• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Irish RFU after Pat Richards

V

Vambo

From another site:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
According to the "Rugby" Times, the Irish RFU have put in a bid to Wigan for the release of Pat Richards to play for Ulster and Ireland.[/b]

Richards loves it at Wigan so hopefully nothing will come from this.

I read that too. Richards is a quality player but I thought the IRFU would be scared off League players after the failures of Brian Carney and Gary Connolly (albeit at the very end of his career).

I doubt there's too much truth in the rumour. Richards' contract with Wigan runs until 2011 and buying that out would be risky given his inexperience playing Union.

I can't see any truth in it, but Richards is a good player so I'm not surprised they're after him.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (snoopy snoopy dog dog @ Jan 18 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I read that too. Richards is a quality player but I thought the IRFU would be scared off League players after the failures of Brian Carney and Gary Connolly (albeit at the very end of his career).

I doubt there's too much truth in the rumour. Richards' contract with Wigan runs until 2011 and buying that out would be risky given his inexperience playing Union.[/b]

Bleedin' hell... I forgot Connelly went to Munster.
In his day one of the best centres it has ever been my privilege to see play. If only we could produce a player like that now!

By the time he finished in RL though his knees were fooked and he hardly did any training so it was a bit of a suprise to see him go across to Ireland.

Latest posts