Ireland Under-18 Five Nations Schools Squad Announced

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by snoopy snoopy dog dog, Apr 2, 2009.

1. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    I don't expect many people to care about this but it's often an indicator as to who the top up and coming players are. Ireland for the last few years have been physically underdeveloped at this level (in comparison with their opponents) but tend to catch up by the time they hit u20 level.

Again, I'm not overly familiar with too many of these players but some to look out for in years to come include Blackrock fullback Andrew Conway, 'Rock centre Brendan Macken, Newbridge centre/wing Sam Coghlan Murray and the Ulster flyhalves James McKinney and Luke Marshall. Of the pack, a lot has been spoken about Rock second row/backrow Jordi Murphy while Methody backrow Stephen Leckey has a bit about him.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bumbadum

Bumbadum Guest

No Wallace High lads in, so clearly this team is inferior ;)

4. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
    Andrew Conway is poised to make a similar impact to Luke Fitzgerald next year. He needs to work a bit on his kicking but he's a brilliant finisher and counter attacker. With players selected for the Lions reportedly missing the first 4 or 5 weeks of next season, I wouldn't be surprised if he got a shot on the wing early next season (asuming Kearney and Fitzgerald get Lions callups).

5. cyRil

cyRil Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Apr 13 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    weeeeeeeeeeyyyyyy!!!!!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Apr 13 2009, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    ....Eh? :huh:

6. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!