• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Dec 2 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm not only talking about this year ...i will speak for France mainly but in the past 10 years we have beaten SA equally as they beat us . it is not the case with aussies and NZ . SA never scored 40-50 points against france as Australia and NZ did . I think you have a rugby that is closer from NH teams and so it is more easy for us to play against you , we are not in unknown territory or Alien territory :p ...Maybe i was a bit harsh and i would temper my judgement in saying that SA is above FR , EN , IRL but not at the same level of Aussies and AB . Though if you look at result from 100 years , you have beaten Aussies more often than them could have beaten you but i would say that in last ten years that is not really the case . In terms of the impression you can make on NH teams , i do not feel that it is the same feeling like having a match against aussies or AB ...

But overall yeah , i told it already , you had tremendous year and on the result , you are number one defenitly . but in my mind you do not represent the danger that AB or aussies can represent , maybe a question of rugby style , i do not know but my statement was coming from that ...and this statement is felt since long time , not from this autumn tour ...it would be good that a british talk his thought about that to see if it is the same .

I do not mean bad about SA , just sharing my French feeling about ur team ...[/b]

Well, the only team in the world that has beaten us us more than we have beaten them, is New Zealand. We have a positive win ratio against every other team in the world.

In my opinion, Australia are not as good as we are. Especially not this year. New Zealand have always been the best, and i doubt that is ever going to change.

As for France, they are our achilles heal. No idea why, but they always seem to beat us.

My top 3 nations in World rugby are:

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. France

4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. England

This has always been my view.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Dec 2 2009, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Dec 2 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm not only talking about this year ...i will speak for France mainly but in the past 10 years we have beaten SA equally as they beat us . it is not the case with aussies and NZ . SA never scored 40-50 points against france as Australia and NZ did . I think you have a rugby that is closer from NH teams and so it is more easy for us to play against you , we are not in unknown territory or Alien territory :p ...Maybe i was a bit harsh and i would temper my judgement in saying that SA is above FR , EN , IRL but not at the same level of Aussies and AB . Though if you look at result from 100 years , you have beaten Aussies more often than them could have beaten you but i would say that in last ten years that is not really the case . In terms of the impression you can make on NH teams , i do not feel that it is the same feeling like having a match against aussies or AB ...

But overall yeah , i told it already , you had tremendous year and on the result , you are number one defenitly . but in my mind you do not represent the danger that AB or aussies can represent , maybe a question of rugby style , i do not know but my statement was coming from that ...and this statement is felt since long time , not from this autumn tour ...it would be good that a british talk his thought about that to see if it is the same .

I do not mean bad about SA , just sharing my French feeling about ur team ...[/b]

Well, the only team in the world that has beaten us us more than we have beaten them, is New Zealand. We have a positive win ratio against every other team in the world.

In my opinion, Australia are not as good as we are. Especially not this year. New Zealand have always been the best, and i doubt that is ever going to change.

As for France, they are our achilles heal. No idea why, but they always seem to beat us.

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. France

4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. England

[/b][/quote]
When I think of the hardest oppersition for New Zealand to face I think South Africa...I think of a team which NZ will choke to it is France. South Africa and New Zealand have been the best rugby nations in the world for over a century, each having dominance at different times. New Zealand play a nice game, but South Africa seem to have the greatest extremes in the word. The biggest forwards, fastest wingers, biggest kickers etc. New Zealand plays slightly differently, with more an all round talent in players. Australia are a worst team to lose to in Rugby for New Zealand in my opinion, because of a rivalry, however I think Australians usually come up against us with the attitude that they are under dogs, where as South Africa back themselves.

