• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm just trying a different approach this AI series. I have imaginatively called it the "South African approach" in which you dissmiss all opposition as inferior for no other reason then because THEY ARE. When you win ........ well its not surprising, you were ALWAYS going to win. When you lose its because of the referee, politics, the coach etc. Either way South Africans are AWESOME, and make the best friggin pie evarZorz!!!!!!1111!!!!!One1!!!!!1![/b]

B)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (stormer2010 @ Nov 24 2009, 10:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Nov 24 2009, 10:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm with the Saffer on this one. If you're counting chickens before the hatch you should at least start baking a humble pie in advance, just in case it all goes wrong.[/b]

I'm just trying a different approach this AI series. I have imaginatively called it the "South African approach" in which you dissmiss all opposition as inferior for no other reason then because you want to. When you win ........ well its not surprising, you were always going to win. When you lose its because of the referee, politics, the coach etc. Either way, you dont eat humble pie, your a South African!
[/b][/quote]

True that. If we eat pie then its wildsvleis pastei or a dodgy pie at the petrol station if you're still out at 4am and hungry. One thing you must admit is that PdV does make reading what was said at press conferences worth the while; it is bound to leave you feel like there are still things out there not fully understood and I prefer that to the same old formulaic ?diplomatasism? usually heard pre-match.
[/b][/quote]

Diplomacy?

and I always feel the same about pundits. Maybe once or twice a year they'll tell me something I don't already know and spend the rest of their time hypeing the wrong players, I'd rather have an entertaining panel like we have on RTÉ, where George Hook says something annoying and Brent Pope laughs at him and Conor O'Shea tries to be reasonable and gets ignored.

What a banter!

It's the same with Eamon Dunphy for the soccer.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I ate my cat[/b]

According to SA rugby Burgers eye gouge is still only an alleged gouge, Ireland are Henry like in their cheating, and South Africa are suffering from both mental and physical fatigue. Bunch of women.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 05:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The entire Irish squad is overrated if you ask me...[/b]
Wasnt it Jake White who said the same a few years ago before we gave you lot a good Spankin.

You guys think the same of all teams except the AB's. Its your way, and a lot of the time your right, just recently against us you havent been and this weekend you wont be. The funny thing is, judging by the adsense of the regular Bok posters, the SA fans know whats coming too.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catswhiskers @ Nov 24 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
even though they are wounded, leg weary and battle worn![/b]
Blah blah blah more excuses

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Catswhiskers @ Nov 24 2009, 06:23 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So, do the Irish really hate the Springboks that much??[/b]
Twice weve seen Bok posters ask why the Irish hate the Boks. Dont for the life of me see where thats coming from, no one on this forum is talking like that.
[/b][/quote]

HA! I saw exactly the same thing coming from you lot after the Lions tour! Aren't you just a dirty hypocrite then. B)

Stop making me hungry with all this talk of wildsvleis pie... man I could do with some Kudu pie...

or biltong, HAH! We have biltong.

One reason to feel superior to the Irish.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Opperstopper @ Nov 24 2009, 11:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Stop making me hungry with all this talk of wildsvleis pie... man I could do with some Kudu pie...

or biltong, HAH! We have biltong.

One reason to feel superior to the Irish.[/b]

I do like biltong, not had it for a while.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Nov 24 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
HA! I saw exactly the same thing coming from you lot after the Lions tour! Aren't you just a dirty hypocrite then. B)[/b]

Not at all. Our reasoned debate came out AFTER the ref f***ed us over. You lot know your gonna get beaten and are throwing excuses around like confetti before the match has even started.

One thing we said aftyer the Lions tour was that we'll see you all in Croke Park. Now here we are and your conceeding before the build up has actually begun.

Its brilliant.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 12:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just trying a different approach this AI series. I have imaginatively called it the "South African approach" in which you dissmiss all opposition as inferior for no other reason then because THEY ARE. When you win ........ well its not surprising, you were ALWAYS going to win. When you lose its because of the referee, politics, the coach etc. Either way South Africans are AWESOME, and make the best friggin pie evarZorz!!!!!!1111!!!!!One1!!!!!1![/b]

B)
[/b][/quote]
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: you cant bullsh*t a bullsh*tter..... you speak from experience I am sure LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (KZNSharksFan @ Nov 24 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HA! I saw exactly the same thing coming from you lot after the Lions tour! Aren't you just a dirty hypocrite then. B)[/b]

Not at all. Our reasoned debate came out AFTER the ref f***ed us over. You lot know your gonna get beaten and are throwing excuses around like confetti before the match has even started.

One thing we said aftyer the Lions tour was that we'll see you all in Croke Park. Now here we are and your conceeding before the build up has actually begun.

