• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

Schalk, my post was about as biased as yours was, if yours wasn't, mine wasnt either ;)

Good call moving Bowe to 13, but Sexton has to start. I'd have D'Arcy ahead of McFadden too.

O'Driscoll will play. Hes been looking forward to this match for a long time and he always sits out at least one day of training with a pretend injury.

I definately think D'Arcy ha sto start at 12, hes stronger and in my opinion better player than Paddy Wallace. This is vital as with du Preez at scrumhalf SA back row is going to fancy a rumble. It is going to be a very interesting contest all over the pitch, but Ireland have to do better at the breakdown and the collision than they did against Australia if they'r egoing to win.

Already 4 pages and the game is still 5 days away. This could be the most debated game ever.

Yeah, I wish the Saffers would shut up and let the Irish have a say!

On a serious note, they've picked a famous pair of artists to perform the Saffer anthemibob this time round:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWwW_DYmxEw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OWwW_DYmxEw&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

You mean the South African embassy has picked them.

They're blonde shur, they're practically South African ja?

Oh dear heavens no, I would shoot somebody if that ever happens.

Trust the English public to allow a pair of knobs like them to actually win a talent contest. Good going you ***s.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 23 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Another excuse, each of those players are over rated, couldnt see many of them getting into the Irish team to be honest.[/b]

The entire Irish squad is overrated if you ask me... Sometimes a good team, but never quite up there with the best are you? My point is, at full strength, we can destroy any team in the world. But when we lose as many players as we have, and our coach continues to play guys out of position, as well as guys out of form, we just aren't the team we should be.

Put a full strength South African team against a Full strength Irish team, and i would back us to win every game.

So glad I found a forum with more Irish supporters to irritate! LOL

Firstly I really hope that SA win - even though they are wounded, leg weary and battle worn!
Secondly, I must say I find this forum a tad mild - you lot of fans seem very "kind" compared to the lot on the Superrugby forum!! Would be nice to get a more EXCITED about the match on Saturday.....

So, do the Irish really hate the Springboks that much??

Also, maybe someone can help - will Ireland be wearing white shirts on Saturday?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catswhiskers @ Nov 24 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So glad I found a forum with more Irish supporters to irritate! LOL

Firstly I really hope that SA win - even though they are wounded, leg weary and battle worn!
Secondly, I must say I find this forum a tad mild - you lot of fans seem very "kind" compared to the lot on the Superrugby forum!! Would be nice to get a more EXCITED about the match on Saturday.....

So, do the Irish really hate the Springboks that much??

Also, maybe someone can help - will Ireland be wearing white shirts on Saturday?[/b]

yeah we'll be wearing white, it's the match at Lansdowne next year when we won't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The entire Irish squad is overrated if you ask me...[/b]
Wasnt it Jake White who said the same a few years ago before we gave you lot a good Spankin.

You guys think the same of all teams except the AB's. Its your way, and a lot of the time your right, just recently against us you havent been and this weekend you wont be. The funny thing is, judging by the adsense of the regular Bok posters, the SA fans know whats coming too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catswhiskers @ Nov 24 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
even though they are wounded, leg weary and battle worn![/b]
Blah blah blah more excuses

So, do the Irish really hate the Springboks that much??[/b]
Twice weve seen Bok posters ask why the Irish hate the Boks. Dont for the life of me see where thats coming from, no one on this forum is talking like that.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
You guys think the same of all teams except the AB's. Its your way, and a lot of the time your right, just recently against us you havent been and this weekend you wont be. The funny thing is, judging by the adsense of the regular Bok posters, the SA fans know whats coming too.[/b]

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 09:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You guys think the same of all teams except the AB's. Its your way, and a lot of the time your right, just recently against us you havent been and this weekend you wont be. The funny thing is, judging by the adsense of the regular Bok posters, the SA fans know whats coming too.[/b]

Don't count your chickens before they hatch...

