• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland Summer Tour NZ 2022

Citing window has passed anyway for Barrett now so looks like he's escaped.

Ridiculous. Fairly worried about officiating in the next two games considering Barnes' recent displays and Peyper's entire career.

If Dickson was deemed adequate on Saturday I'd hate to see what poor is.

Rugby really needs to have some form of open forum critiquing referees performances, the current standard and lack of accountability right now is hurting the game.

Doing a HIA several days after the incident seems a bit...odd?

Did he unofficially fail one on Saturday? i.e. he failed the HIA but they subbed him off as a bicep injury instead so he didn't have to the do the 12 day stand down?

Seems a bit sketchy

Doing a HIA several days after the incident seems a bit...odd?

Did he unofficially fail one on Saturday? i.e. he failed the HIA but they subbed him off as a bicep injury instead so he didn't have to the do the 12 day stand down?

Seems a bit sketchy
I think he passed HIA 1 after the game, HIA 2 later that day and if he passes HIA 3 he's clear of protocol. Someone explained it to me but its hard to follow, I'd rather he got a week's rest to be honest, we need to learn to play without him, always takes 10-15mins to adapt as we saw at the weekend.

SBarrett.gif

its embarrassing he wasn't even cited for this

Ridiculous. Fairly worried about officiating in the next two games considering Barnes' recent displays and Peyper's entire career.

If Dickson was deemed adequate on Saturday I'd hate to see what poor is.

Rugby really needs to have some form of open forum critiquing referees performances, the current standard and lack of accountability right now is hurting the game.
referees are sacrosanct. no ref game. a bad ref is part of the game and you have to overcome that. thats when ref management comes into it

Sexton passed fit, definitely makes me a bit uncomfortable.

NZ lose Whitelock but get Jordan etc back.

I don't see the point in risking Sexton if he's ot fit. Like Farrell is under no pressure in this tour, Carbery needs minutes, if they're risking Sexton's health its just a madness. Inclined to think he's fine.

If we're going to win a test it'll be this one, I'm fairly confident we'll do well. We've been hammered by the NZ media after a game that flattered them, and they're massively up on themselves. A bit more accuracy with Johnny on the pitch for longer, a threat out on the right side of the pitch in Hansen and a further week to settle into winter and I think our boys can do something. I'm not bold enough to predict a win and I'm worried we'll be on the wrong end of a poor refereeing display again but I think this will be a one score game.

Our media has also completely lost the head this week, talking about talent identification, grass roots and all other sorts of shite.

Under the roof too

I really want ireland to play the best game they've ever played… and lose

It won't be so bad if they win though, losing two tests last year has generated a massive increase in interest levels for test rugby this year. Most people have stopped watching the all blacks on account of them winning too much but now some people have renewed interest. Perhaps Hiring foster was a good marketing move.

but really would like to beat Ireland at their best. Not that I'm confident we can, but I'd like the opportunity and would rather we lose to them at their best than beat them because they don't play well. Plus this Ireland team at their best is a pretty good watch.

Last edited:
Apparently akira wasn't fit for the first test, so I don't know whether he'd have played if he was. Maybe maybe not. I can see them starting Scott at six again but starting tuipolotu first game back from Japan is a big call. Remember when retallick came back? He wasn't up for the higher level of contact. Patty might be better for it though; he was immense at the start of the first super rugby aotearoa - coming out of lockdown. The rest allowed him to come in with huge energy and power. So I wouldnt be averse to him starting. I'm pretty keen to see a fit tuipolotu too, having played the fast game they play in Japan.

Midfield and reserves will be interesting.
My guess is havili starts and tupaea is on reserves but it all depends on how well havili has recovered from COVID.

Personally I'd like to see sotutu on the reserves too; I think that should be his role long term - a skillful linking super sub.

Latest posts