• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is Stuart Dickenson the worst refree ever in the history of rugby union?

J

Jonah

You all have to admit that he has been involved in controversy ever since he started his career as a "professsional" ref. What a joke it is...Without any doubt, he is the worst ref in the history of the game!

He's bad, but I'm still unsure whether or not he's worse than Lyndon Bray.

Agree on Lander but what about Spreadbury. I truely hate that man and he hates my team. Does anyone know where he lives cos I`ve got something for him.

Spredders is alright, makes a few mistake (but don't they all). At least he can have a laugh, which is more then I can say for Barnes or Rose. Pair of chuffing idiots they are.

Nigel Owens is a numptie n'all.

I dont dislike Spreadbury for the sake of it he has f***ed us over on too many occasions for it to be anything other than bias against us, and as you said he does it with a smile on his face, the smug *******!
Wayne Barnes in my opinion(ignore the NZers who hate him and will react to this) is excellent and the bright future of English refs, and the good thing about him is he is a Gloucestershire lad.
Ps I once got him so ****** when he ref`d my local club when he was a 15 year old he spewd up in the bar and was made to leave. Wish I`d had a camera on me.

Nobody has mentioned the Changleng twins. They define "numpty"

For mine

- the worst three international referees are Alan Lewis, Stuart Dickinson and Marius Jonker

- the best three are Chris White, Joel Judge and Alain Rolland

NOTE: I'm a kiwi and I haven't mentioned Wayne Barnes. He's a good ref getting better, but it doesn't mean he didn't f**k up big time in the RWC quarter final.

Chris White is a horrible ref....

Whistle... whistle... whistle... whistle... whistle... no advantage... whistle... whistle... me me me me me...

Nothing like a rugby game with 10 minutes of actual play...

Steve Walsh is a chump. Everyone hates Paul Honis also, who I admit, does have his fair share of blunders but overall isn't THAT bad.

Craig Joubert is a pretty good ref in my books also.

there was one he has gone now. the fuggin idiot colin hawk
as for ones reffing now you could list a page full.

I've disliked Marius Jonker very much for awhile now.

Andre Watson was a top ref back in the day

Most Australians referees are crap, not because they're Australians , it's rather the lack of national comp below s14 level which is detrimental for the referring standards.

Same could be said about the players but at leats you can always poach rugby league players, not referees.

I agree two world cups built on league converts.
[/b]

Really, I take the opposite view, league converts are a waste of money as far as i can see because you can't buy them in positions where the depth is most needed (front rows)

Theres this Irish bloke. He's an intl ref as well as Ireland's 3rd most capped cricketer... I forgot his name just now... Alan something?

Now he is good.

Currently there are two refs who are worse. Our very own Wayne Barnes, he was very good at the beginning of the season, now I just don't want to watch if he is refereeing! But he is totally eclipse by the Irish half-wit ALAIN ROLLAND. If you are listening Alain, please QUIT!!!

I don't know what it is, but since referee's have entered the Professional world, they've become bad!!

There are two complete contrast of styles from Southern Hemisphere to Northern. The important think for me, is that too many decisions by a ref is causing the outcome of a game. But what doesn't help are the touch judges, in International's we have referee's, who are used to being in the middle, but in club we have full-time touch judges who are better, because that's what they do.

I'd like to see Team's of three developed and work together week in, week out. Being a Referee myself, I know, how difficult it can be sometime to get the communication and uderstanding going with a different set of touch judges each week.

At least the best thing for Rugby officals, is that they are respecte, much more than football. I don't think I would ever see a Rugby refereee surrounded by a team of players screaming, well not many that would be left on the pitch afterwards.

Latest posts