South Africa
All Blacks have won 42 times, South Africa have won 33 times, 3 draws.
Australia
All Blacks have won 92 times, Australia have won 39 times, 5 draws.
France
All Blacks have won 36 times, France have won 12 times, 1 draw
England
All Blacks have won 26 times, England have won 6 times, 1 draw

It shows that out of the teams who have beaten us in history (and those are the only national teams aside from the Lions) South Africa is out biggest challenge, and it has all ways been so. They have the best victory record aside from New Zealand. I think they are also the most respected team in New Zealand, so I think it is a bit unfair to say they are in the same group as Ireland, England, Wales and below Australia. I mean I respect many teams, but South Africa's record speaks for itself, and let's not forget we lost to South Africa 3 times in a row (and perhaps will not hear the end of it).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 1 2009, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Dec 1 2009, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 1 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not clapping a team off is pretty pathetic. Either way, I presume you'll do the same when you play England, Scotland or Wales in the future yeah?

As is multiple citings from the Boks where the Irish let Bekkers knee to the back of Wallaces head go, and publicly calling Heaslip a gouger with no evidence in some form of retaliation for Heaslip calling Burger a gouger. Sad really.[/b]

I didn't hear you saying any of this when the Lions were moaning their asses off. Mike Phillips and BOD were absolute pricks after the series, and POC was just as bad. (1.)

As for the gouging, who exactly made these claims? Do you know? It sounds like a farce to me, and it's got jack **** to do with our players.

Also, quite frankly, i wouldn't have clapped off the Irish either after what their media had to say about us in the build up. Gouger this, dirty that, thug this, hooligan that. (2.)
[/b][/quote]

I decided Sunday that I wasn't going to get into any of this argueing if or when it happened because it's pointless but here goes:

1. Yeah, I remember that. After the first test Phillips said they could have won and maybe should have won and some Saffers decided that he was whinging because he lost which was a bit daft because all he was saying was "we should have won it (but we blew it)" and not some great conspiracy against the glorious nation of South Africa with all of it's rugby splender.

You might have more of a point on the Heaslip and O'Driscoll thing in relation to complaining about Burger and now the IRFU complaining about the Heaslip citing. Difference is that every saw Burger stick his fingers in his eyes whereas nobody saw anything to do with Heaslip and Brussouw. And I don't think there'd be a complaint from the IRFU but (a) The usual procedure when something is pointed out to the citing commissioner is that you tell him and not the media and then the name comes out if there's an actual citing because you need evidence (new word for you) before you go tarnishing someone's career with that accusation, and (B) The Bokke management made 2 more accusations (though at least these were unnamed) that they end up dropping before the day was out. All seems a bit suspicious to me and not at all well handled and hence the IRFU complaining. Though I'd rather they'd let it go.

I don't get the compliant about O'Connell, maybe I've missed something and if you find me an interview then I'm happy to accept I'm wrong but the worst thing I remember him saying was either (a) P Divvy was acting like a spa. Which he was or (B) Our chances were dealt a blow by injuries (which they were) or © We should have won the second test before going on to tell the interview who asked "did the best team win?" - "ah, of course, the best team is the team that wins". Which is all very wrong.

Happy to be proved wrong on any of the above. Perhaps Gatland was complaining, but that's to be expected.

2. I was watching out for that in the Irish media. None of the words "gouger, dirty, hooligan, or thug" appeared in the (Irish) Times or the (Irish) Indipendant at any point. Nor the examiner

There have been references to when Burger gouged Fitzgerald, but none have called him 'a gouger', merely pointed out that he did gouge.

The Indipendant used the word "Bully" refering to the physical attitude rather than any type of bad attitude. They used the word physical alot. In Praise rather than anything other way. "The Boks are a physical side, Ireland will need to front up and improve on their breakdown performance against the Aussies" - That kind of thing.

My advice to you - Stop reading tabloids if that's where you're getting it.

I'll admit there having plenty of complaints about South Africa putting Heaslip's name out without any evidence. But guess what, they're right.

People don't use names w/o something to back it up. In any other profession it would fall foul of the Defamation Act.

And don't complain about us because your coach has a bad attitude.

