• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland v South Africa

ok lets be realist we not gnain by 30 points
but we actully now have chance of winning becues of Sexton

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wow you lot are going to feel like such idiots WHEN you lose on Saturday.[/b]
To be fair, you're probably right. South Africa have always beaten Ireland......apart from their last two visits to Dublin when they were humiliated.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 24 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
but we actully now have chance of winning becues of Sexton[/b]
Yeah I was wrong, 30 is just about stretching it. 20-25 points is more accurate.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 24 2009, 01:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 24 2009, 01:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but we actully now have chance of winning becues of Sexton[/b]
Yeah I was wrong, 30 is just about stretching it. 20-25 points is more accurate.
[/b][/quote]
ok ill go with that

Lads, there is no point playing the game now, SA might as well head off home :D

in Kidney we Trust.

The above is utter madness.

Great news though. The odds are at least 50/50 now.

Irish fans, if you fancy being pessimistic think

A soft 6 nation

drawing with a poor aus team

2/3 of our front row have played very little rugby and the other is on his 2nd cap
DOC is in average form
POC not at his best
breakdown a real area of concern, will sexton get any decent ball?

Against the world champs who've won everythin this year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Nov 24 2009, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 01:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow you lot are going to feel like such idiots WHEN you lose on Saturday.[/b]
To be fair, you're probably right. South Africa have always beaten Ireland......apart from their last two visits to Dublin when they were humiliated.
[/b][/quote]

Humiliated? Granted the last time we played, we were beaten good and proper! But before that we were f*cked over by a ref who told John Smit to talk to his team, then allowed a ROG quick tap which resulted in a try. We have never been 'humiliated' against the Irish. Even France, who were so dominant it's not even funny, only managed to beat us by 7 points.

There is everything to play for in this game, and it's just going to come down to whoever is more determined. Ireland want this game so badly. Revenge for the Lions, Team of the year, blah blah blah.

We just need to stick to what we know best, and play to our strengths.

Also, underestimating a Springbok team is one of the stupidest things you could ever do...

Even with Sexton at 10, I'd still be very worried if you field BJ Botha at tighthead on Saturday. A decent tighthead prop is all that Irish team needs consistently beat 3N opposition IMO.

Maybe poaching the Aussies Argentinian scrum coach wouldn't be a bad idea!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Leinsterrock @ Nov 24 2009, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the SA teams gna be out on thrusday
delayed becues of injirus[/b]

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. That's not supposed to be out until my excuse bag is full to the brim.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
But before that we were f*cked over by a ref who told John Smit to talk to his team, then allowed a ROG quick tap which resulted in a try.[/b]
Did you watch the Wales vs Argentina game last weekend. if not, take a look at how Fernandez Lobbe reacted to his Jones try. A gentleman. None of this whinging at the ref 5 years later!. You lot switched off, you lost.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jer1cho @ Nov 24 2009, 02:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
We have never been 'humiliated' against the Irish. Even France, who were so dominant it's not even funny, only managed to beat us by 7 points.[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjd7IHPpRyY&feature=fvw

(Love the way Leamy put Spies on his arse @ 1:13)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Nov 24 2009, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Even with Sexton at 10, I'd still be very worried if you field BJ Botha at tighthead on Saturday.[/b]
What kinda woman are you. Join us in the blind euphoria that is life as a South African rugby fan! You dont have to worry when you KNOW your going to win!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Nov 24 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What kinda woman are you. Join us in the blind euphoria that is life as a South African rugby fan! You dont have to worry when you KNOW your going to win![/b]

Uh, you trying to prove a point?

In 2004 there was nothing between the sides, i seem to remember the Irish try was a bit dodgy, last time though Ireland won easily although the Springboks included the likes of Bevin Fortuin and Hilton Lobberts. With Habana playing 13..

Not to mention De Villiers, Steyn, Januarie, Smit, Van Der Linde, Russow, Smith, Spies, Botha, Pienaar and Olivier.

Heh, a lot of pointless chest beating going on here. Ireland weren't setting the world alight with their recent performances. The draw against Australia is not much to go by and The Boks have been out of sorts on this tour (including the midweek woes). So neither side can lay claim to handing out some sort of thrashing. If we get our scrum right, i.e. Smit back at Hooker and BJ on tighthead, we'll be set to lay a foundation for our loosies and backs. Ireland have to front up like the French did, and if they can manage to do that, dominate in the collisions, and get quick ball to the backs, they'll have a great chance of winning. I'm calling this one 50/50 purely based on current form, forget about 6 Nations, Tri Nations and more importantly BIL Tour (can't we all just get past it and move on?)... it's all to play for and may the best team win, of course I'll go with The Springboks ;).

Latest posts