• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v France

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
italy.png
france.png

Italy v France</div>

Well they may be out of the championship after their disastrous performance at Twickenham but it'll be interesting to see how they react in Rome.

Italy for their part will be kicking themselves having got in a position to beat Wales only to let them off the hook.

Don't think we'll be seeing Trinh-Duc and Parra starting in Rome and I'd be surprised if there's not a fair few changes on top of that.

Italy will again compete up front and if they can keep their discipline and France don't then there might be a chance of an upset but we're more likely to see a backlash from France.

Bah there's plenty to be said on the topic, no changes to the French squad for a start.

Tillous Borde and Kayser have been ruled out of the French squad for Saturday's trip to Rome and have been replaced Michalak and Servat.

I would say France Win ....

The group has not change apart 2 injured guys with the return of the prodig son of the french rugby , Michalak . 26 years old , already 2 world cup done , never really answered to all hopes that french supporters have put on him ...He is coming back from one year in South Africa (he played for Durban , Natal ) and for now , nobody seems to appear fully satisfied with his performance with toulouse and french championship . But Michalak is Michalak ;) and as Tillous Bordes is injured , i think it is good to see him coming back and maybe show something different . i would say that even if Frenchies make a good performance agains Italy , it won't proove anything so it is certainly not the best match for Michalak to come back . it is a sort of match where you have nothing to win and a lot of thing to loose as France has already missed his tournament . So sadly for Michalak , i don't think he will come back a lot of times in the French team , apart if suddenly he is becoming a more tough mentally and win some regularity in his performance . From my point of view , we should continue to give experiences to young guys like Parra or Tillous bordes and count on Michalak ( or Elissalde ) in cases where we have injured players . like i i'm over to see Jauzion or Traille ...they had already their chances since years and years...i prefer youngest guys like Bastareaud , Trinh duc , Mermoz .

The point of the italian match for frenchies will be to try to find again this concentration and engagment that has made them "killed" the welsh ...there has been a lot of critics in France about the combativity of french players against England , Lievremont said that some guys were not on the field last sunday , even before the match ...So very basically he is believing in this team and wants to give her another chance to shine ;) ...In the mean time , whatever the result is , we won't be really pleased after in all cases ... even if it is an important match because french team won't be able to play for a while together (even the spring tour in south hemisphere does not really count as , in general , Clubs don't let go players for that ...players are injuried etc ....and so we will play with a B-team as usual ) ...

After what we saw this week-end I'd rather say the slight knock-out we did to the Welsh better than the killing...

Starting XV for France

Traille ; Médard, Fritz, Jauzion, Heymans ; (o) Trinh-Duc, (m) Parra ; Bonnaire, Harinorodoquy, Dusautoir ; Chabal, Nallet ; Marconnet, Szarzweski, Barcella.

Replacements - Servat, Domingo, Thion, Picamoles, Michalak, Bastareaud, Malzieu.

really is surprising to see Trinh Duc and Parra there again, normally the half backs are the first to go after a French defeat like that

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
really is surprising to see Trinh Duc and Parra there again, normally the half backs are the first to go after a French defeat like that[/b]

In fact Lièvremont decided not to change any player from the team who got raped at Twickenham. The only changes are due to injuries, hence the return of Michalak. Traille is the only one really "rewarded" since he had a decent game againt the English. So he's playing at fullback where he only rarely plays with his club.
:bravo: Lièvremont for another erratic choice.
Hopefully with more space to attack, the half backs won't look as crap as they did against England. Trinh-Duc might be able to express his talent. I still would have preferred Beauxis though...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
really is surprising to see Trinh Duc and Parra there again, normally the half backs are the first to go after a French defeat like that[/b]

In fact Lièvremont decided not to change any player from the team who got raped at Twickenham. The only changes are due to injuries, hence the return of Michalak. Traille is the only one really "rewarded" since he had a decent game againt the English. So he's playing at fullback where he only rarely plays with his club.
Hopefully with more space to attack, the half backs won't look as crap as they did against England. Trinh-Duc might be able to express his talent. I still would have preferred Beauxis though...
[/b][/quote]

is he fit at the moment?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 01:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

is he fit at the moment?
[/b][/quote]

Yup

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

is he fit at the moment?
[/b][/quote]

Yup
[/b][/quote]

well then that makes the selection of Trinh Duc all the more baffling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 02:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

is he fit at the moment?
[/b][/quote]

Yup
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I think Lievremont is too close to his players, and i think that he should keep a little more distance. He went on and on explaining he wanted to give them a second chance, to show them his confidence... I say when players play badly you dump them. Then if they show signs of improvement in their clubs you call them back.
This way they learn how to be responsible. Plus, it is unfair to those who should be in like Beauxis!
Lievremont <_< <_< <_<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

is he fit at the moment?
[/b][/quote]

Yup
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

I think Lievremont is too close to his players, and i think that he should keep a little more distance. He went on and on explaining he wanted to give them a second chance, to show them his confidence... I say when players play badly you dump them. Then if they show signs of improvement in their clubs you call them back.
This way they learn how to be responsible. Plus, it is unfair to those who should be in like Beauxis!
Lievremont <_< <_< <_<
[/b][/quote]

It's not as if he's in a position where he doesn't have other options but then again when you appoint a coach whose only experience came at Dax then you're asking for trouble.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 05:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elgringoborracho @ Mar 18 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 18 2009, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/b][/quote]

is he fit at the moment?
[/b][/quote]

Yup
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

Lievremont <_< <_< <_<
[/b][/quote]

It's not as if he's in a position where he doesn't have other options but then again when you appoint a coach whose only experience came at Dax then you're asking for trouble.
[/b][/quote]

:) Now you get the point

unchanged XV for Italy

15 Andrea MARCATO (Treviso, 15 caps)
14 Giulio RUBINI (O. Parma, 2 caps)
13 Gonzalo CANALE (Clermont-Auvergne, 46 caps)
12 Mirco BERGAMASCO (Stade Francais, 60 caps)
11 Matteo PRATICHETTI (Calvisano, 16 caps)
10 Luke MCLEAN (Calvisano, 7 caps)
9 Paul GRIFFEN (Calvisano, 41 caps)
8 Sergio PARISSE (Stade Francais, 61 caps) - capitano
7 Mauro BERGAMASCO (Stade Francais, 73 caps)
6 Alessandro ZANNI (Calvisano, 30 caps)
5 Marco BORTOLAMI (Gloucester RFC, 73 caps)
4 Santiago DELLAPE’ (Toulon RC, 56 caps)
3 Carlos NIETO (Gloucester RFC, 35 caps)
2 Leonardo GHIRALDINI (Calvisano, 18 caps)
1 Salvatore PERUGINI (Stade Toulousain, 59 caps)

16 Franco SBARAGLINI (Treviso, 1 cap)
17 Martin CASTROGIOVANNI (Leicester Tigers, 58 caps)
18 Carlo Antonio DEL FAVA (Ulster, 36 caps)
19 Josh SOLE (Viadana, 37 caps)
20 Pablo CANAVOSIO (Viadana, 24 caps)
21 Luciano ORQUERA (Brive, 13 caps)
22 Roberto QUARTAROLI (O. Parma, 1 cap)

first shot at goal for the French, with this wind it'll be even more tricky this weekend, let's see how Parra gets on then.

Latest posts