And a few people are getting ahead of themselves about where Ireland are at. We don't have a tighthead. Out Loosehead isn't a top notch scrumager (yet). All our scrumhalves run hot and cold. We need a better inside centre...Wallace and D'Arcy are way behind the standard of the rest of the outside backs at the moment. And we don't have an out and out 7. For 40 minutes we were playing with 3 number 8s in the back row on Saturday.

Edit: Those smilies with sunglasses are meant to be the letter B in a bracket
[/b][/quote]

Also didn't feel the need to reply but need to emphasise some points, while the Irish media are no saints in the buildup all the articles making these claims about the South Africans were appearing in the South African media taking selected quotes and putting them out of context with the entire article. Heaslip's complaints about Burger were the only semblance of criticism towards the Boks in the buildup, all the players were paying lip service to the Boks, yet the South African media obviously felt no need to report that.

As monkeypigeon already said calling a side a bully is a compliment and something Ireland did at stages on Saturday, to our credit, but it seems to have a negative connotation when associated with the Boks, not one I'd share, there's dirty elements to all teams and we're no different.

I feel the effort to cite Heaslip was a ploy to use up the time of the citing commissioner so Bekker and Pietersen wouldn't be cited, afterall they only have 24 hours to look at footage before making their recommendation. No doubt I'll be accused of being cynical on that one, but I've always been a cynic in fairness. The IRB really need to look at the citing issue for June and November tests. The commissioner needs to be able to determine for himself whether someone should be cited not the coaching staff of either side. There should obviously be the same citing committee employed for all test matches.

South Africa could have easily won on Saturday, their kicking game was a disaster but once they ran the ball in the last quarter they looked much more threatening and but for Kearney's tackle on the Beast a certain try would have been scored and momentum would have been there to kick on and win the game. So in light of that if a South African comes out and says he felt they could/should have won the game are we to accuse him of being a whinger or a sore loser, I certainly wouldn't.

One thing though it's becoming increasingly difficult to find a well made balanced point, which is possible despite supporting one of the countries in question, it's what has made TRF that bit more appealing than other places.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 2 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Dec 1 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not clapping a team off is pretty pathetic. Either way, I presume you'll do the same when you play England, Scotland or Wales in the future yeah?

As is multiple citings from the Boks where the Irish let Bekkers knee to the back of Wallaces head go, and publicly calling Heaslip a gouger with no evidence in some form of retaliation for Heaslip calling Burger a gouger. Sad really.[/b]

I didn't hear you saying any of this when the Lions were moaning their asses off. Mike Phillips and BOD were absolute pricks after the series, and POC was just as bad. (1.)

As for the gouging, who exactly made these claims? Do you know? It sounds like a farce to me, and it's got jack **** to do with our players.

Also, quite frankly, i wouldn't have clapped off the Irish either after what their media had to say about us in the build up. Gouger this, dirty that, thug this, hooligan that. (2.)
[/b][/quote]

I decided Sunday that I wasn't going to get into any of this argueing if or when it happened because it's pointless but here goes:

1. Yeah, I remember that. After the first test Phillips said they could have won and maybe should have won and some Saffers decided that he was whinging because he lost which was a bit daft because all he was saying was "we should have won it (but we blew it)" and not some great conspiracy against the glorious nation of South Africa with all of it's rugby splender.

You might have more of a point on the Heaslip and O'Driscoll thing in relation to complaining about Burger and now the IRFU complaining about the Heaslip citing. Difference is that every saw Burger stick his fingers in his eyes whereas nobody saw anything to do with Heaslip and Brussouw. And I don't think there'd be a complaint from the IRFU but (a) The usual procedure when something is pointed out to the citing commissioner is that you tell him and not the media and then the name comes out if there's an actual citing because you need evidence (new word for you) before you go tarnishing someone's career with that accusation, and ( B) The Bokke management made 2 more accusations (though at least these were unnamed) that they end up dropping before the day was out. All seems a bit suspicious to me and not at all well handled and hence the IRFU complaining. Though I'd rather they'd let it go.

