• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Squad Named For Summer Tour

I think players that arn't getting in squads enough should move as thats the way they will get noticed. People are probally going to call me mad but I think there are so many goo irish players that aren't playing regualler rugby because they beleive they have to stay in Ireland. Players such as mike ross (maybe to late for him now) need to move clubs where they will get games. clubs outside of Ireland will offer Irish players a great experience where they can hopefully grow as a player then maybe return to Ireland.

well Ross spent some time with quins and was staring regularly but hes to lazy to play for Leinster ho play i higher tempo rugby then quins.

Snoop I agree he's played games but rarely a full one and majority of time he was gettin in because the others were getting a rest.
And also he had good season for Quins but if we are honest his performances for Leinster have been extremely poor.

He has locked the scrum consistently though. unlike the other 2 tight heads going, and of them Hayes doesn't contribute at all in the loose. Whats his function at all?

Irish rugby would want to get its priorities right with regards the no. 3. The scrum is vital, especially since the Scotland game showed we can be vulnerable in the lineout

Ross' performances haven't been poor, that's another misconception. Ross merely hasn't played as well as the other options. Healy and Wright are better ball carriers while van der Linde, when he turns it on, is a good ball carrier and scrummager. Ross is a terrific scrummager and hits rucks pretty well but he doesn't carry effectively enough. That's what Michael Cheika looks for, rightly or wrongly, in his frontline props. Mike Ross has been okay since signing for Leinster.

Latest posts