• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland In the final.......kind of!

S

stevemagoo

Alain Rolland has been appointed as the ref for the 2007 RWC Final.

I knew we'd get there somehow...

HAHA - Stick that up your jumper Honiss!!

C

Cymro

Pitty he's not one of the best RUGBY refs though. [/b]

Agree! Not my fav, to be honest Id like it to have gone to someone else, I know England are not out but Old Spreadbury is a real character and a good ref, even our Gay Welsh Counterpart Nigel Owens should have reffed!

G

gjohn85

<div class='quotemain'> Pitty he's not one of the best RUGBY refs though. [/b]

Agree! Not my fav, to be honest Id like it to have gone to someone else, I know England are not out but Old Spreadbury is a real character and a good ref, even our Gay Welsh Counterpart Nigel Owens should have reffed!
[/b][/quote] I could see it now. 'Crouch, Touch & Spank'

B

Bullitt

Ah, good ol' Spreadders. The only referee the world has seen (outside the WWF) who enjoys getting boo'd!

G

Get In Lads!

Ah, good ol' Spreadders. The only referee the world has seen (outside the WWF) who enjoys getting boo'd!
[/b]

At the risk of going wildly off topic, I think it's funny that over five years after the WWF was forced to change it's name to WWE, everyone still calls them the WWF.

That panda really got them good.

:D

M

Mr. Laxative

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French.

M

melon

Anyone who beliees that is a communist. [/b]
I didn't say I thought he was the best ref. I was conveying the thoughts of the IRB. But i'll go along with the communist notion.
Communist%20poster.jpg
Cultrev.jpg

W

woosaah

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French. [/b]

what are you talking about? when did he referee the new zealand france game?

K

Klarkash-ton

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French.
[/b]

He was speaking French to the Aussies, which is why the English scrum went so well

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
Charles V

M

melon

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

He was speaking French to the Aussies, which is why the English scrum went so well

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
Charles V [/b][/quote]
Are you feeling alrite? It might be time you have a lie down...

S

stevemagoo

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French. [/b]

Er.. He didn't ref that game....

He's half French - His dad was a chef over here in ireland.......the whole family is fluent.

He lives around the corner from me.

K

Klarkash-ton

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Charles V [/b][/quote]
Are you feeling alrite? It might be time you have a lie down...
[/b][/quote]

he didn't ref the NZ/France game as the original poster stated, he reff'ed the Aus/Eng game. The Aussie front row did not seem to understand him when he kept saying 'If you go down this time, I will penalise you'. He may as well have been speaking French.

But it was very late so I did go for a lie down after :mellow:

M

Macsen

Half Irish - French? The rosbifs are going to get pretty well done if they make it through. "This is for bloody sunday and your terrible cooking, english pigs!"