I don't get the compliant about O'Connell, maybe I've missed something and if you find me an interview then I'm happy to accept I'm wrong but the worst thing I remember him saying was either (a) P Divvy was acting like a spa. Which he was or ( B) Our chances were dealt a blow by injuries (which they were) or © We should have won the second test before going on to tell the interview who asked "did the best team win?" - "ah, of course, the best team is the team that wins". Which is all very wrong.

Happy to be proved wrong on any of the above. Perhaps Gatland was complaining, but that's to be expected.

2. I was watching out for that in the Irish media. None of the words "gouger, dirty, hooligan, or thug" appeared in the (Irish) Times or the (Irish) Indipendant at any point. Nor the examiner

There have been references to when Burger gouged Fitzgerald, but none have called him 'a gouger', merely pointed out that he did gouge.

The Indipendant used the word "Bully" refering to the physical attitude rather than any type of bad attitude. They used the word physical alot. In Praise rather than anything other way. "The Boks are a physical side, Ireland will need to front up and improve on their breakdown performance against the Aussies" - That kind of thing.

I'll admit there having plenty of complaints about South Africa putting Heaslip's name out without any evidence. But guess what, they're right.

People don't use names w/o something to back it up. In any other profession it would fall foul of the Defamation Act.

And a few people are getting ahead of themselves about where Ireland are at. We don't have a tighthead. Out Loosehead isn't a top notch scrumager (yet). All our scrumhalves run hot and cold. We need a better inside centre...Wallace and D'Arcy are way behind the standard of the rest of the outside backs at the moment. And we don't have an out and out 7. For 40 minutes we were playing with 3 number 8s in the back row on Saturday.

[/b][/quote]

So just cause there is no Footage of the gouge it never happened. Suppose Woodcock was lying as well. Wow you Irish boys(on this website) really have an angleic view of all things Irish. Apparently the Irish guys on the tour were very poor sports; none of the other nations were blamed just the Irish, so a little food for thought.

SA hardly ever cites other players but this time they just decided to lie right? SA have never been blamed for being poor sports after the game, maybe physical and over the top some times but hardly murders.

If you think that only SA players are dirty look no further than the Quinlin incident were he tried to remove the Leinster locks eye! He was also selected for the Lions tour so hardly a low profile player.

Take the blinkers off boys open your eyes and trust me this is rugby all sorts of things happen at the bottom of rucks tht are not caught on camera that go unpunished. One example Ronan practically being strangled to death at the bottom of one ruck that could not be proved as the footage of the incident was unclear.

Dry your eyes enough of the :cryy:

given the amount of cameras there are at an international test match, it's fairly safe to assume that they're going to catch most incidents, especially those at the the breakdown where there'll be at least 3 different angles to look at.

Nobody here has claimed that the Irish players are saints, plenty of us here have castigated our own players in the past so I don't see what your point is.

Teams only have the chance to cite in the June and Novemeber tests, it's down to the commissioner for the Tri Nations, so using the claim that SA hardly ever cites doesn't wash given that more than half of their tests take place in the Tri Nations. The claims were pathetic, but I'm just being biased now because I'm Irish :rolleyes:

Your argument is so spurious, just because Quinlan was banned for gouging means we don't have the right to criticise Burger or any other player for that matter for the same offence, you'll be telling me next we can't criticise the All Blacks just because we've never beaten them. :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 2 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
given the amount of cameras there are at an international test match, it's fairly safe to assume that they're going to catch most incidents, especially those at the the breakdown where there'll be at least 3 different angles to look at.

Nobody here has claimed that the Irish players are saints, plenty of us here have castigated our own players in the past so I don't see what your point is.

