• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is it worth getting?

R

R_C

Ok, I'm not sure about most of you guys, but i'm sure there are some people on this board that are quite limited in their knowledge of games. Thankfully, we have some uber-knowledgeable posters here with us
So this is the thread to ask questions about certain games.
I know for one that i always venture into Game (or some other generic computer game store) and look at a game that's on sale and think, "That's a good price, but i've no idea if it's cheap coz it's shite or because it's been out a while."
So this is why i've created this thread.

...because i'm a newbie and i don't know anything.

Ok, first question:

WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2007

Is it worth getting? It's on sale in game for £17.99...

It's mildly enjoyable, provided you don't have any family to smother or a weights machine to hang yourself with nearby, in which case I wouldn't advise it.

Although it's proberbly only a tenner 2nd hand.

I like it Matt. I would suggest it'd be better as a 2 player game though. Me and Ste play on it sometimes and we have a good laugh.

The demo is on Xbox Live Marketplace, if you have xbox live, downloaded it & see what it's like.

My lil bro has this game and it is very good, for £17.99 you should def buy it!

The demo is on Xbox Live Marketplace, if you have xbox live, downloaded it & see what it's like. [/b]

Mite was telling me about this last weekend when we were in Games Station.
All i have to do is connect my xbox, right?
I don't need to have that annual membership thing to get it, do i?
And if that is the case will i have to pay for the demo?

There is also a video review on game-spot, I would insert the link, but gs is currently down. From memory they said it's a good game, but not really worth a purchase if you had 06 version (as not much has changed). It does have the odd collision system still present too.
I think they give it around 8/10.

the best source for games and its quality and public feedback is

www.gamerankings.com

this site links all official game sites reviews, previews, news you name it
then it has 3rd party links - for sites like USTimes that go outside their prime and review games

and this site has public user reviews, culminated into a pool with statistics, so you can gauge overall what the majority say of a given ***le, on all consoles

www.gamerankings.com

its bible if ur unsure on a game........

WWE v RAW is a good game...........IMO its worth a discounted price.....but not the AUD$110.00 it is sold for in aussie at the mo.

<div class='quotemain'> The demo is on Xbox Live Marketplace, if you have xbox live, downloaded it & see what it's like. [/b]
Mite was telling me about this last weekend when we were in Games Station.
All i have to do is connect my xbox, right?
I don't need to have that annual membership thing to get it, do i?
And if that is the case will i have to pay for the demo?[/b][/quote]
I'm guessing you've never brought your 360 online before?

You need an Xbox Live account, but fortunately, you can subscribe to "Xbox Live Silver" - a free option which doesnt grant the ability to play games online but does grant access to the marketplace to grab stuff for your games. In this case, a demo. Which, last I checked, didnt cost any money.

If you've never connected to Xbox Live before, you'll either have to migrate your current profile or create a new one for the purposes of downloading this (anything downloaded on your console is tied to your console and not to the profile that downloads it). If you need me to go into further detail, please let me know.

My experience with WWE 2007 is only fleeting, but from what I handled, the create-a-character mode certainly seemed quite... comprehensive.

i think metacritic.com is better than gamerankings, layout wise as well as having more than just game reviews

I bought Tomb Raider Lengend or whatever it's called.
It was £9.99 and the last time i played Tomb Raider was on PS1 (tomb raider2 i think) and it was nothing special.
Why did i buy this? Becuase i was bored and i didn't want to go home to an empty flat...so i postponed the inevitable by buying a game i didn't want.
2 days ago i bought it.
It's still sitting in the bag...i haven't touched it.

Have i wasted £9.99?

laracroftnewPA14020_314x450.jpg

Shhhhh...she'll hear you.

I sincerely hope that's not the only reason i bought the game.
I know sex sells, and i know i'm one naive, gullible ******* - but would i really fall for the "let's sell it to 13 year olds and desperate guys" ploy?

Evidently so....

I thought it was a pretty reasonable third-person adventure romp. Bit short, bit easy and overall it tends to play it safe (Angel of Darkness did precede it after all), but I got a decent weekend out of it mining for gamerpoints.

That, and I thought the goth costumes were cute. (Err...)

So yeah, isn't going to be game of the year anytime soon, but I doubt it'll offend your senses at a tenner.

I personally found Tomb Raider: Legend brilliant, al be it a tad short and easy.

For £10 though, you shouldn't be complaining.

Cheers Zonerunner and Mite.
So now that you've called it easy, at least i'll be able to complete the first level (i hope).
I'll have my first bash at the game tonight and then who knows i may even play the game afterwards.

Ok, according to the game i've played 41 mins worth of game play....and i have completed precisely 0% of the game.
Man, how shite am i?!
Lol.
It's easy, but that's coz i've got it on easy mode.

Question: I believe her boobs to be considerably smaller than they were back in the Tomb Raider 2 days. Am i wrong?

Question: I believe her boobs to be considerably smaller than they were back in the Tomb Raider 2 days. Am i wrong?[/b]

I'm sure your standards are just getting higher! :p

Latest posts