• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs Japan 03/07/2021

Beauty of a line
Pass maybe forward?

Japan p4p most aesthetic style of play

Our hands are so so bad. Like they were criticised under Schmidt but at least we were accurate if very low risk.

Johnny looking like he sells bag in the crowd lol.

Just got finished watching it there. Still some annoying things but will absolutely take that result with that intent vs a good Japan team.

Just watched the reply, I really enjoy the style of rugby Japan play, very entertaining, positive, don't remember them being off side much etc

question, how badly impacted was this Irish team by the lions? trying to understand how much to read into the scoreline

Just watched the reply, I really enjoy the style of rugby Japan play, very entertaining, positive, don't remember them being off side much etc

question, how badly impacted was this Irish team by the lions? trying to understand how much to read into the scoreline

We've seven guys away with the Lions, Healy, Sexton and Earls are being given the summer off, because of their age, and Porter and Ringrose are injured.

This was the most experienced 23 we could have picked from the squad available.

I only caught the first half, but I've been impressed by Japan over the last two weeks.

The way they managed their players in the build up to the RWC did make me wonder how good they'd be without that kind of concentrated training but there doesn't seem to have been much of a drop off.

I hope the presence of the PI teams in Super Rugby might present Fiji, Samoa and Tonga with a better chance of replicating some of what Japan have been doing. More strong teams can only be a good thing for the sport.

Latest posts