Scannell and Aki and Marshall
Zebo, O'Halloran, O'Loughlin, Byrne.

Definitely will be another bolter or 2

uudZR2g1.jpg

>Simone Zebo
>Adam Bryce
>Colin Murray
>Kevin Toner
>Grand total of four players' names spelled correctly.
Anyone gonna address the fact that Op's team looks like he had inexplicably had to work around licensing issues Rugby 08 style despite picking a decent team? Must be said he got Carbery's name correct unlike Muff though.

So hard to predict as there are a lot of questions. Will Johnny Sexton and Sean O'Brien make it to 2019 given his injury history? Do Ireland move on without Rory Best and Jamie Heaslip? What's the makeup of the back three? Does Bundee Aki get shoehorned in? Is Joey Carbery considered a 10 or 15?

I'll guess at this:
O'Halloran, Byrne, Ringrose, Henshaw, Zebo, Jackson, Murray; McGrath, Scannell, Furlong, Dillane, Henderson, O'Mahony (capt), Leavy, Stander

I'm going with

1. McGrath
2. Scannell
3. Furlong
4. Henderson
5. James Ryan (future captain too)
6. POM
7. Leavy (SOB to be used as an impact sub)
8. Conan
9. Murray
10. Carbery
11. Stockdale (a few rough edges but the potential is there for all to see)
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Sweetnam
15. Larmour (He looks like he has the ability and attitude to go far)

If Keith Earls at just shy of 32 is starting ahead of Byrne, O'Loughlin, Stockdale, Kelleher and Larmour something bad is goimg on in the provinces.
Jist have feeling Earls will stil be around. On Byrne je will make it and Stockdale but for last 2 will they have the time to get up to making it. O'Lo6maybe but can't see Larmour rising that fast in next 18months or so.

I'm going with

1. McGrath
2. Scannell
3. Furlong
4. Henderson
5. James Ryan (future captain too)
6. POM
7. Leavy (SOB to be used as an impact sub)
8. Conan
9. Murray
10. Carbery
11. Stockdale (a few rough edges but the potential is there for all to see)
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Sweetnam
15. Larmour (He looks like he has the ability and attitude to go far)

This looks much more like it to me, although I can't honestly see Schmidt making that many changes in the next two years.

I'd go for the XV below but I can see a 35 year old Heaslip or one of the wingers like Zebo or Earls being kept in the mix ...

1. McGrath
2. Scannell
3. Furlong
4. Henderson
5. J. Ryan
6. O'Mahony
7. Leavy
8. Conan
9. Murray
10. Sexton
11. Stockdale
12. Henshaw
13. Ringrose
14. Sweetnam
15. Carbery

What's happening to CJ Stander? I can see Leavy getting ahead of SOB but no way is Conan getting ahead of Stander. There's too many options in the back row to predict accurately, no mentions of JVdF, Heaslip, Jordi Murphy or even Rhys Ruddock who will all get caps in the next two years show that show that.

Leavy's all round ability makes him very likely to be 6 or 7, CJ's explosiveness makes him a likely 6 or 8. I'd like CJ, Leavy, Heaslip or Leavy, Murphy, CJ myself. I couldn't tell ypu a lot about Leavy's lineout work but he is a similar height and weight to POM so of he could have an inpact there its worth having better footballers on the pitch, Murphy is a strong option there too.

I'd like to see
McGrath
Cronin
Furlong
J Ryan
Henderson
Leavy
Murphy
Stander
Murray
Sexton/Jackson (I think this Lion's tour could be the beginning of the end for Johnny)
Sweetnam
Henshaw
Ringrose
Larmour
Carbery

Healy
Scannell
Ryan
Dillane
Conan
McGrath
Olding (He has to get an injury free run and Carbery can cover 10!)
Byrne

We're in a seriously strong position to attack the 2019 RWC if we sort the second row out, our back row depth is arguably unrivalled in particular.

Think you'reseeing it as I was Alpha. Named a squad of 23 but then another 13 who could easily get in too. Competition is savage. Do we see Ryan getting enough game time over next few years in Leinster. On Cronin I can't see him being option. He's pushing on but also he is better off bench and darts aren't good enough but will he be a starter for Leinster then. Tracy sorts his throwing (which is improving) and he's the starter for Leinster

Think you'reseeing it as I was Alpha. Named a squad of 23 but then another 13 who could easily get in too. Competition is savage. Do we see Ryan getting enough game time over next few years in Leinster. On Cronin I can't see him being option. He's pushing on but also he is better off bench and darts aren't good enough but will he be a starter for Leinster then. Tracy sorts his throwing (which is improving) and he's the starter for Leinster

y, I imagine Kilcoyne, Dooley, Buckley, Tracy (I wouldn't have him ahead of Cronin anytime soon, he's a strange case in that he seems to be rated more highly outside Leinster than within it), Herring, Bealham, Moore, Toner, Treadwell, Roux, all of the aforementioned backrows, Marmion, Byrne, Bleyendaal, Scannell, Aki, Marshall, all the wings I mentiomention in my previous post, O'Halloran, Payne and Zebo all have the potential to be capped in the ~25 tests between then and now. Not that many of these are world beaters but we won't be in a position like the Argentina game where we lacked experienced replacements for guys like Sexton, Payne and POC. If we get a kind draw on Wednesday we'll have no excuses for not getting to a SF.

Latest posts