• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v France

Don't why this try is accepted by Rolland here, in the ruck, Domingo is not keeping on his feet when he takes and place the ball behind the line...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mr.cyclopede @ Mar 21 2009, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Don't why this try is accepted by Rolland here, in the ruck, Domingo is not keeping on his feet when he takes and place the ball behind the line...[/b]
I agree. Against Wales, Harinoduquy was denied a try for the same thing...

that's a lot better, easier when you've someone like Bastareaud drawing the defenders though.

all too easy there, Italy really have shot themselves in the foot so many times today.

really does look like a rabbit in the headlights but wouldn't want to try tackling him.

50-8 France FT

error ridden from the Italians and France certainly took advantage of them

That was an entertaining start to the Saturday. Italy been the shittest they've been since they joined the 6N and France have been a rollercoaster as usual but they've probably given the most entertaining matches!

Had it been that French side last week, I fully would have been expecting a pummeling for England. If ony they could find some consistancy they'd easily be in the WR top 3.

but they've got a mental block against England at the moment so even if they were to play them next week they'd more than likely lose.

So here it is ! a Half reassuring match ! At least all our young players have shown something good...Parra , Trinh-Duc , Bastareraud , Medard have been qgood today ...even if they have been helped by a weak italian defense . But definitly , as french , i'm over it to see Traille , Jauzion or even Fritz ...i think these players play well but have never done something really magic with the french team ...when i see a guy like bastareaud , he is already more dangerous for defenses than Jauzion and traille have been during the last 5 years . Good match of heymans . Serious match from the french team , they have done the job but i think we could really play faster sometimes..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Mar 21 2009, 03:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Had it been that French side last week, I fully would have been expecting a pummeling for England. If ony they could find some consistancy they'd easily be in the WR top 3.[/b]

They are so frustrating sometimes , believe me ! :p

I thought Trinh Duc was a bit anonymous in the second half and kept running down the wrong channels.

Trin-Duc was immense, as were France, great performance perhaps their best of the championsip. A bit more composure and it would have been All Black territory against the Azzuri... 70+

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Mar 21 2009, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I thought Trinh Duc was a bit anonymous in the second half and kept running down the wrong channels.[/b]

True ...But he is a creative opener ...he is trying always some different stuff and he had done really great pass ...even one of the last one who put bastareaud in the good way ...he is young and with a little bit of maturity he will certainly be good . What i meant is that already these young players are able to play as the same level as the Laporte team use to play and that it is a goood news because we can hope that they will improve . I think France missed some individualities like bastareaud for example in the past few years and we need to be good collectivly but individually as well ...being individualy able to put our "enemies" out of position on one walk , on one little action and u do that by having good individualities . IT is long time we do not have good back lines players ...for me since Dominici....

Let's go for others match :p

Well, a great recovery by France.. granted it was against the whipping boys but some really good plays today from France. What can you say about Italy. They just do not have the depth or quality of players except in the forwards to compete at the moment with the other 5 except when they don't turn up.

I don't think Mallett is up to it as coach. He has made some truly epic fail moments.. sure make an experiment like Michalak at 9, but not a flanker. And why does he keep playing Marcato at 15 and McLean at 10?

I think Italy can go a bit lower yet. They don't have enough high-level domestic competition to challenge the big boys. What they need is week-in, week-out experience, such as the Magners League.

Poor campaign from Italy. Definitely in transition!

Latest posts