16. Niall Scannell (Dolphin/Munster) 20 caps
17. Cian Healy (Leinster/Clontarf) 116 caps
18. Finlay Bealham (Connacht/Buccaneers) 23 caps
19. Ryan Baird (Leinster/Dublin University) 8 caps
20. Jack Conan (Leinster/Old Belvedere) 27 caps
21. Conor Murray (Munster/Garryowen) 96 caps
22. Joey Carbery (Munster/Clontarf) 32 caps
23. Michael Lowry (Ulster/Banbridge) 1 cap

Frawley at 10 the big talking point. I like it.

The only other major point of interest is Lowry and Conan on the bench. Could mean that POM is ahead of Conan and that Lowry not starting means he's likely either starting or benching on Saturday.

All Blacks have been hit bad with COVID...things just got even more spicy

Will jordan, Goodhue and Havili all positive, joining the coaching staff, Mounga also missed training although haven't said why, bit for the midfield, Tupea almost certain start now

Harry Byrne ruled out due to a hamstring issue apparently...

Really like the team. Should be very dynamic. That backrow has a very nice balance to it.

Edit: Henderson ruled out for the remainder of the tour. Big blow.

Last edited:
What sort of level should we expect here?
Like one of the lesser NZ super rugby teams playing their first game of the season

I don't know how much super rugby you watch, so if the answer is none then think back to 2017 lions tour; from memory only the blues and crusaders had their all blacks, so this team would be more like one of the other teams from 2017 in terms of player quality except playing their first game of the season and noting the hurricanes had won super rugby the year before, the highlanders two years prior, and the chiefs still had rennie.

The weaknesses in the team, apart from rustiness, are they have one loose forward starting who has only played a few minutes of super rugby, their reserve loose forward has played a handful of games, one of their wingers and their reserve lock have been injured most of the season, their first five hasn't played a lot this season and their reserve first five hasn't played a lot at first five, their hooker was awful at throwing on the wet and pressure during the super rugby final and their reserve hooker isn't a renowned thrower.

Will jordan, Goodhue and Havili all positive, joining the coaching staff, Mounga also missed training although haven't said why, bit for the midfield, Tupea almost certain start now

Oh crap, individual brilliance from the likes of jordan was our only chance.

Foster is pribably relieved that he has an excuse for losing now.

Like one of the lesser NZ super rugby teams playing their first game of the season

I don't know how much super rugby you watch, so if the answer is none then think back to 2017 lions tour; from memory only the blues and crusaders had their all blacks, so this team would be more like one of the other teams from 2017 in terms of player quality except playing their first game of the season and noting the hurricanes had won super rugby the year before, the highlanders two years prior, and the chiefs still had rennie.

The weaknesses in the team, apart from rustiness, are they have one loose forward starting who has only played a few minutes of super rugby, their reserve loose forward has played a handful of games, one of their wingers and their reserve lock have been injured most of the season, their first five hasn't played a lot this season and their reserve first five hasn't played a lot at first five, their hooker was awful at throwing on the wet and pressure during the super rugby final and their reserve hooker isn't a renowned thrower.
OK thanks. Should be fairly even then, our side would make a good run at European Quarter Finals but is likely to be quite incohesive. And our 10 hasn't really played 10 since 2018.

Working from home tomorrow so the first couple of hours will be unproductive to say the least.

If Byrne is injured they need to get Ben Healy on one of those newfangled Concord planes to New Zealand.

It's a weird team, but that's ok with me. Our backrow is exciting in my opinion, they're all very good carriers who have been knocking on the door this season. Frawley has a very good backline outside of him and Aki will take a lot of pressure off. Maori will have to deal with a lot of traffic down the 12/13 channel.

Our front row has to be our weakest unit by far. Loughman and Heffernan do not have international futures and the jury is still out on O'Toole for me.

Harry Byrne ruled out due to a hamstring issue apparently...

Really like the team. Should be very dynamic. That backrow has a very nice balance to it.

Edit: Henderson ruled out for the remainder of the tour. Big blow.
I don't rate Harry Byrne much at all but regardless of ability it has to be said bringing him to RWC is madness.
He is struggling to get ahead of Ross or Sexton in next 12 months and Frawley could really lay down marker here too.
But equally his injury record is desperate and not what you want from a fringe player.

On team it does suggest Peter O'Mahony will start on Saturday and Doris at 8.
Getting Scannell straight on to bench is correct as it means Sheehan won't be sizzled.

Lowry at 23 to me doesn't mean much. Fully expect Aki @ 23 on Saturday.
Very interesting to see NZ falling like flies now with Covid. Really is Irelands best chance of a win.

Of course Sexton, Carbery and Frawley are all pictures of health.

It's impacting Harry but unfortunately he's not alone in having this issue among our 10s.

Happy enough to start POM here to see how he goes. Conan has had a dip and will cone back. It'll also clarify whether we can trust POM in certain away games, I've seen him as a guy who can't play physical teams in recent years and I'm skeptical about him away from home. He matches up well against NZ so let's see how he goes.

Harry would be Leinster's second choice but for injury at this stage and it was a mistake not to make him second choice in the post season this year, RB played a big role in both losses. He's exceptionally talented and both coaching teams he's played under pick up on that, just needs a run of fitness.

Of course Sexton, Carbery and Frawley are all pictures of health.

It's impacting Harry but unfortunately he's not alone in having this issue among our 10s.
Well to be fair they are all available alot more frequently. I don't put Frawley in same bracket as others as he seems durable and available frequently.
Sexton - is old so needs to be managed and Joey picks up big injuries.
My bigger worry is like Joey picks up bone breaks etc. Harry's are all tissue and muscle injuries. That is not necessarily good.

Happy enough to start POM here to see how he goes. Conan has had a dip and will cone back. It'll also clarify whether we can trust POM in certain away games, I've seen him as a guy who can't play physical teams in recent years and I'm skeptical about him away from home. He matches up well against NZ so let's see how he goes.

Harry would be Leinster's second choice but for injury at this stage and it was a mistake not to make him second choice in the post season this year, RB played a big role in both losses. He's exceptionally talented and both coaching teams he's played under pick up on that, just needs a run of fitness.
This is my issue. He will turn in to JJ Hanrahan v2. At his age he is picking up alot of injuries that aren't rugby related like I mean not caused by wear and tear or over use. So he should be really on major yoga, pilates etc.

So all these weeks and months none of these players/coaching staff have had any issues then in the week of the first test 3 players and 3 of the coaching staff including the head coach himself just happen to test positive for "covid" and are out of the first game? And here i was thinking it was just the Champions Cup they were going to rig using the fake pandemic.

This Sport has lost all credibility and is being crashed into the ground by World Rugby because of this social engineering agenda, its no wonder the viewership numbers are in the bin and the average fan is switching off, this sport hasn't got long left and will need to go under so we can get rid of the corrupt filth currently running it.

Attachments

• Corona Rigged Tests.png
    Corona Rigged Tests.png
    59.2 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts