• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v New Zealand

I'd rate him ahead of Spencer, but then I'd rate a rabid dog ahead of Spencer.

Spencer had all the class and moves until faced with top flight opposition Aus/SA/Eng/Wales etc.. then he proved he just couldn't cut the mustard - Delaney hasn't yet faced the challenge of stepping up to test match level, and Italy are not yet a top flight opponent but the guy has been playing a very accomplished and classy game this season, it will be interesting to see how he goes.

Crap match, wasted my time staying up late to watch it. I wouldn't have even watched the replay with a match like that. People who need to go.

Sitivini Sivivatu - Has pace but chooses never to use it, no counter attacking.
Ben Smith - Did nothing to prove himself (all be it with little oppertunity)
Wyatt Crockett - Cause he got shat on
Liam Messam - Cause again he did nothing.
Tanerau Latimer - Again did very little to secure a spot.
Anthony Boric - Weak scummager, poor work rate.
Any Ellis - Nothing special, put himself under pressure alot.
Ian Jones - Because on commentating the game afterwards, he kept saying what a great game it was, and how Crockett should be left on.
Sky Sports Camera Man - Because the camera was continuiosly pointed at the dumest sh*t when the action was going on.
Stuart Dickenson - Because he can't ref for sh*t, dosen't know how to keep a flowing game going, and the basic rules of scrummaging.

In my opinion on one has really deserved their spot, and noone got much of a chance except the forwards. Our scrum was raped. Flyn may be the only person who did a decent job, and even Delany didn't impress me. We're now rated the #1 team in the world, however we played poorly. In my honest opinion, we don't deserve the #1 ***le. It may have need a second string team, however we performed like crap, and I'd rate any of the Super 14 teams to have performed better. Italy played well but seemed to have the attitude as to keep the game close and only lose by a little bit. Forward were great, though I thought Sergio Parisse showed some class, however his late tackles that went unoticed by incompetent Dickenson left a bit of a bitter taste. No excuses to our performance though, we played poorly and I can say with a easy degree of saftey that the All Whites took the show for New Zealand this weekend.

Italy have shown their improvment but I believe that it highlighted the All Blacks dependence on McCaw and Carter for the RWC. We had better improve with a full strength squad if we are to beat England and more so France.

Italy were robbed of a try by Dickenson in the last 6 minutes. 4 penalties at scrum time on the All Blacks 5m, a yellow card and still no penalty try.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 15 2009, 05:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Italy were robbed of a try by Dickenson in the last 6 minutes. 4 penalties at scrum time on the All Blacks 5m, a yellow card and still no penalty try.[/b]

You could tell that Italy were getting very angry at Dickenson by not awarding a penalty try, he really did live up to his name.

I just read the review in the herald;
Hopefully the AB change their attitude and start playing better rugby against non-top 5 countries, otherwise they may bump into the same dilemma as in the semis against France in 07 during the next WC

Score please?

Switched over at half time to watch the Purple Plonkers at Twickenham. Another yawnfest.

Yawnfests across the globe to be honest. No point in pinging the English "Purple Plonkers" when Wales were equally as plodding the day before (even the week before)...

Italian forwards, superb. Really screwed us from there. Backs had **** ball to work with. Happy Buzz=All Whites.. stink buzz=All Blacks.

hmm not a racist remark honest!

Italy were indeed Robbed of a try in the last 5 minutes, appalling stuff from Dickinson.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Nov 15 2009, 08:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yawnfests across the globe to be honest. No point in pinging the English "Purple Plonkers" when Wales were equally as plodding the day before (even the week before)...[/b]
Why not?

At least Wales were up against forty minutes of the ABs running the f***ing ball - huge departure from the kick-'n-harry atrocity that SA and Argentina have inflicted on rugby. I'm pretty sure England can break out of that nonsense, but the players don't seem to ... I dunno. Depressing.

Pray Ire/Aus give us a full game of commitment, spirit, invention.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DanCarterite @ Nov 15 2009, 01:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'd rate him ahead of Spencer, but then I'd rate a rabid dog ahead of Spencer.

Spencer had all the class and moves until faced with top flight opposition Aus/SA/Eng/Wales etc.. then he proved he just couldn't cut the mustard - Delaney hasn't yet faced the challenge of stepping up to test match level, and Italy are not yet a top flight opponent but the guy has been playing a very accomplished and classy game this season, it will be interesting to see how he goes.[/b]

That may be the case, but he absolutely destroyed when he was playing against ****-poor opponents (read; The Crusaders) :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDx8KKJjEwI 2:13

Honestly though Spencer is one of the best natural footballers to play the game, He has a positive win record against every team aswell, so he may not cut the mustard whens hes off form, but when he is he can take anyone

Dickenson was a shocker the camera was on him more than it was on the players. The last 13 scrums took up nearly 7min of time I MySky'd it and rewound through it and I would of been happy if the ref had given the Italians a penalty try at least they could of got on with playing Rugby.

Pressure was immense from the Italian scrum and they deserved alot more than the ref gave them. I thought the All Blacks had no stand out's no one impressed me. Our debutants played average but I didn't expect them to come out and dominate being there first international.

1 try in the whole game from Corey Flynn and it was a bit of a boring try too, it probably didn't help things that it was a clear try but the ref decided to go to upstairs and ended up using a cellphone to communicate with the t.m.o which made it take longer because he couldn't get more replays til a min later.

Very average game hope next week brings some better Rugby because this week was crap apart from the French vs Springboks that was a ok game.

Might i add though, what a nice as stadium and great atmosphere.

I'm also more impressed with Craig Gower's transition to union, not a bad effort.

Is it just me who's wondering if the All Blacks are trying to play boring rugby and win ugly so they're ready for the next World Cup? Or maybe I'm just trying to sound optimistic...

Nobody stood out for the All Blacks, Sergio Parisse deserved his man of the match award and those last five minutes were a mess. I think that about sums it up. Oh, and the kicking!

Yeah, I was actually hoping for the Italians to just the the penalty try and continue with the game. 7 minutes of scrum resets...

btw Gowers rugby performance was average at best, as he just kicked away any chanceof attacking rugby from Italy.

Anyone else agree that we need a running winger in as apposed to ones that are average with ball in hand but can catch and kick? Because Ben Smith's "amazing" counter attack I've heard so much about never really took place. Yes Italian defence was solid, but despite the fact they were off side for much of the game, we still should have done better.

rococko.jpg

Is this the man you're looking for?

WHAT THE f*** WAS UP WITH THAT CROWD? Were they mostly Italians who had come across to Spain or what?

Why is nobody on Tialata's case? The guy is dead weight, he got shat on big time. Franks is 100 times better, Henry loves his big sackish Wellington/Auckland players obviously. I loved it when the Italians got stuck into Tialata when he got sent off, should have been a red and a penalty try but Dickenson dicked things up as usual. Crockett is also very average. Franks and Woodcock are our best bet at props with Afoa on the bench and those other 2 guys nowhere near the All Blacks team.

Ellis is still useless, my god he is slow... in every facet of his game. So'oialo and Messam are useless also, Latimer I wouldn't be too rough on.

Can't wait until England next week, for the sole sake of Henry actually fielding us a decent side.

Team for England should be;
Muliaina, Jane, Smith, Nonu, Sivivatu, Carter, Cowan, Read, McCaw, Kaino, Eaton, Thorn, Franks, Hore, Woodcock.

On the bench;
Flynn, Afoa, Boric, Thomson, Ellis (sigh... where the f*** is Weepu?), McAlister, Ellison.

Latest posts