• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Isa Nacewa to retire at the end of the season

Did he not retire a few years ago?

He's like the rolling stones, he'll be back again in a few months

Did he not retire a few years ago?

He's like the rolling stones, he'll be back again in a few months
5 years ago because his wife wanted to move back to Auckland and he didn't want to play for anyone but Leinster. I hope so, I'm genuinely struggling a bit here, moreso than when BOD packed it in.

He's not staying on as a coach. :(

I'm kind of glad for Strauss, it's been tough watching him as a shell of himself.

We've also lowered our ginger population by letting Marsh and Timmons go.

5 years ago because his wife wanted to move back to Auckland and he didn't want to play for anyone but Leinster. I hope so, I'm genuinely struggling a bit here, moreso than when BOD packed it in.

I had that feeling when Murphy retired.

IMO It's great when a homegrown player becomes a legend but it's another thing entirely when someone with no ties to the club or country before moving becomes one.

I was having a good day until I found out.

What a player. So good and so consistent. The most consistent player i ever saw. Genuinely never had a bad or even okay game. Will be very very very missed.

ISA! ISA! ISA!

VISA VISA VISA!!!

Great player for the goys. Head and shoulders above any other NIQ for long term impact on the game here.

Hopefully he's not heading home via South Africa :D

His name literally means Jesus in Irish. Leinster's greatest ever. Biggest loss to the international game maybe ever. Will be sorely missed as a player and a leader. He'll make a great coach. He'd be a better pundit that Matt Williams as well if anyone from TV3 is listening.

Next Leinster captain while we're at it? Sexton is the obvious choice unless we want someone who'll be there week in week out in which case it's anyone's game. Could have different captains for the different comps as well.

His name literally means Jesus in Irish. Leinster's greatest ever. Biggest loss to the international game maybe ever. Will be sorely missed as a player and a leader. He'll make a great coach. He'd be a better pundit that Matt Williams as well if anyone from TV3 is listening.

Next Leinster captain while we're at it? Sexton is the obvious choice unless we want someone who'll be there week in week out in which case it's anyone's game. Could have different captains for the different comps as well.
Is a seems to have job already sorted back home. But is moving to NZ regardless.

On captaincy it seems Sexton and James Ryan are being mentioned. I'd wait a few years before considering Ryan.

Is a seems to have job already sorted back home. But is moving to NZ regardless.

On captaincy it seems Sexton and James Ryan are being mentioned. I'd wait a few years before considering Ryan.

If anyone is going to be a 21 year old captain James Ryan is that player but even still it's early days for him. Maybe wait a few years. Sexton is the biggest leader in that team but whether him being the captain would help the team or his performances I don't know.

Latest posts