• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland vs USA 10/07/2021 (07/10/2021 for the Yanks)

Will die Lekker Bro call for Farrell out based off the team selection?

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Not until the first knock on

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
KO: 19:15 IST
Aviva Stadium

Team to be named soon. Based off press duties Casey is starting which would make me think Carbery will partner him. Expecting a good few changes but have a feeling the likes of Ryan and VDF will start. Would imagine Baird and Coombes are nailed on but a lot of other positions are up in the air in what direction he'll go. Would hope for both Balocounne and Hume, though could see him going with only one of them.

Will be interesting the see the results in this one and the England one. Do the USA have a much better team than Canada? When I was a kid Canada were half decent and in more recent years they normally seem to be on the same kinda level but perhaps the USA have a much better team than Canada these days.

Really like that team one of the most mobile packs we could possibly put out with everyone available. A lot of carriers which can sometimes work against you so expecting some guys like Ryan, Doris and Timoney to do a bit more grunt work. Timoney at 7 is an interesting one, myself and others had mooted it before he started developing as a ball carrier but it may be his best spot at international level, he's got bags of pace and has really improved his ground game the past season. I'd probably prefer Coombes and Doris the other way around but can see why you'd want Coombes off the base. Delighted TOT is in from the start and not on the bench. The backline has the potential to make hay off quick ball and Byrne over Burns is exactly the call I wanted to see. Does highlight the coaches (rightly) don't see Ed Byrne or Dooley as anything more than a stop gap.

I don't follow the Irish club sides particularly closely but Doris and Coombes that way round is a little odd, no?

I'd prefer them the other way around myself but Coombes has played most of his games at 8 and Doris has played a number of games at 6 when in a backrow with Deegan or Conan. Doris probably has the better burst and passing skills but Coombes is a very hard man to stop from close range and an excellent offloader so I can see why the coaches have done it that way. The whole backrow have probably played the majority of their club games at 8 but are all fairly versatile.

Nice team, would prefer to start HB but didn't expect it. Bizarre that Hume starts and Daly nowhere to be seen given the original squad, hopefully some personal growth from Farrell in realising that the players I want are what's best for Ireland.

'If we can add three gems out of this to our squad then we are in business' https://the42.ie/5490086

Some interesting quotes from Farrell about the newer caps. Playing Coombes at 8 because he's more comfortable there, talks about Baird needing to improve his ruck decision making as many have said but also his catch pass which looking back does make a lot of sense.

'If we can add three gems out of this to our squad then we are in business' https://the42.ie/5490086

Some interesting quotes from Farrell about the newer caps. Playing Coombes at 8 because he's more comfortable there, talks about Baird needing to improve his ruck decision making as many have said but also his catch pass which looking back does make a lot of sense.
Nice to see a coach being so honest about this, really refreshing

US EAGLES

Mike Te'o (Utah Warriors); Christian Dyer Wing (USA Sevens), Calvin Whiting (Utah Warriors), Bryce Campbell (Austin Gilgronis, capt), Mika Kruse (Utah Warriors), Luke Carty (LA Giltinis), Ruben de Haas (Austin Gilgronis), David Ainu'u (Toulouse), Joe Taufete'e (Lyon), Paul Mullen (Utah Warriors), Gregory Peterson (Newcastle Falcons). Nick Civetta (Rugby United New York), Hanco Germishuys (Rugby United New York), Riekert Hattingh (Seattle Seawolves), Cam Dolan (NOLA Gold).

Replacements: Kapeli Pifeleti (Saracens), Matt Harmon (NOLA Gold), Dino Waldren (NOLA Gold), Nate Brakeley (Rugby United New York), Psalm Wooching (San Diego Legion), Andrew Guerra (NOLA Gold), Michael Baska (Utah Warriors), Will Magie (Austin).

See that's why Ryan ain't with the Lions. Can't catch a simple lineout.

Very nervy start, doesn't help when one of the more experienced guys like Ryan keeps making handling errors.

Conway has to link there, would have liked to see a wider angle to see if the screen pass was on for Kilcoyne. Still good to see the offloading intent.

Latest posts