• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland tour to Japan + USA

I don't know Alpha, There is alot more ahead of Kearney now and offer more overall. But while he was injured he was namechecked as available.
On Cronin, the fact is he is in a competitive spot now and thought maybe he would have tried go as the competition is hot at #2 now.

@Snoop you're right on the youngsters BUT 1 bit of caution is if they go badly it could be a set back. But the mindset of coaching staff is correct.

@Conal Gilroy can feel harsh but so can few more. It's a competitive area there will always be someone unlucky.

I don't know Alpha, There is alot more ahead of Kearney now and offer more overall. But while he was injured he was namechecked as available.
On Cronin, the fact is he is in a competitive spot now and thought maybe he would have tried go as the competition is hot at #2 now.

@Snoop you're right on the youngsters BUT 1 bit of caution is if they go badly it could be a set back. But the mindset of coaching staff is correct.

@Conal Gilroy can feel harsh but so can few more. It's a competitive area there will always be someone unlucky.

@munstermuffin i suppose so its a very compeitive area, prehaps if his defence was slighty better. i just feel his strike running is wasted potential the last few years. suppose it happens

however Stockdale breakthing through is great for Ulster! bad for Gilroy

@munstermuffin i suppose so its a very compeitive area, prehaps if his defence was slighty better. i just feel his strike running is wasted potential the last few years. suppose it happens

however Stockdale breakthing through is great for Ulster! bad for Gilroy
Agreed. He has his flaws but has his strengths too. But even in Ulster he has Stockdale, Trimble, Piatau, Bowe and 1 or 2 other youngsters. It's great to see though.

Quite like that squad. Would have liked to see Sweetnam tour, but you can't have anything. The fact we were tipped off in advance James Ryan is probably the most unexpected and progressive selection we've had. Stockdale has been very good for what has been a bad team recently. Can't wait to watch this. Will be a good trial for our younger guys. I hope we throw out a few really young teams for some games. Nothing to lose anymore with the pools picked etc.

Yeah well that softy would never cut it in the second tier of Austrian/Croatian rugby anyway. ****. Could he do it on a sunny day in Klagenfurt? I still have as many Leinster caps as him anyway.

Latest posts