Its brilliant.
[/b][/quote]
LOL - He is a bad hypocrite he is!! and to be quite honest there are plenty of instances where the ref had made bad calls, costing teams a win! Still hope BOKKE kick Irish ass :D

I have read too many damning reports about the Boks on the the e-news websites. The Irish are certainly in to antagonise the Boks - but it doesnt seem to be working so far. Hey maybe after the game the Irish will invite the Bokke for a pint....... or even worse the Bokke may offer to share the Champers with the Irish HA HA HA HA HA.........

It's official, Sexton starting, O'Gara on the bench.
http://www.irishrugby.ie/13910_19020.php
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
15 - Rob Kearney (UCD/Leinster)
14 - Tommy Bowe (Ospreys)
13 - Brian O'Driscoll (UCD/Leinster) (capt)
12 - Paddy Wallace (Ballymena/Ulster)
11 - Keith Earls (Young Munster/Munster)
10 - Jonathan Sexton (St. Mary's College/Leinster)
9 - Tomas O'Leary (Dolphin/Munster)

1 - Cian Healy (Clontarf/Leinster)
2 - Jerry Flannery (Shannon/Munster)
3 - John Hayes (Bruff/Munster)
4 - Donncha O'Callaghan (Cork Constitution/Munster)
5 - Paul O'Connell (Young Munster/Munster)
6 - Stephen Ferris (Dungannon/Ulster)
7 - David Wallace (Garryowen/Munster)
8 - Jamie Heaslip (Naas/Leinster)

Replacements: 16 - Sean Cronin (Buccaneers/Connacht)
17 -Tony Buckley (Shannon/Munster)
18 - Leo Cullen (Blackrock College/Leinster)
19 - Denis Leamy (Cork Constitution/Munster)
20 - Peter Stringer (Shannon/Munster)
21 - Ronan O'Gara (Cork Constitution/Munster)
22 - Gordon D'Arcy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
[/b]

1. Healy
2. Cronin
3. Hayes
4. O'Callaghan
5. O'Connell
6. Ferris
7. D. Wallace
8. Heaslip

9. O'Leary
10. Sexton (!!!!!!)

11. Earls
12. P. Wallace
13. O'Driscoll
14. Bowe
15. Kearney

Sexton starts. Let us never doubt Declan Kidney again.

Edit: Well someone got there first, but I really can't wait for this match now!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HURRAH!

SORRY SAFFERS BUT THAT'S THIS GAME DONE AND DUSTED!

Now back to reality. Good call Kidney. Had a sneaking suspicion he might start him, just due to the fact that every didn't think he would, This means we'll be looking to take on the Boks out wide and while I would have prefered to see D'arcy out there, I don't think it really matters when we have the sexiest 10 in the world inside him (heh no pun intended).

WOOP!

P.S. Stringer and Buckley on the bench? Weird.

I Reckon if he has another stormer, it could be the end for ROG - will probably go along the lines of Humphreys/ROG scenario that we had at the start of his career.

Nah, I doubt Deccie will want to leave him out in the cold coming up to a world cup, he's still our second best option by a decent bit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 24 2009, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
SSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

WE'RE GONNA WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HURRAH!

SORRY SAFFERS BUT THAT'S THIS GAME DONE AND DUSTED!

Now back to reality. Good call Kidney. Had a sneaking suspicion he might start him, just due to the fact that every didn't think he would, This means we'll be looking to take on the Boks out wide and while I would have prefered to see D'arcy out there, I don't think it really matters when we have the sexiest 10 in the world inside him (heh no pun intended).

WOOP!

P.S. Stringer and Buckley on the bench? Weird.[/b]

I was suprirsed by the Buckley, Stringer thing too.

But then again, Stringer provided the option of a different sort of player coming off the bench as opposed to a very similar player with Reddan. And we're gonna get owned in the scrum anyway so if that's happening we may aswell bring on someone who can can clear out a ruck.

i guese bukly becues he had a prety good game off thr beanch but no clue about stinger

I already thought South Africa had no chance in this game. Now I know that's the case with Sexton starting. South Africa won't know what hit them. Ireland by 30 if the Boks are lucky.

Afterwards they'll go running off home crying about fatigue, injuries, the ref etc. Perhaps they'll give up the sport and put on some of those tutus De Villiers speaks of because they'll no longer fancy being slapped all over the park by supreme Irish, French, Saracens reserve and Leicester reserve sides.

Wow you lot are going to feel like such idiots WHEN you lose on Saturday. I was hoping Sexton would start. He is going to choke big time when he plays against the big boys...

Latest posts