Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Thread for general news and chat.

I think this is a very important tour for us, we need to win a test or else it'll be a step backwards. If we win test 1 I think we'll win the series, NZ are a great team still but as fragile as I've ever seen them. We are as inconsistent and unpredictable as they come though so I'm very wary of a depressing July.

Was there not already a thread about this? Maybe not.

I would think Ireland should be favourites except,
You'd have to think the all blacks coaches and even tre players have been doing a lot of thinking about their losses last year
Leinsters losses could have dented confidence and given clues to the all blacks about how to beat them
There will be some different players that might help the all blacks against ireland
Ireland's win was based on high tempo precision rugby. With the exception of one test under the roof the conditions may not suit the style Ireland has been using of late. The all blacks will always be good at converting errors into points.
(However, New Zealand players don't get a lot of experience against quality up and unders and kick chase)

The first test will be the all blacks first of the year. I'm not saying ireland won't have rust too, but the all blacks are always very rusty in their first game. If the all blacks are to win the first game it will be due to Irish mistakes.