• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is England Out?

B

BrainKing

Hi..

Is England out now and don't have a chance to get the ***le? We still have Scotland to play but Im not a genius on these kind of situations :)

Thanks.

No, if France lose a game, and England win their last 2, it will be close. Ireland can also still win, for the same reason.. but it's France's to lose.

So we need to win against Scotland and France and then we will go through to the final.
But france need to lost at least 1 of their next 2 matches so we can.

Right??

France has still to play Italy and England. I guess they will try to win and to increase their point difference versus Italy to an extent that even if they lose the last match versus England they win the 6N.

England will find it hard vs Scotland.

I know they lost to Italy but these England-Scotland games throw form out the window and it all about passion.

England will scrape a win against Scotland, then probably beat France by 15, it's just the way it goes! There is no 'final', rather it's normally the grandslam or the decider. In this case, England vs France will decide the ***le if France lose to Italy (unlikely) or England. If France win both games, they have the grandslam (being undefeated).

Realistically, England are the best bet to topple the French, as Ireland have lost to France, so any head-to-head record sees France win, in the event of France and Ireland ending up on the same points. So England have to win against Scots and France basically to win.

So who thinks England will be in the final match attempting to win the ***le?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Feb 27 2010, 06:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So who thinks England will be in the final match attempting to win the ***le?[/b]
Let's not forget France play Italy next and if they put up a big score it curtains.

Yeah, but i'd bet money on England channeling non-RWC All Blacks skillz for that game! Italy won't capitulate vs France. They've done very well without Parisse this year, and i think the new players are still not found out yet. France win of course, but maybe not as much as you'd think.

If Ireland loose to Wales and we beat France we'll come a certain second. If we beat France and Scotland by lots of points (so we score more points than France and Ireland in total) then we come 1st. If we beat France we could still come in 3rd if Ireland beat us on points difference. We could even end up 4th if we loose to France and Wales beat Ireland.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Feb 28 2010, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
So we need to win against Scotland and France and then we will go through to the final.[/b]
There is no final, it's a simple points league!

So they call you BrainKing, do they? :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Feb 27 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Feb 28 2010, 06:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So we need to win against Scotland and France and then we will go through to the final.[/b]
There is no final, it's a simple points league!

So they call you BrainKing, do they? :p
[/b][/quote]

I did say I didn't know much about the standings etc xD I just support my country whatever the sport :)

Do you think we have a good chance of winning anyway? Or at least coming second?

f*** winning the 6Nations, the only prize worth it is a Grand Slam. I couldn't care less if we came 4th now. The remaining games must be used for getting the **** out of our team and replacing it with someone with potential.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gingergenius @ Feb 28 2010, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
f*** winning the 6Nations, the only prize worth it is a Grand Slam. I couldn't care less if we came 4th now. The remaining games must be used for getting the **** out of our team and replacing it with someone with potential.[/b]

Couldn't agree more, the 6N is all about the grand slam , nothing else matters.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrainKing @ Feb 27 2010, 11:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi..

Is England out now and don't have a chance to get the ***le? We still have Scotland to play but Im not a genius on these kind of situations :)

Thanks.[/b]

Guess England has a chance in theory to fight again for the ***le

I don't think Englanders will give up and stop fighting for great aims :)))

In theory (and in Johnson and Andrews warped mind) Engalnd can win the ***le, they wont. France in Paris with the chance of a French slam. Not a snows chance in hell.

Latest posts