• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is this game anywhere?!?

T

thecripplernz

Turns out that sweet F A copies of this game actually came into this country, there is 1 copy for rental in Hamilton (NZ)

I have spoken to Gamewizz and im gonna have to download this game for Xbox.

Im not a pirate, but if i cant even buy it, im gonna have to download it.

Sorry Trev

Peace Yo :(

I am yet to see copies of this game in any stores in Aus......(although it might have something to do with the places i have looked in, country NSW and Perth).

It does seem like theyve sold there initial copies and not ordered anymore. Ill be trading mine in it at EB palmy soon, so theyll hav a copy.

You're kidding!!

My local video ezy has 2 copies of it, and none for Rugby06.

When I was up in Hastings, Harvey Norman, EB AND the Warehouse have copies.

HA!!!

i just wanna play it for a couple of days, i already bought Rugby 06 on Xbox, and i wanna see me in the game.

its a shame, its almost like some EA heavy's hijacked the swordfish truck on its way to gamewizz

Dont buy this game, its utter shite

hire it out first and you'll see for yourself.

Yeah but when you do hire it out, give it time. Chances are you won't like it straight off, but stick it out as it does get a lot better.

Well, for some of us it did. You just have to suss out how to play it and experiment a lot and you will find that it really is a good game.

To be honest i gave it all of 5minutes before i violently threw it at the friend who brought it over.

Maybe it grows on you ,but for me personally i cant see that happening.

I havent played it yet....but WCR with 3 mates was brilliant, and i only expect this will be the same but better. :D

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 11 2006, 12:58 AM
To be honest i gave it all of 5minutes before i violently threw it at the friend who brought it over.

Maybe it grows on you ,but for me personally i cant see that happening.
It does get a little better with time, but not much... The problem for me was that all I had to do to win in IC mode was to play it like 7's rugby and just chuck the ball back and forth and I'd always score tries! Punting is close to pointless in the game, line outs are lotteries and the rucking system allows for barely any turn overs...

Yeh, it is extremely unrealistic, which not everyone will like. Especially the hardcore rugby gamers. They would choose EA's game every time. Myself included. But it is great fun.

I don;t know what it is, but I always seem to get turnovers. About as often as Rugby06. The main issue with this game is the defending for me. That could have been better. The thing with rucks in this game is tactics. Often the CPU will isolate themselves just enough for you to pile men in. Chances are you won't win the ball, so at the very last second, take all of your men out so theres only 3 left. The CPU will still have all of them. At the next ruck if you are quick enough in your defense, you have a much higher chance of winning the ball. Especially if you get right up in their face.

In multiplayer its much harder though.

But for a good quick bash it's hella fun though.

Just take the time to suss it out...

If you're into that sort of thinf.

Originally posted by kaftka@Mar 11 2006, 02:26 PM
Yeh, it is extremely unrealistic, which not everyone will like. Especially the hardcore rugby gamers. They would choose EA's game every time. Myself included. But it is great fun.

Rugby 06 has it's problems, but it does feel more like a game of rugby and I have to vary my tactics more. EG: Yesterday I played the Cheetahs at home and pumped them a whopping 91-12!!! This was on elite as well with 10 min halves, so I thought the game had probably passed its used by date, but then the next game I played the Crusaders away and struggled home to a lucky 12-10 win after being down 7-0 at half time. I had to drastically change my playing style to get back and be cheeky with the steel button to take posession (which is why I copped a penelty). And that is the reason Rugby 06 is so playable for me, one game will be easy and you think you're the ****, and then the next game you just make it over the line or get shown up completely! I never had that with the AI in RC... I pasted them on pretty much every occasion.

Wow - I just bought this game for 99 cents. I almost feel bad for only paying this much on eBay - I haven't played the game yet - it came this morning and I saw it in the letterbox but had to go t work. Quite possibly a late night tonight.

I have toned my expectations down a lot for this game based upon the feedback that I have seen on this website and others.

I expect the game to play like 7's, and that I will be frustrated by lack of turnovers and the randomness (or something more sinister) of the lineouts. If the game is very arcadey then that will also frustrate me.

But anyway how can I complain - I only paid 99 cents for it.

no i still havent found it, i only want to have a couple of days play with it to see what its like.

I know Rugby 06 is better so i dont want to buy it.

This is a pain in the ass, i only have xbox too

I bought it a couple of days ago from the warehouse for $30! I probably only played it 3 times, havent touched it since.

Latest posts