Teams only have the chance to cite in the June and Novemeber tests, it's down to the commissioner for the Tri Nations, so using the claim that SA hardly ever cites doesn't wash given that more than half of their tests take place in the Tri Nations. The claims were pathetic, but I'm just being biased now because I'm Irish :rolleyes:

Your argument is so spurious, just because Quinlan was banned for gouging means we don't have the right to criticise Burger or any other player for that matter for the same offence, you'll be telling me next we can't criticise the All Blacks just because we've never beaten them. :lol:[/b]

You say it yourself; "most incidents" which does not equate to all whatsoever, especially considering the circumstances. Saying that SA not citing in the past comes down to only half the tests falling into this category is also clutching at straws. If you want to qualify this, name instances where SA has in the past cited in this window. I can tell you that there are precious little.

As for the example of Quinlan I don't think my fellow countryman wanted to say one can't blame Burger for his stupidity as half of SA did, I think he is merely pointing out that this is no isolated incident and one needs too look at your own house before throughing stones.

As for this insistance that Heaslip is innocent; it comes accross to me as childish and simpleminded. I know Saffers are dumb and thuggish, yes (and we must be past help this coming from the Irish) but just suspend your disbelieve for a second and consider that Heaslip might have actually gotten fingers to the eyes of Brussouw and that Brussouw rubbing his eyes and Bekker retaliating might not be a conspiracy cooked up on the field by SA.

Rating Aus 4rth is a bit unfair I think. Historically speaking -to my mind- this is what the rankings look like (not claiming any accuracy);

1 NZ
2 SA
3 AUS
4 ENG
5 FRA
the rest with IRE and WAL getting honorable mention

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Dec 1 2009, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
SA's problem might be they see themselves as a law unto themselves. Not clapping a team off, silly armbands protesting a citation, raising fists against players on the floor? Rugby is a game of laws and tradition, and that's not rugby. Suggests they can't see where they really stand. Know thyself, glasshoppa.

Ireland are a speedbump to the SH really - we have very little chance of stringing three big wins together against them in a single competition. But we know how to beat SA three times in a row. Hehehe.[/b]

I love how Irish fans edit their experiences; "raising fists against players on the floor" ROTMOFL. Have a look at that incident again and see why BOD was on the floor in the first place after having a go himself. As for not clapping a team off, I think this comes form the B&I Lions as a *** for tat and I think is fair enough considering Heaslips gouging and the Irish pretty much representing the 2009 B&I Lions IMO.

The armband thing was a bit of sillyness to be fair but comes all the way from the S14 and that frustration should be seen in its totality and not just because Bakkies got a raw deal.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 2 2009, 08:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Dec 2 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

You might have more of a point on the Heaslip and O'Driscoll thing in relation to complaining about Burger and now the IRFU complaining about the Heaslip citing. Difference is that every saw Burger stick his fingers in his eyes whereas nobody saw anything to do with Heaslip and Brussouw. And I don't think there'd be a complaint from the IRFU but (a) The usual procedure when something is pointed out to the citing commissioner is that you tell him and not the media and then the name comes out if there's an actual citing because you need evidence (new word for you) before you go tarnishing someone's career with that accusation, and ( B) The Bokke management made 2 more accusations (though at least these were unnamed) that they end up dropping before the day was out. All seems a bit suspicious to me and not at all well handled and hence the IRFU complaining. Though I'd rather they'd let it go.

I don't get the compliant about O'Connell, maybe I've missed something and if you find me an interview then I'm happy to accept I'm wrong but the worst thing I remember him saying was either (a) P Divvy was acting like a spa. Which he was or ( B) Our chances were dealt a blow by injuries (which they were) or © We should have won the second test before going on to tell the interview who asked "did the best team win?" - "ah, of course, the best team is the team that wins". Which is all very wrong.

[/b][/quote]

So just cause there is no Footage of the gouge it never happened. Suppose Woodcock was lying as well. Wow you Irish boys(on this website) really have an angleic view of all things Irish. Apparently the Irish guys on the tour were very poor sports; none of the other nations were blamed just the Irish, so a little food for thought.

