• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v Scotland

C

coonor

the final round of the tournement
the final game at croke park

the croke park era is over. maybe our best ever era. the grand slam. ubeatable in 2009. however as Ireland rugby's new home is almost finished the aviva stadium will welcome one of the worlds greatest teams back. new surrounding, new opportunity but still home sweet home

Ireland team:

15 - Geordan Murphy (Leicester Tigers)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)
1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Rory Best (Banbridge/Ulster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements:
16 - Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)
17 - Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Shane Jennings (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
20 - Eoin Reddan (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)

There's a world of difference between "unbeaten" and "unbeatable". Convincing wins against better opposition maybe would make that comment more valid.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
however as Ireland rugby's new home is almost finished the aviva stadium will welcome one of the worlds greatest teams back.[/b]

Yeah, you're lucky Samoa could make it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 16 2010, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
There's a world of difference between "unbeaten" and "unbeatable". Convincing wins against better opposition maybe would make that comment more valid.[/b]

alright calm down we didnt loose a match and we still havnt lost a match a croke park since 2008

We did beat an on-form Aus team, Sprinkboks a good France team who performed and ok maybe not Englands best team but 09 we really did step up to plate.

For once I actually feel (although conscious of Summer and how we return) that we have our best chance of beating New Zealand in Aviva Stadium for 1st time.

Those'd be the Wallabies who were beat by Scotland and couldn't even put 20 points on England? And the Springboks who were beat by Saracens... Let alone everyone.

Come on now, we're not talking the 2005 All Blacks here.

No one beat Ireland in 2009, FACT. :)

Happy to see our strongest available team named, would like to see Cronin getting plenty of game time though. Triple Crown may be a runners up prize, but it is worth winning all the same.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Mar 16 2010, 07:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No one beat Ireland in 2009, FACT. :)

Happy to see our strongest available team named, would like to see Cronin getting plenty of game time though. Triple Crown may be a runners up prize, but it is worth winning all the same.[/b]

like kidney said it would be a great way to leave croke park

cant wait to got and watch it. hopefully it will be a good game

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 16 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Those'd be the Wallabies who were beat by Scotland and couldn't even put 20 points on England? And the Springboks who were beat by Saracens... Let alone everyone.

Come on now, we're not talking the 2005 All Blacks here.[/b]

France and South Africa were just about the biggest scalps you could have taken in 09', All Blacks aside. And we didn't get a chance to play them so we can't judge.

Also comparing a full strength South African XV to that mid week team is just laughable. Hah. See how I laughed there?

Anyway back on topic, I think we should take this one but we haven't has it that easy against the Scots in recent years. Hopefully they'll be a tad bit drained after throwing everything they had at England last week. I'd like to see the team open up a bit more, we seem to have played within ourselves during this tournament (The French game aside, in which we were well and truely *****-slapped). We seem to rely on our defence being sound and being clinical on the turnover. Hopefully we can unleash our potent back three, which is more than a match for its Scottish counterpart.

If France were one of 2009s biggest scalps to take, I assume that means England were one of the worlds top sides being as they got such a comprehensive victory?

I think not. Hah. (you see that laugh I did there?)

As for South Africa... Yes, Saracens beat a mid-week team with their reserves squad, but that was a back-handed slap to the chops aimed squarely at Prestwick. However, this is the team who barely squeaked Wales, were taken even closer by Scotland (lol) and flattered by France only winning by 7. When they used mostly débutantes and rookies.

They'll get well and truly mullered by the ABs.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Mar 17 2010, 09:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
If France were one of 2009s biggest scalps to take, I assume that means England were one of the worlds top sides being as they got such a comprehensive victory?

I think not. Hah. (you see that laugh I did there?)

As for South Africa... Yes, Saracens beat a mid-week team with their reserves squad, but that was a back-handed slap to the chops aimed squarely at Prestwick. However, this is the team who barely squeaked Wales, were taken even closer by Scotland (lol) and flattered by France only winning by 7. When they used mostly débutantes and rookies.

They'll get well and truly mullered by the ABs.[/b]

Now now, we all know the result of any France/England match counts for nothing in judging the quality of a French team as they have a vey special type of flakiness reserved just for England. Something in their brains snap when they see that white jersey. In fact I'll say it right now that England will beat France this Saturday. BOOM.

As for being rookies, most of the French players took part in the 2008 Six Nations, you might as well call half the Irish team rookies as well.

Ireland beat the Tri Nations champions and France for the first time in ages, won their first grandslam in 61 years and didn't lose a game. It was a good year.

Lets be realistic and agree New Zealand were poor in 2009 excepth for the AI's but weren't unbeatable.

But France really did perform that day in Croker. And Wales was a tough challenge too.
But as the saying goes: You can only beat what is put in front of you.

this game will be good glad to see a strong team. hopefully my seats will be good I never been to croke park before.

on;y time ive been there i had some one screaming armagh down my ear all game and she had the most anyoing voice it was a bad seat.

I'm Just gonna say it. Ireland are the best team in the world by a mile and no one can beat us ever except for France who probably cheated or summit.

Happy Paddy's Day :bonne-de: :bonne-de: :bonne-de: :bonne-de: :bonne-de: :bonne-de: :bonne-de: :bad:

Latest posts