• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v New Zealand (13/11)

The All Blacks are eyeing Blues recruit Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as a potential "12 or 13" in the clearest indication yet that they see the former Warriors great as a genuine option for the 2023 Rugby World Cup.

Tuivasa-Sheck made the shift to rugby after a stellar NRL career and although Covid-19 derailed his plans to play for Auckland in the NPC, All Blacks coach Ian Foster told Stuff that his interactions with the 28-year-old had convinced him he could succeed.

"Once he's back playing we're confident that Roger will pick things up very quickly because his desire to know, and have little skill work-ons over the past six months has been outstanding," Foster said. "So, he's very motivated."
I'm gonna have an aneurysm. Like... This is an article today after been DONE by Ireland.

It's great to see that we're still going to be as confused as we have been for the last 6 years since Conrad/Nonu. I'm thrilled and I'm sure the rest of the rugby nations will be very excited.

Great game, enjoyed watching that

We'll done Ireland, very much deserved, the dominant team on attack without doubt

I was going to say the score flattered the abs but I think when you make that many tackles you deserve to be in it

Our scores all came from moments of brilliance where as Ireland's generally came from periods of dominant attack which I think sums up the different between the team, the abs have several great players but as well as that the Irish have a great team and they played well together

Play the World Cup right this minute. If we were even remotely accurate in the first half this game could have been out of sight. Very proud of our team and the brand of rugby we played at times. We have a core of players who can take us forward.
To be fair the NZ'ers defence on their line was fierce. They piled bodies into the ruck and flew off the line when we moved it wide. The pity for them was that that was the only area of the pitch where they really dug in. They were outfought and gave up easy yards elsewhere. Despite the recent record I still feel they think we're a soft touch and the scoreboard will right itself in the end. The plucky Irish will be a handful for 60 minutes type of deal. Did they have an eye on the 'Frinch' next week. I think so.

I didn't think Farrell was the man to succeed Schmidt but i'm a believer now. More importantly i think the players believe in him. Happy too for some of the lads Gatland snubbed for the Lions.

Ireland were good.
Great defence by the all blacks in the first half.
But you could see the fron row we're fatigued toward the end of the first half. They should have been subbed at half time. Sure enough all made errors, or at least weren't as good as they could have been, at the start of the second. Laulala was too fatigued to get low quick enough to stop Ireland's first second half try, and he later dropped the ball cold. Taylor, despite getting a ten minute break, was fatigued as he put in a huge effort, missed the tackle for Ireland's second try.
Moody knocked the ball on, although it wasn't picked up.

Whitelock made the wrong decision to go for goal after iones try was disallowed.

Despite those decisions ireland were still the better team. They just have so many options on attack and execute very well. Yes our defence was good, but they still made metres.

The all blacks were poor under pressure and this team just doesn't have the skill set of teams gone by.

We are still failing to phase against good defence. One would hope foster and mooar will come up with some ideas during the off season. Although the approach seems to be to let the players take ownership, as then the ideas will be forefront of mind in situations where they have to adapt. I'm all for that approach, but Maybe the coaches should help them a little bit more.

Blackadder and papalii were exceptional on defence, so one would expect they play next week, and akira is a very good bench option.

Don't know what we are going to do In Midfield. What did alb go off for?

Also, congrats to James Lowe.

And, well done to the abs on the mullets, furlong was bamboozled by the mullets, aka mulleted, resulting in our first try.

Watched the extended highlights. Don't think it gives much an impression of the game but I just have one rules query. The first 3 points for NZ, the Irish #4 lock lets go of the player once the ref calls tackle made. He is then pinged for not getting away it seems but as I understand it with him still being very much on his feet (standing upright FFS) he is fully entitled to stad his ground and even go for the ball isn't he or am I missing something?

Watched the extended highlights. Don't think it gives much an impression of the game but I just have one rules query. The first 3 points for NZ, the Irish #4 lock lets go of the player once the ref calls tackle made. He is then pinged for not getting away it seems but as I understand it with him still being very much on his feet (standing upright FFS) he is fully entitled to stad his ground and even go for the ball isn't he or am I missing something?
If it's the one I'm thinking of he walked away from the ruck straight towards the opposition tryline, so preventing players arriving through the gate
The ref said he had to move "east or west not north or south" when getting out of the tackle area

Edit: yeah you can hear him say it on the above clip,
He falls into the 9, doubt it would've been a penalty otherwise but it's basically sealing off

It's such a pity the Irish only decide to be this good between world cups. But hey this could be the spark they need to rise to 2023. Also a pity the Springboks aren't playing against them. I always feel like we play Wales and England too much and the rest too little.

It's such a pity the Irish only decide to be this good between world cups. But hey this could be the spark they need to rise to 2023. Also a pity the Springboks aren't playing against them. I always feel like we play Wales and England too much and the rest too little.
Yeah, who is it that decides the cross-hemisphere fixtures? Is it the unions themselves or World Rugby?

I'm gonna have an aneurysm. Like... This is an article today after been DONE by Ireland.

It's great to see that we're still going to be as confused as we have been for the last 6 years since Conrad/Nonu. I'm thrilled and I'm sure the rest of the rugby nations will be very excited.

I will say I'm really excited to see RTS in Union.
Especially if you get a new head coach

I think RTS will be the most successful convert since Izzy (Well sane Izzy) and Robinson.

Latest posts