SA hardly ever cites other players but this time they just decided to lie right? SA have never been blamed for being poor sports after the game, maybe physical and over the top some times but hardly murders.

If you think that only SA players are dirty look no further than the Quinlin incident were he tried to remove the Leinster locks eye! He was also selected for the Lions tour so hardly a low profile player.

Take the blinkers off boys open your eyes and trust me this is rugby all sorts of things happen at the bottom of rucks tht are not caught on camera that go unpunished. One example Ronan practically being strangled to death at the bottom of one ruck that could not be proved as the footage of the incident was unclear.

Dry your eyes enough of the :cryy:
[/b][/quote]

Nobody said iy didn't happen. what I said was that you can't accuse peoiple of doing something dirty w/o evidence. YES I KNOW you don't know if there's evidence or not untill the citing comissioner looks at the tapes but you wait untill he (the citing commissioner) says something rather than going to the media.

Maybe he did gouge, maybe he didn't, like you said we'll never know. But THERE'S A PROPER WAY OF DOING THINGS AND IT WAS IGNORED and that's my point.

And we may have blinkers but South Africans seem to have a fantastic talent for selective reading. Tarbh just saif that we have plenty of dirty players and you keep on insisting that our medai call your players dirty when we've all just made it clear that we don't. It's just YOUR media at their selective reading.

Though I'm sure you'll read this and only pick up the words 'gouge' and 'dirty' and have a go over that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Dec 2 2009, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your argument is so spurious, just because Quinlan was banned for gouging means we don't have the right to criticise Burger or any other player for that matter for the same offence, you'll be telling me next we can't criticise the All Blacks just because we've never beaten them. :lol:[/b]

You say it yourself; "most incidents" which does not equate to all whatsoever, especially considering the circumstances. Saying that SA not citing in the past comes down to only half the tests falling into this category is also clutching at straws. If you want to qualify this, name instances where SA has in the past cited in this window. I can tell you that there are precious little.

As for the example of Quinlan I don't think my fellow countryman wanted to say one can't blame Burger for his stupidity as half of SA did, I think he is merely pointing out that this is no isolated incident and one needs too look at your own house before throughing stones.

As for this insistance that Heaslip is innocent; it comes accross to me as childish and simpleminded. I know Saffers are dumb and thuggish, yes (and we must be past help this coming from the Irish) but just suspend your disbelieve for a second and consider that Heaslip might have actually gotten fingers to the eyes of Brussouw and that Brussouw rubbing his eyes and Bekker retaliating might not be a conspiracy cooked up on the field by SA.
[/b][/quote]

your basically telling me to do what I've already done.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 2 2009, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

didn't actually read that last bit, so Bekker was retaliating by kneeing Wallace in the back for an alleged eye gouge by Heaslip in the first half, well if that's not thick I don't know what is. Yes I'll consider that Heaslip may have done something but I find it highly unlikely that the cameras would have missed it, given the multiple angles of the breakdown that are available, so no it's not clutching at straws it's accepting the reality of the situation.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 2 2009, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

Exactly.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Dec 2 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bernard @ Dec 2 2009, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. New Zealand
2. South Africa
3. France

4. Australia
5. Ireland
6. England

[/b][/quote]

You are right if you look at total results since international match exists , SA is second without doubt . But if you look at numbers , England and australia is above FR . I think there is several existing perspective to judge that sort of thing : a feeling perspective or a result perspective ...in both case it will be subjective i think because a feeling is like a feeling , it is subjectif and for results it is quite mathematics and it does not care about old period time or last few years period of time where we can have different results finally if we take the 10 last years or the 100 last years . Somehow in FR , we fear more England than South Africa , does not mean that they play better rugby but we fear them more than you for a lot of reasons . For Australia it is the same (though it is strange as overall you have beaten us more than Australia ...i think that comes from their running style of rugby that we fear and admire at the same time )...

