• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is there a better big game player than Thierry Dusautoir?

PacDuran

Academy Player
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Trying to think of another who always rises to the occasion and has a stormer in the huge games. Brussouw? Pocock?

SBW, Sexton, Mike Brown, Parisse, Alun Wyn Jones, James Slipper.. To say a few IMO
I like this thread :)

SBW, Sexton, Mike Brown, Parisse, Alun Wyn Jones, James Slipper.. To say a few IMO
I like this thread :)

Parisse is a good one but it's like he's ******* into the wind haha. Harsh for such a great player to have a flock of pigeons around him. He'd waltz into all European teams, all teams but the AB's I think. In his prime anyway.

Sam Burgess!

All I've seen him do is knock the ball on man. Seems like a big powerful hoor but he ain't no SBW man. Hard to stop from 10 metres out but his offloading game isn't that great and I see teams with quality back rows exploiting him big time. Pocock will be dehydrated come match day from the amount of salivating he will do over tapes of Burgess.

No way. He's the best player of the professional age hands down, but I've seen him pocketed too many times by Dusautoir and Pocock for him to qualify for this thread lol.

Yet McCaw is the one who pocketed the RWC ;-)

I'm a big fan of Dusatoir but he's unlucky as a player.

Currently? Dunno, probably Giteau could still be a huge player to step up when it counts. Years ago I would have said Stirling Mortlock.

Definitely not Pierre Spies, or O'Gara...

What about Read? Maybe not always a stormer but pretty consistently good in all games I've seen.

For SA it would have to be du Preez (except 2011)

Surprised no one has yet mentioned One Bradley Barritt.....

Giteau definitely worth a mention, as is Kieran Read. And we've seen what Pocock has done since he's come back for injury. But in regards to the past, can't look past a special little irish nutter by the name of Brian O'Driscoll

Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Aaron Smith, Aaron Cruden.

Last edited:

Latest posts