• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is it possible to watch Bt Sport in Germany ?

Bee

Academy Player
Country Flag
Germany
Club or Nation
Ealing Trailfinders
As I am obviously very interested to follow Premiership Rugby, just one "simple" question :
Does any one have experiences in watching from abroad ?
There's no German channel that shows any matches, so does anyone know if there's a way of receiving BT Sport from abroad or any way of watching live games LEGALLY ?
Every kind of help is highly appreciated, as BT Sport themselves have been totally stunned by that question alone and could not provide an answer. Same with Virgin Media who do have BT Sport in their TV package.
I'm fed up with shaky and unreliable streams.

i dont think theres any legal way im afraid, as i assume BT sport only have the rights to broadcast in the UK. so all other methods would be violating those rights

As I am obviously very interested to follow Premiership Rugby, just one "simple" question :
There's no German channel that shows any matches, so does anyone know if there's a way of receiving BT Sport from abroad or any way of watching live games LEGALLY ?
Every kind of help is highly appreciated, as BT Sport themselves have been totally stunned by that question alone and could not provide an answer. Same with Virgin Media who do have BT Sport in their TV package.

In Germany as well. Desperately want to see some rugby on tv

While BT don't have the rights for Germany, it actually is legal to watch pay TV from one EU country in another: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17150054 If you search for the case, you'll find more about it.

But you'll need 1) a satellite dish pointed at 28° East (where the British channels are) For the pay channels, any normal dish size should be fine in most of Germany, it
s more complicated for the free channels. But Bee, you are in Düsseldorf, right? You shouldn't have any problems with the BBC et al. either.
2) a Skybox. Those can be bought through eBay etc. Important: You can only get BT through Sky if you're abroad and you can't use those Skyboxes that come with a Sky subscription.
3) You either need someone in the UK or a reseller to get you the subscription. Resellers make it even more expensive and many aren't reliable. Resellers for Sky UK/RoI make you use your own credit card, so there's the risk that they keep on billing you while you don't receive Sky any more.

If it wasn't that expensive, complicated and didn't require a Skybox, I'd already have a subscription by now, but I really don't know any reliable resellers and no-one in the UK either. I already receive the Freesat channels, so at least I can get the BBC et al. (although I'd actually have some more adjustments for 24/7 reception of Channel 4 and sometimes ITV...).

In the past, it was at least easy to get prepaid cards for Sky Italy and they had a decent rugby coverage, but not any more. So I'm stuck with packages that mostly show football (which I still like, but not as much).

After doing some research, I was told to get myself a "fully loaded Android box" from Amazon UK. There are tons of them from £40 to £100. But as I am not very good in technical things, anyone got experience on that ?
Does stuff has to bee installed ? That price is a little bit too much for me to just get wasted...

I have a Google Chromecast that I use to cast the BT Sport app from my phone to my TV (or streams from my laptop to TV),
My housemate has an Amazon Fire Stick (one of the android app box things you mention above) but I don't think that has BT Sport as an option - there are others, though, that are just regular android rather than Amazon specific (with the Fire Stick you download Android apps through Amazon rather than through the Google App Store).

The issue you might have is whether or not the BT Sport android app actually works in a foreign country.

Edit: Seems like BT Sport don't allow you to watch their channel on the app if you're abroad:
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45849/~/can-i-use-the-bt-sport-app-outside-the-uk?

They really don't make it easy to watch live sport legally around the world!
It's no wonder there are so many streaming sites.

I have an android box for all away matches I use it. It cost £50 on eBay but installed kodi and Modbro. BT works good on them but just need patience when looking for stream. Within Kodi there's a thing called Sportsdevil that works. I watch all Canadian and USA tv on it too

Ooooooh THOSE box things - my manager at work was on about them before, I've never really looked into it, though.

I have an android box for all away matches I use it. It cost £50 on eBay but installed kodi and Modbro. BT works good on them but just need patience when looking for stream. Within Kodi there's a thing called Sportsdevil that works. I watch all Canadian and USA tv on it too

So I buy one with Kodi on it, start Kodi, Sportdevil and can watch BT ? Simple as that ?

I sorted out something and am currently enjoying Warriors - Harlequins on my TV back at home :)

I have a similar question, need to watch bt sport outside the UK as traveling..please share the dodgy secret ;)?

Yes of course, The best option is BCE Premium TV. We are using it for a long time. Over 100 Premium Sports HD Channels ( Sky Sports, BT Sport, beIN Sports, Fox Sports, NBCSN, TSN, ESPN, Euro Sports, NFL Network, WWE, ... ) only $20/month or $85/year.
just search "BCE Premium TV" on Google you will find it easily.

Latest posts