About SA there is something else that plays a bit too : during some years , there was a boycott against SA about rugby so maybe we do not have so much memories about SA as we have with australia or AB ...

YEah so finally it is a difficult talk because subjective ;)

Let's look at world rankings:

South Africa dominate the world until the autumn, where they lose away to France and Ireland.

New Zealand lose at home to France, 3 times to SA but beat everyone else.

Australia lose to everyone but beat England and Wales, and draw with Ireland.

Ireland beat all of Europe, draw with Aus and beat South Africa

France beat NZ and SA but also lost to NZ.

Wales and England achieve very little.

my world rankings:

1. New Zealand - they've finished the strongest
2. South Africa - great year but finished weakly
3. Ireland - they've done very little wrong
4. France - on their day they can beat anyone
5. Australia - have shown glimpses of being a world class team
6. England - scrape ahead of Wales thanks to a better 6N performance, seeing as both had shitty autumns.
7. Wales
8. Argentina
9. Scotland
10. Italy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 2 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
As for not clapping a team off, I think this comes form the B&I Lions as a *** for tat and I think is fair enough considering Heaslips gouging and the Irish pretty much representing the 2009 B&I Lions IMO.[/b]

Which never f***ing happened you fool!

As far as I can see it was a character assassination attempt by your genius team because Heaslip had the nerve to criticize Burger and the tiny slap on the wrist ban he was given.

This kind of stuff along with the Armband incident and you r coach saying there is nothing wrong with a bit of gouging is turning the Boks in to a laughing stock

There was only one obvious instance of foul play in that match, Bekker holding a prone player on the floor and dropping his knee in the to back of his head, which deserved a straight red card. I don't here the Irish whinging or asking the Citing commissioner to investigate.

Man up.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 2 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for not clapping a team off, I think this comes form the B&I Lions as a *** for tat and I think is fair enough considering Heaslips gouging and the Irish pretty much representing the 2009 B&I Lions IMO.[/b]

1. Which never f***ing happened you fool!

As far as I can see it was a character assassination attempt by your genius team because Heaslip had the nerve to criticize Burger and the tiny slap on the wrist ban he was given.

2. This kind of stuff along with the Armband incident and you r coach saying there is nothing wrong with a bit of gouging is turning the Boks in to a laughing stock

There was only one obvious instance of foul play in that match, Bekker holding a prone player on the floor and dropping his knee in the to back of his head, which deserved a straight red card. I don't here the Irish whinging or asking the Citing commissioner to investigate.

3. Man up.
[/b][/quote]
1. age?
2.In your eyes bud all my mates from NZ, FRA, ENG, Wales,IRE etc rate the Boks.
3. we try but then you boys start crying.

Can't we all just get along? There's a lot of bs flying around in this thread.

Basic courtesy in rugby demands that you clap the other team off the pitch no matter what went on. If one player allegedly eye gouges, is that reason enough to disrespect the other 21 players on his squad who haven't? Two wrongs don't make a right. I hope this doesn't become a thing of the past.

Originally posted by TheBokke
Well the whole innocent until proven guilty jazz would seem to say so yes.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 2 2009, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Dec 3 2009, 02:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Dec 2 2009, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1. Which never f***ing happened you fool!

2. This kind of stuff along with the Armband incident and you r coach saying there is nothing wrong with a bit of gouging is turning the Boks in to a laughing stock

3. Man up.
[/b][/quote]
1. age?
2.In your eyes bud all my mates from NZ, FRA, ENG, Wales,IRE etc rate the Boks.
3. we try but then you boys start crying.
[/b][/quote]

Love the way you completely ignore the Boks foul play to **** and moan about unfounded allegations against Heaslip.

SA are winning themselves no friends with their current style of play and attitude.

"Manning Up" doesn't involve gouging, late hits, armbands, or refusal to acknowledge long-established rugby tradition. Any moron can run around a pitch gouging and fouling people.

Latest posts