

Under severe pressure I'd back O'Gara more than I would Paterson, same with Hook and Jones to land crucial kicks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 9 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

But mostly at international level .. Paterson is the best place kicker in europe..who's better?[/b]

Does Brock James count?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 9 2009, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (JohnBE @ Feb 9 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Does Brock James count?
[/b][/quote]

no:)

also i think i may bump my thread about wheter ogara will get 1000 points.. he's about 120 off.. so thats relatively conservatively 12 points a game?.. for ten games.. doable?

he should get 1000 points, he's not going to be dropped anytime soon and 12 points over 10 games is quite conservative. Probably should have done it by now though, rivalry with Humphreys certainly slowed him down.

Latest posts