[/b][/quote]

I'm with the Saffer on this one. If you're counting chickens before the hatch you should at least start baking a humble pie in advance, just in case it all goes wrong.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 24 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm with the Saffer on this one. If you're counting chickens before the hatch you should at least start baking a humble pie in advance, just in case it all goes wrong.[/b]

I'm just trying a different approach this AI series. I have imaginatively called it the "South African approach" in which you dissmiss all opposition as inferior for no other reason then because you want to. When you win ........ well its not surprising, you were always going to win. When you lose its because of the referee, politics, the coach etc. Either way, you dont eat humble pie, your a South African!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 24 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with the Saffer on this one. If you're counting chickens before the hatch you should at least start baking a humble pie in advance, just in case it all goes wrong.[/b]

I'm just trying a different approach this AI series. I have imaginatively called it the "South African approach" in which you dissmiss all opposition as inferior for no other reason then because you want to. When you win ........ well its not surprising, you were always going to win. When you lose its because of the referee, politics, the coach etc. Either way, you dont eat humble pie, your a South African!
[/b][/quote]

I had a feeling that that was happening. And to be honest I think I'll join you because we're better than them at it.

We'll beat them on and off the rugby pitch.

In other news....P Divvy is at it again:

“Rugby is like any other sport. It is like swimming, you just get wetter in swimming than rugby." - It's getting worse.

(press conference yesterday)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 24 2009, 10:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 24 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

I had a feeling that that was happening. And to be honest I think I'll join you because we're better than them at it.

We'll beat them on and off the rugby pitch.

In other news....P Divvy is at it again:

“Rugby is like any other sport. It is like swimming, you just get wetter in swimming than rugby." - It's getting worse.

(press conference yesterday)
[/b][/quote]

Oh I dunno, the game I saw on sunday probably got you wetter than a 100m butterfly. And I was only watching it.

Donner. If those twins sing, I hope the Boks leave the field. Where can one find out who will sing, though?

Likely Bok line-up considering ****les and injury to FdP, Burger, Jacobs, du Plessis, Strauss, vd Linde, Kirschner & Bakkies. These players should be allowed to rest. Not such important a game and it would be silly to risk aggrevating their injuries at this stage IMO.

Beast Smit BJ Botha - ironically a better front row
Bekker Matfield - will miss Bakkies but our line out will be insane. hope our kicks will be for touch; to take the Irish backline out of it and put pressure on the line-out if the ref has an eye out for skew throughing that is.
Brussouw Rossouw Burger/Deysel - decent if the weather turn foul
Ruan Pienaar/Hougaard - would have preferred Sarel pretorius or Vermaak personally
Morne Steyn
Wynand Olivier Jacque Fourie with de Jongh on the bench?
Habana Where the back three is concerned it depends on if PdV opts for Pienaar at 15 (God forbid) or if he opts to bring in Riaan Viljoen or even play Pietersen at the back and put someone like Hougaard on the wing. Hopefully not Nokwe or Ndungane.

Bench then
Wian du Preez
WP Nel? seeing as he is coming up for the Barbarians and BJ can cover hooker
please not Hargreaves. rather move Rossouw to lock and get extra back row cover like Kanko
Deysel/Burger
? depends on the shuffle caused by Kirschner
? depends on the shuffle caused by Kirschner
de Jongh

Still not a bad squad. Will miss especially du Preez, du Plessis and Bakkies and I hope the fact that PDiv make some awful selections with the midweekers don't mean that some of the lesser of these guys get called up ahead of the better players back home, especially in the halfback, loose forward, wing and second row departments.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

[/b][/quote]

True that. If we eat pie then its wildsvleis pastei or a dodgy pie at the petrol station if you're still out at 4am and hungry. One thing you must admit is that PdV does make reading what was said at press conferences worth the while; it is bound to leave you feel like there are still things out there not fully understood and I prefer that to the same old formulaic ?diplomatasism? usually heard pre-match.

Latest posts