• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is anyone going to win a bloody game?

I think the second round will have more exciting results as players adjust.

This is the single most boring world cup EVER so far. About the most exciting thing to happen yet was New Zealand salvaging a draw. But not being funny, that's hardly massive news.

Even Portugal vs Ivory Coast is a miserable drench of dire.

I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It is football after all. There are more draws than wins overall in every league on earth. 4-4 or even 2-2 would be lovely though.

Are you sure about that?
http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11660,00.html - England
http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11826,00.html - Spain
http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11853,00.html - Italy
http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11880,00.html - Germany

They all look at worst 5 matches and at best 10 per season to me... That's less then 20% of the year. The rest of the time, the matches have a winner.

Anyway, the supposed best opening match was a boring 0-0 draw. Shock el horror in this World Cup.

Every game I've watched has been horribly boring. Just finished watching Portugal v Ivory Coast which I had high hopes of seeing a bit of running and shots on goal. Instead, the entire match could have been condensed into 1min of decent play by Ronaldo. Seriously, how many times can you just pass packwards and forth between the back three and midfielders.

Might give Brazill a chance. If they don't provide an entertaining game, I think I'll give up now.

You could blame a lot of factors for a poor showing but for me teams are sort of afraid to attack. Hopefully Brazil will lead the way tonight.

So far the reasons include;

The Ball
The Horns
The Altitude
The Exhaustion
The Nerves
Rob Green
(and of course) David Beckhams 5th Metatarsal

Funny thing is though, everyone has the same "excuses", so they should happily cancel themselves out. They aren't and the spectacle is becoming very dull, very fast.

The horns don't help make poor matches into fu**ing tedious, miserable, annoying affairs for watchers though. They drive me roundthe bloody bend. They weren't quite as bad in the Portugal game today, but some games it's just a dull drone that sends me bloody loopy!

I'm enjoying it more that club football, but i can't stand club football so it doesn't say a lot. I've watched most of most games so far, i agree alot have been dire, and watching somethign for 95minutes and have it end goalless is just annoying.
Germany - Australia was has been the best match so far

I think the second round will have more exciting results as players adjust.

I think you're right. Each side (by tomorrow) wil have played at least once so they have had time to work on problems in games and they will be over the nerves and results and games should be a lot more entertaining in rnd 2

I thought the North Korea game was awesome, just because they did so well in the first half, and seeing the passion Jong showed was just awesome - he'll go far as a player. Enjoyed it so far, don't really see what all the fuss about the Vuvuzelas is about to be honest, annoying but they dont ruin the games in any way.

I thought the North Korea game was awesome, just because they did so well in the first half, and seeing the passion Jong showed was just awesome - he'll go far as a player.

I guess it's not hard to find motivation when you're playing for food.

I guess it's not hard to find motivation when you're playing for food.

Or when you can't be distracted too much by your own fans. Apparently most "North Korean" fans are chinese people on a payroll, since most North Koreans aren't allowed to leave the country that often. Can anyone confirm? Since I only heard it via radio.
I hope Spain-Switzerland adds some entertainment to the world cup :s

It's all been so disappointing so far I have to say. Too many teams too afraid to lose.

As M Two One said the 2nd round will be better. But I think we won't see the action until the QF

Conversely, I bet it gets worse once the sudden death rounds kick in.

Latest posts