Italy v Scotland

W

Will

<div align='left'>Scotland team to play Italy:
</div>
<div align='left'>
</div>
<div align='left'>15 Hugo Southwell (Stade Francais) </div>
<div align='left'>14 Simon Danielli (Ulster)
13 Max Evans (Glasgow Warriors)
12 Graeme Morrison (Glasgow Warriors)
11 Sean Lamont (Scarlets) </div>
<div align='left'>10 Dan Parks (Glasgow Warriors)
9 Chris Cusiter (Glasgow Warriors) CAPTAIN </div>
<div align='left'>1 Allan Jacobsen (Edinburgh)
2 Ross Ford (Edinburgh)
3 Euan Murray (Northampton Saints)
4 Jim Hamilton (Edinburgh)
5 Alastair Kellock (Glasgow Warriors)
6 Kelly Brown (Glasgow Warriors)
8 Johnnie Beattie (Glasgow Warriors)
7 John Barclay (Glasgow Warriors) </div>
<div align='left'>Substitutes:
16 Scott Lawson (Gloucester)
17 Alasdair Dickinson (Gloucester)
18 Nathan Hines (Leinster)
19 Alasdair Strokosch (Gloucester)
20 Mike Blair (Edinburgh)
21 Phil Godman (Edinburgh)
22 Nick De Luca (Edinburgh)</div>
<div align='left'>
</div>
<div align='left'>Obviously rory Lawson, Thom Evans and Chris Patterson all miss out through injury. Moray Low also misses out but then Ewan Murray is back in the side due to the game not being on a Sunday (as if any God wouldn't have other things to worry about).
</div>
<div align='left'>
</div>
<div align='left'>Good to see Hines and Strokosh back in the side as subs after injury. Danielli is in to play on the wing. Not a bad choice given he's been in good form with Ulster. Here's hoping he has an "on" day in blue. Never really been that keen on Southwell as a player but he's in at 15 to replace Patterson.
</div>
<div align='left'>
</div>
<div align='left'>All in I still feel it's a good enough team/squad to take the game to Italy and to win. Hopefully pretty convincingly....
</div>

Got to go with a Scotland win for this.
They were very unlucky to miss out on the win against Wales, and played very well against France

Italy in with a very good chance of taking this. Slightly ahead on territory and possession, and Scotland are a shadow of the team they were against Wales and France

Bergamasco kicks another penalty. 9 - 6.

EDIT: Italy score with 13 minutes left. Tackling was poor. 16 - 12.

Another penalty being taken by Gower.... missed by a whisker!

Come on Azzurri!

Bravo Italy ! tough for scotland regarding their 2 first match against FR and wales but that is good for Italy this result .

Great character from Italy and beautiful try. I love it when a scrum changes the game. The attempt to kick the ball dead on 80 mins was hilarious.

I actually feel for Scotland because they are worth more than bottom place at the moment. However, if they play like that in their remaining fixtures I cannot see them getting a win this year.

Always good to see Italy get a win though, its important for the development of the game there.

Immense performance from Italy. Nice to see them throw the ball around (a bit). Scotland's pack really didn't turn up.

Bravo Italia! Great win, lovely try, keep it up!

Who was commentating on this for the BBC? Anyone remember him giving out for five minutes about an Italian player not getting a yellow card for tackling Cussiter when he had the ball in his hands just before half time, and then saying a penalty given against Scotland was the wrong decision when a Scottish player came around the side of a ruck and dived on the ball? Ridiculous bias, I found George Hamilton easier to listen to :eek:

Lads we might not see it clearly but Italy are improving BIG-Time.
This win came without Parisse and if they get 2 teams in the ML soon it'll lift them up even further.

This has been a much improved 6N for Italy from last year. We are a much tougher team to play against. Take away the first half against Ireland, we have been solid in defence, reasonably disciplined, and against Scotland, we even did well with the ball at hand, and didnt just kick all the time (even if this is still a part of our game). Gower has certainly helped that. A great try. Maybe I should even say on reflection we can be disappointed we didnt beat England considering they were playing badly, but mentally when it comes to the crunch, England has champions in their team, and for the most part, Italy doesnt. Until it happens, it will be a huge obstacle to overcome England, even at their worst, and our best.

I think a lot of this improvement is owed to Mallett finally playing the rugby players in their position. NO more of Masi at every position but his best. No more of Mauro Bergamasco at scrum half, and so on... still strange to see Mirco kicking, and until we get a world class goal kicker, we will still lose more games than we win, but at least now you can see on the field a clear plan from Italy.

I hope that Italy is getting better. We played well with Scotland but I'm sure that against France there's no chance :(

Latest posts